Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 01:11   #196
BANNED

Also, check this, cheergirls are having trouble: Cheerleaders harassed in leer country- Hindustan Times
Quote:
“It’s been horrendous,” a cheerleader told HT, echoing the point of many when saying the kind of comments they have “had to endure over the last week from the Indian public” had left them “disgusted and disturbed”.
Quote:
“Wherever we go, we do expect people to pass lewd, snide remarks but I’m shocked by the nature and magnitude of the comments people pass here… Be it a 70-year-old oldie or a 15-year-old kid
Quote:
During the Mohali vs Jaipur game in Jaipur, a group of 15 people right behind the cheerleaders didn't know where to look. And this is what one man said, amidst all the catcalling, hooting and pointed Hindi obscenities: “There is Preity Zinta watching, hot goris dancing, and Yuvraj Singh batting, what more do we need?
Old 25th April 2008, 01:15   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
That's what it seems, with the Aussies moving out IPL will loose some of it's shine.But what seems like from the list is that Rajasthan Royales will become a strong contender.
Seems like it. I like the way the Royals are fighting. They don't seem to give up,even when things begin to look a bit bleak.
Old 25th April 2008, 01:18   #198
BANNED

Sneak preview into RedSkins !!! iShare: Videos - Cricket-Cheerleaders, cricket* cheerleaders* ipl* bangalore*
Old 25th April 2008, 01:31   #199
Senior - BHPian

I just hope the Mumbai Indians get their selection right tomorrow. Making Rahane sit out of the team and playing with Dhaval Kulkarni and Khote

I mean when you actually think about it - where did the Mumbai team think tank actually spend the money ? Jayaysurya , Polock, Gayle is fine. (even though Sanath and Pollock have their best days behind them) but Ashwell Prince ? Boosman (atleast I dont know him yet) ? And they couldn't even keep Rohit Sharma with them ?? Not even Agarkar ??

Simply amazing.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th April 2008 at 10:01.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:46   #200
Senior - BHPian

And this morning I wake to news that the Maharashtra Govt has banned cheer leaders from matches in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.

Moral policing is back with a vengeance. Why does the government treat the people like small children ? So Mumbai folks, you cannot handle the cheer leaders without getting worked up while watching them perform but the people from other cities can handle
it.

Great !
Old 25th April 2008, 09:54   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And this morning I wake to news that the Maharashtra Govt has banned cheer leaders from matches in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.

Moral policing is back with a vengeance. Why does the government treat the people like small children ? So Mumbai folks, you cannot handle the cheer leaders without getting worked up while watching them perform but the people from other cities can handle
it.

Great !
I guess its a case of the politicos not having much to discuss in the Mantralaya these days! So rake up a controversy and pose as the guardians of the people of the country. Crap!!!

By the way, Mumbai Indians have very conservatively dressed cheerleaders. Its Bangy, Hyd and Rajasthan Royals who have imports doing the cheerleading job for them.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:55   #202
BHPian

wow!!What a match between DC and RR!
Symond had big smile when he started his last over and it was fun to see his face after Warne had hit him for winning 6er.

Laxman will have to treat it as Davis cup and play as non-paying captain.You could feel his tension when he came to Bishop for post match comments.

Like DC another underachiever team is my favourite King's.I will be cheering for them today for their 1st win.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:58   #203
BHPian

From what we've seen so far in the IPL, its clear than Bhajji, Laxman and Yuvraj and not exactly captaincy material. Dravid too in this form of the game, atleast!

Look at how Shane Warne, Dhoni and even Sehwag have run their respective teams. Not to forget good old "Dada". Its early days but I think Chennai, Mohali and Kolkatta will fight for top honours eventually.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:23   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Like DC another underachiever team is my favourite King's.I will be cheering for them today for their 1st win.
Not to worry doc, I will cheer for them as well. They will win today.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:34   #205
abn

After yesterdays match i became a fan of rajastan royals..its happy to see how warne is leading the team..its a good decision to bring yousaf pathan in top order..

bravo..
Old 25th April 2008, 11:42   #206
Senior - BHPian

Whatte match y'day, when RR needed 17 runs off last over, I was about to off the TV since it was impossible for RR to make it with their bowlers at crease, but thot what the heck, just one over, and boy Warnie got a turbo boost & blasted Symonds off the ground!

Moral: Get a Aussie to neutralize a Aussie!
Old 25th April 2008, 11:55   #207
Senior - BHPian

And it seems Sachin is not giong to play again today according to a report in the papers. Is he actually going to play one match atleast or his he there just for namesake? Hope the Mumbai boys get something right today.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:03   #208
Senior - BHPian

I believe sachin is not bothering much about these games as far as he gets his moolah USD a million+. Desparetly want to see him play in 20-20. Hoping some miracle happens and he will play for Mumbai today.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:10   #209
BANNED

DC owners have 2 options:
1. Make Gilchrist the captain of Deccan Chargers
2. Rename Deccan Chargers as Deccan Dischargers
Need to see which option they will take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Laxman will have to treat it as Davis cup and play as non-paying captain.
If Sachin is not playing, why did Mukesh Ambani pay him million $?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And it seems Sachin is not giong to play again today according to a report in the papers.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:16   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

If Sachin is not playing, why did Mukesh Ambani pay him million $?
How about 'They are long time friends & he felt like giving him a gift.' ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks