Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 20:53   #181
Team-BHP Support

Laxman spent his entire life hitting warnie and now this. T20 is a different ball game after all.
Old 24th April 2008, 21:35   #182
BHPian

Symonds finally comes good with the bat. As I write this, Deccan complete their innings with 214 on the board. Symonds remains not out on 117 off 53 deliveries. 11 hits to the fence and 7 maximums. Followed on Rediff, as the cable is off at the moment. Time for DishTV or TATA Sky, I think.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 24th April 2008 at 21:36.
Old 24th April 2008, 22:16   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Symonds finally comes good with the bat. As I write this, Deccan complete their innings with 214 on the board. Symonds remains not out on 117 off 53 deliveries. 11 hits to the fence and 7 maximums. Followed on Rediff, as the cable is off at the moment. Time for DishTV or TATA Sky, I think.
He is one player who should not be dropped and if you drop his catch, then this is what it happens. But he has played his innings and this is what is symonds is best known for.

Now, Yusuf Pathan is making merry with DC bowling. Already has hit 6 sixes and many more to come. This will be an exiting match now.

Last edited by snaronikar : 24th April 2008 at 22:19.
Old 24th April 2008, 22:16   #184
Senior - BHPian

Yusuf Pathan seems to be on fire now !! 43 runs of 18 *****. Im somehow disappointed that likes of Gilchrist , Afridi and Jayasurya havent fired as expected. I know we are quite early into the IPL but still not all big names have fired till now. Just hope they do soon!
Old 24th April 2008, 23:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Jadeja's gone..
21 to win from 9 deliveries..
Old 24th April 2008, 23:22   #186
Senior - BHPian

Wow Warnie !!

What a match man !! Thrilling to the core.

But I must say - Absolutely rubbish and unimaginative captaincy from Laxman. And what was he doing opening the innings ?
Old 24th April 2008, 23:25   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
But I must say - Absolutely rubbish and unimaginative captaincy from Laxman. And what was he doing opening the innings ?
He simply doesn't fit into the scheme of things T20. Poor fellow had to open coz he simply cant bat anywhere else. He will have to fake an injury and sit out a couple of matches I guess
Old 24th April 2008, 23:51   #188
BANNED

What will happen if the captain himself is amused by T20 format and he himself is trying to figure out 'WHAT TO DO'?
Whats your pick now? A weak team led by a strong captain or a strong team led by weak captain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Absolutely rubbish and unimaginative captaincy from Laxman.
Rightly said. Atleast then DC have some chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
He will have to fake an injury and sit out a couple of matches I guess
I pity Hyderabad crowd - that they to cheer for Symonds & his (pri)mates

NOTE: Gilchrist keeping, Symonds bowling and Warne batting - all Aussie. IPL could be named as APL.

Last edited by diabloo : 25th April 2008 at 00:02.
Old 25th April 2008, 00:02   #189
Senior - BHPian

What entertainment! Thank You Cricketers, thank you Lalit Modi.

Laxman joins Dravid on the clueless captains list. Cannot fathom how they would opt to open the innings chasing 200+ scores. Gibbs/Bangar should ideally be partnering Gilchrist.

Warne is top gun. If not with the ball then with the bat, cant keep him out of the game, ever.
Old 25th April 2008, 00:14   #190
BANNED

Shane Warne must be a proud man today. He is probably the most aggressive cricketer to ever play the game. He lost the Aussie captaincy for his off-field incidents. From nowhere he gets a chance to captain & coach a side. But that side is weak. Nobody gives them a chance. In the end, 17 required of 6. Warne leads them from front, gets 19 from 5 and wins the match.
A very satisfying moment for him.

Note: The joke of the day for me was Afridi having few words with Warne. Because Warne is a master at it. You don't give it back to the master, can you?
Old 25th April 2008, 00:18   #191
BANNED

Just loved the look on Symonds face after Warnie smashed him out of the park ... you could see that Symonds was controlling his monkey instincts of charging at Warnie , he needed all his will power to keep himself in check ..

Loved the way the Jaipur ( underdogs ) showed the Hyderabadi's ( favorites ) that it ain't over till its over and that in in this form of cricket you don't need a star studded batting line up or a lethal bowling attack to win . You just need to believe in yourself and pray that its your day -- I mean when did we see Kaif hit 3 over the rope in one over ????

The best ending to a match in the IPL so far .... !!
Old 25th April 2008, 00:53   #192
BANNED

Guys, check this Cricinfo - Missing in action. Few players are leaving for their national duty.

Hyderabad: Andrew Symonds leaves
Kolkatta: Ricky Ponting, McCullum and Chris Gayle leave but Umar Gul comes in.
Bangalore: Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ashley Noffke leave but Misbah-ul-Haq comes in.
Chennai : Hayden, Hussey and Oram leave but Stephen Fleming, Albie Morkel and Ntini come in.
Delhi: Vettori leaves but AB de Villiers comes in.
Punjab: Brett Lee, Simon Katich and Kyle Mills leave.
Mumbai: Bravo leaves but Loots Bosman comes in.
Rajasthan: Nobody leave but Younis Khan, Sohail Tanveer and Dimitri Mascarenhas come in.
Old 25th April 2008, 00:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

It's all going to show that Deccan Chargers are nothing but Paper Tigers only and this Rajasthan team is emerging out to be true Dark horse of this IPL tourney.
Way to go warnie.
Old 25th April 2008, 01:01   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Guys, check this Cricinfo - Missing in action. Few players are leaving for their national duty.
Leave,as in not play anymore in the IPL tournament?
Old 25th April 2008, 01:05   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Leave,as in not play anymore in the IPL tournament?
That's what it seems, with the Aussies moving out IPL will loose some of it's shine.But what seems like from the list is that Rajasthan Royales will become a strong contender.

Most Viewed