Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 00:30   #1906
Senior - BHPian

And they pick out the least beautiful female as the winner of the Miss Bollywood contest. This closing show is turning out to be a joke. Only our Bollywood divas can save it now.

Hope Kat has been granted permission to perform by VJM - RCB lost you see

WT... - Kat dancing on Jai Ho ? NOOOO

I thought only the members of the INC had the rights to dance on this tune.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th May 2009 at 00:34.
Old 25th May 2009, 00:36   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully I've switched off the TV after seeing Akon make a fool of himself. Three times the song plays then he starts lip sync.

And boy did the SA President bore us or what?
Old 25th May 2009, 00:36   #1908
Senior - BHPian

The turning point was Dravid's dismissal, had he not tried that stupidest of the stupid shot and hang around there for just some more time, we still would've had a chance. But DC played really well, specially fielding was great. They restricted free flow of runs in the initial six overs (and after that also). And after that they kept the pressure on with wickets on crucial time. I so much was expecting Kumble to be awarded MoM today after his bowling performance, that was just amazing to say the least.

And about the closing ceremony, nothing said is better. Such a horrible boring show. Cricket has taken a back seat and fashion show was started on cricket field. I hate this.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 25th May 2009 at 00:39.
Old 25th May 2009, 00:52   #1909
BHPian

... after all this, some guy from 3 decades back has come down to entertain us with a song.GOD!!
Old 25th May 2009, 01:09   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
... after all this, some guy from 3 decades back has come down to entertain us with a song.GOD!!
Come on, SA hosted the series after it had to be moved out. The least we can do is include some of their talent in the closing ceremony. After all the dull affair needs to be shared by all!
Old 25th May 2009, 01:32   #1911
Senior - BHPian

They dont even have enough medals for the runner's up team members leave alone medals for the support staff. The last few team members of RC have just shook hands and left without the medals.
Old 25th May 2009, 02:18   #1912
Senior - BHPian

DC zindabad!!! what a match...
Old 25th May 2009, 02:24   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Well done DC. Team that played better today won. DC bowled well under pressure. RCB had their chance and didn't take it.
its really sad...bangalore is in tears 2nite lol :(. Nothing goes right in this town i guess..but Kumble put in an EXCELLENT performance. I was really hoping bangalore was gonna win 2nite, but there is always next year . But one thing is certain, we arent bottom rung anymore...and we DESTROYED Chennai!
Old 25th May 2009, 11:12   #1914
BHPian

I think the turning point was Taylor's dismissal.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:42   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thankfully I've switched off the TV after seeing Akon make a fool of himself. Three times the song plays then he starts lip sync.

And boy did the SA President bore us or what?
+ 1 to that. they should have done the prize distribution first and then dive into the boring stuff.

the south african president was on a different trip.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:55   #1916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Eddie Grant was good. Who was that other guy in white who was singing along with him ?
Old 25th May 2009, 11:58   #1917
BHPian

DC have done it this time!! Harmeet Singh's performance was outstanding y'day. One more Singh is King

I feel sorry for RCB's, they really put up a good fight but it was too late for them. Exceptional performance by Kumble though.

Maybe the Kat's lady luck didn't click for them for the finals
Old 25th May 2009, 12:59   #1918
BHPian

Really really sad after seeing RCB give-up on the trophy, they held for about 25-30 overs. I didnt understand what Robin was thinking in the last over, agreed RPSingh was fantastic but Robin was trying to hit without seeing the line of the delivery.

Sad, very sad and glad he isnt in the T20 WC team.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:50   #1919
Senior - BHPian

There is no point in blaming Robin for the loss. What about Dravid, Boucher, Kohli & Taylor ? It was a collective failure. CSK's bowling in the semis was very very poor whereas DC bowled very well & RCB kept losing wickets.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:40   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I didnt understand what Robin was thinking in the last over, agreed RPSingh was fantastic but Robin was trying to hit without seeing the line of the delivery.

Sad, very sad and glad he isnt in the T20 WC team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There is no point in blaming Robin for the loss. What about Dravid, Boucher, Kohli & Taylor ? It was a collective failure. CSK's bowling in the semis was very very poor whereas DC bowled very well & RCB kept losing wickets.
I agree with EL here - Robin was like a frozen animal in front of the headlights. Maybe his record in the IPL-2 and everything got to him.

But what superb bowling from Ojha !! I like that guy more everytime I watch him bowl. If only the selectors show some faith in Ramesh Powar over Harbhajan Singh ...sigh!

Nehra was the other standout guy for me the way he bowled through the tournament.

Manish Pandey looks very good while Virat is still the same hyped up underperformer.

Also I really could not understand Dhoni using Balaji at the death - he has a nice slower one but still..

Dhoni was the biggest minus for me amongst all the Indian players. He looked a tired man whether batting or captaining. His vibrant captaincy was no-where to be seen.

Yuvraj and Sachin have proved that they were the worst captains in the tournament. Yuvraj looked angry all the time but he still ranks just above Sachin, who according to me was the worst captain in the tournament. Unimaginative field placings and horrendous batting order changes - he had no clue.

More later.

Most Viewed