Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 18:16   #2011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1. I have watched only 40% of the matches till now and it is becoming a bit monotonous for me.

I even went to the Stadium to watch the CSK Vs RCB match and left 5 overs before the end.

But the way its raking in money it seems I am an oddity.
IPL is going bananas..seriously . I love it, finally India has a true professional sports league like other countries. I try not to watch the dumb matches (anything involving KKR or KXIP). I think last year in a way it was more exciting cause it was in SA and there were other things like that Miss IPL Bollywood contest .
Old 29th March 2010, 23:01   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Well DD smashed d daylight out of KKR....daredevils all d way
Old 29th March 2010, 23:10   #2013
BHPian

I am pretty impressed today the way Umesh Yadav of DD bowled. Definitely a prospective selectors will keep a note of. Bowls with a lively pace ( frequently touching 135 kmph) and hits the deck hard and the best thing is he bowls yorkers. Definitely India needs a bowler who can bowl good yorkers ..
Old 1st April 2010, 21:21   #2014
BANNED

Guys, I have a spare ticket for the CSK vs Rajasthan Royals match in Chepauk on 03rd April. If somebody is interested then PM me.

BTW the matches are getting really interesting. MI and RCB should definitely make it to the S/F. The rest two spots could be occupied by any other teams apart from Kings' 11.

Cheers.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:59   #2015
BHPian

Although I'm from bangalore, I'm a huge fan of sehwag, primarily because he's a perfect T20 player, he'll either hit or get out, he won't bore you at any point of time, (but that's how he plays in any format) and hence i support DD and they're on a roll!! they're definitly going to the semi's! and the fact that they beat RCB twice made my case stronger in front of all my friends who are all RCB fans!! (this is keeping in mind sehwag hasnt fired completely, once he does, god help the opposition!)
cheers!
Old 5th April 2010, 23:42   #2016
BHPian

Wow! What a match it was between RR and DC. Great final over, just like a bollywood movie, from 157/7 to 157/10. Great bowling and poor batting
Old 6th April 2010, 09:59   #2017
Senior - BHPian

This is unbelievable. Warney has done it. This guy is by far the best spinner the world has seen.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:14   #2018
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is unbelievable. Warney has done it. This guy is by far the best spinner the world has seen.
he is also a better captain than gilly- their rivalry is known esp since warne did not get to captain cause of gilly apparently in the aus squad. He got one back for sure this time around
Old 6th April 2010, 10:55   #2019
Senior - BHPian

What a player Warnie is !!

Playing with cricketers whose name even people here in India have never heard and then turning them into a team and pulling out improbable victories after victories. AWESOME !

And than on top his captaincy on the field is absolutely pro-active and smart and topping it off is his display with the ball - Absolute Class !

He should be the most sought after player when auctions for IPL-4 open - what say ?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:59   #2020
BHPian

Deccan Chargers is the new India. Strong on paper. Specializing in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 8th April 2010, 08:43   #2021
BANNED

I am going to today's fixture of RCB Vs DC with my friends. The match starts at 8pm but ideally when should we be there? and we were thinking about parking the cars in Symphony theater, any better ideas?
Old 8th April 2010, 10:54   #2022
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
The match starts at 8pm but ideally when should we be there? and we were thinking about parking the cars in Symphony theater, any better ideas?
Get there an hour and a half early. Its a carnival in there so you wont mind reaching early. You will probably not get seats later if you are in any of the lower denomination tickets. Enjoy the music and watch the players practise. Good oppurtunities to take pictures too.

Dont take your car, there are buses to every part of bangalore after the match is over.

My suggestion park the car in your office or home as convenoent. Take a rickshaw to get there while getting back take the buses parked right outside the stadium to where you have parked your car.

I will be there too
Old 8th April 2010, 11:36   #2023
BANNED

Quote:
Get there an hour and a half early. Its a carnival in there so you wont mind reaching early. You will probably not get seats later if you are in any of the lower denomination tickets. Enjoy the music and watch the players practise. Good oppurtunities to take pictures too.

Dont take your car, there are buses to every part of bangalore after the match is over.

My suggestion park the car in your office or home as convenoent. Take a rickshaw to get there while getting back take the buses parked right outside the stadium to where you have parked your car.

I will be there too
Yeah @Spitfire, hoping the RCB will come out good today to make up for their recent losses. Actually some of my friends will be cheering for DC so it's going to be fun . But I heard there isn't any food options at the venue which is bad.

You mean BMP buses are available for return at that time? But we are starting from Office directly, so have to take the car and put it somewhere safe.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:10   #2024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
But I heard there isn't any food options at the venue which is bad.
Its a 3 hour party anyways. You can catch your dinner after that. Cold coffee, tea, burgers, tetra pack juices, chips, popcorn are sold by vendors at reasonable rates. Didn't I say its a carnival

Quote:
You mean BMP buses are available for return at that time? But we are starting from Office directly, so have to take the car and put it somewhere safe.
Yes BMTC buses and lots of them. They start from the Cubbon park side that should be gates 10 and above.

Match gets over by around 2300 hours, but the chaos after that and getting your car stuck in the mess is a big headache.

The first time I went I took my car and didnt bother taking it after that. I have attended most of the matches played in Bangalore.

I leave my car in the office parking and take a bus to the stadium and back again the same way.

If its the first time you are going for an IPL you are going to enjoy it.

Last edited by Spitfire : 8th April 2010 at 12:11.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:12   #2025
BANNED

Quote:

Match gets over by around 2300 hours, but the chaos after that and getting your car stuck in the mess is a big headache.

The first time I went I took my car and didnt bother taking it after that. I have attended most of the matches played in Bangalore.
That's why I am thinking of parking it in Symphony theater, wonder if it will still be open at that time? Any other parking which is better, say UB city? Else I would have to put it at home and get there by bus.

Last edited by zaks : 8th April 2010 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks