Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 13:54   #76
BHPian

Team OD ,

Welcome aboard . I am quite glued to the CNBC auto show . I will share my comments / feedback once i see the new series .

Whats the new offer for OD for T- Bhpians ??
Old 14th April 2008, 15:51   #77
BHPian

Yeah Technocrat the Jaguar documentary is shown on History Channel or Discovery not sure had seen it 10 days back( 1 hr show)

Last edited by yogi1771 : 14th April 2008 at 15:53.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Good improvement in the bikes comparison.
Expecting more from Team OD!
Old 16th April 2008, 09:39   #79
BHPian

Had a glimpse of the second show --looks like that you ran of material that is why you have used National Geographic clip in the show for Jaguar .
Could have been better if you could have compiled our own Story for Jaguar .
Team OD Autocar has left a lasting impression on us -so there would be a lot of comparision with the autocar show .I remember in one of thier show on Fiat/Ferrari they had someone go to Italy and showed the History of the company .
Old 16th April 2008, 13:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I could take a glimpse of the first show on CNBC--the one that TD'd luxury cars like Merc, Beemer, Audi, etc, but could not see the entire episode as I was in a TV showroom.
I tried to see the second one on Sunday at 12 noon and at 1230 pm, but there was none!! Did I get the time wrong?
Can anyone please update us on all auto shows in a week, and their time? It would be on immense help to all of us.
Old 19th April 2008, 22:33   #81
BHPian

Hello Team OD,

I am a subscriber of Overdrive for the past six-odd years and haven't dumped a single issue till date. I have been following ur new show very eagerly. Taking this opportunity, let me put my observations / suggestions / criticism below in general about the show:
  1. First, let me congratulate all you guys for sincerely aiming to do something different from the regular so-called "car shows".
  2. You guys, seem to be quite comfortable in front of the camera. So, that isn't really a problem.
  3. From what I can understand you are aiming to make a show which is appealing to hardcore enthusiasts as well as the casual TV viewer. What this results to is that you guys are trying to do too many things within a limited span of 20 minutes (excluding ads).
  4. I strongly feel that make it completely an enthusiast-centric show. Let's face it. The biggest viewership will be constituted by the enthusiast community who will tune into CNBC week after week. Take any successful car show from any country viz., Top Gear, Fifth Gear, Best Motoring etc. All of them are enthusiast-oriented shows, not consumer-oriented.
  5. Thus, I really don't think the AutoSelector section makes any sense. When you are already doing comparos in the show itself, where's the need for this section. You'll save precious time WITHOUT any drop in TRPs.
  6. You have taken the initiative of actually running cars on tracks. But as others have pointed out, please keep a steady camera angle and show cars doing complete laps or atleast a part of it. Or cameras can be placed at strategic locations and two cars can be shown going head-to-head on a split screen to give a relative idea of their on track performance. However, I liked the placement of the cameras inside the car a la Top Gear.
  7. OD needs a Stig!
  8. Whenever the show jumps into a break, almost the entire title song video clip is shown. A few precious seconds can be saved there too.
  9. You guys should actually sit with the editing staff while the show is finally being edited. I don't think you do this because I have a strong intuitive feeling that some of the better shots/scenes might be getting edited.
  10. Overall, I would give the show 7 out of 10.
Looking forward to your replies,
salilpawar1

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 19th April 2008 at 22:39.
Old 19th April 2008, 22:50   #82
Team-BHP Support

Nice episode today with the SUV's. Few things missed out were the interiors and what happened to the Pajero SFX model? Maybe old fashioned but will give the endy a good run for it's money.

Overall good show.
Old 20th April 2008, 18:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Yes it was a good episode though I missed the Grand Vitara & Pajero
Old 20th April 2008, 20:18   #84
BHPian

Yup, same here. Even I was wondering why the GV & Pajero was not featured.
Old 20th April 2008, 20:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or cameras can be placed at strategic locations and two cars can be shown going head-to-head on a split screen to give a relative idea of their on track performance.
Instead of using slipt screens, the overlapping effect which Fifth Gear uses works the best.

This lets you see both cars on the same screen without them affecting each others lap performance.

Shan2nu
Old 20th April 2008, 20:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Saw the episode this weekend. A few handbrake turns and a little opposite lock wont do it for you. Not at all impressed.
The 300 bhp skoda was extremely slow... 0-100 kph in 8.XX seconds and I began to wonder if it is actually 300 bhp.
Old 27th April 2008, 09:35   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Saw the episode this weekend. A few handbrake turns and a little opposite lock wont do it for you. Not at all impressed.
The 300 bhp skoda was extremely slow... 0-100 kph in 8.XX seconds and I began to wonder if it is actually 300 bhp.
it was because of the tyres , i think they had worn out . Checked out the latest show , much better with bert driving the accord and also showing the interiors of it , i think sirish is a bit biased towards the laura , every time he goes on saying its the best . overall though its pretty good.
Old 27th April 2008, 10:40   #88
BHPian

havent watched the show yet... is there a youtube upoad avialable that can be watched?
Old 6th May 2008, 00:18   #89

Guys here are the links for the pilot episode of the OD show on youtube. Its split in three parts.

Awsome car show, i never miss it, hats of to team OD.

Last edited by ajmat : 6th May 2008 at 09:10.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

is this show still on? What are the timings?
Don't see this on cnbc website?

Most Viewed