re: The IPL Thread - Season V discussions from pg 150

My favorites:

RC Bangalore,MI, Kochi Tuskers

and Hate

CSK and KKR :-))))
Old 6th April 2011, 16:07   #2177
Team-BHP Support

Guys, you want to play a different fantasy game for IPL ? This is an interesting concept.

Fantasy IPL 2011

You can create a team, and join this league to compete amongst ourselves

League: The_IPL_Fight
Pwd: 1234
Old 6th April 2011, 16:38   #2178
Senior - BHPian

IMO its very difficult to guess who would win IPL4, what with 2 more additions to the teams and rehaul of players in almost all the teams post the auctions.

So i voted based on my wish - MI.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:13   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Kochi lost a match where they were competing nicely due to their 2 fast bowlers and their wide ways. RCB has some serious fire power in batting and in bowling too. Look good.

Rajasthan made a dream start with Botha coming good as a batsman. With Watson joining them in a few days, it will intriguing to see how they go about taking on the better teams like MI, RCB..
Old 10th April 2011, 16:37   #2180
Senior - BHPian

I think having IPL so soon after the World cup takes the importance away from the World cup. It's barely a week after India won the 'cup that matters' and now we are back to slam bang cricket.
And to add to the confusion, all the effort put into creating fan loyalty in last 3 years has to be reestablished after reshuffling of players. Building a team takes time. In yesterday's match Kochi captain Mahela Jayawardene who had just landed in the morning had to lead a team he barely knew. It applies to most of the teams actually except CSK.

I want RR to win, because of Warne and Dravid and because they are underdogs again. But I think we might have a new winner in MI or RCB.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 10th April 2011 at 16:40.
Old 11th April 2011, 06:47   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Pune Warriors were impressive yesterday. This guy Mithun Manhas specially. Who is he ? Looks like Yuvi will make the Punjab team pay for his exclusion. I did like the uniform though. Not that much but its different. Can I get it online from somewhere ?
Old 11th April 2011, 08:01   #2182
Senior - BHPian

I think IPL starting sooner is good. The govts across the country would have kept splurging tax players money on guys who are super rich already if the cricketers were not busy
Old 11th April 2011, 09:43   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Why not its a good break from people cursing our players when they suffer a loss. When we can call them names we should also have the heart to see them swim in money and accolades when they acheive something big like a WC win. Best in the world afterall. Ofcourse its my tax money and I pay it at source and I don't mind paying for people who make the country proud.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:06   #2184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This guy Mithun Manhas specially. Who is he ?
He skippers Delhi in the Ranji trophy and has been their most dependable batsman for almost a decade. Played for DD in the earlier seasons.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:50   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
He skippers Delhi in the Ranji trophy and has been their most dependable batsman for almost a decade. Played for DD in the earlier seasons.
Pity he hasn't got a break in the national team. 10 years is good time.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:04   #2186
BHPian

Others might have a different opinions but I m truly amazed to see the pace the INDIAN bowlers are generating. Ashok Dinda clocked 147 yesterday, Umesh Yadav bettered it. There were talks of Varun Aaron who clocked 153.XX during the Vijay Hazare trophy.. though he was not considered in DD XI the other night. Srikant Wagh bagged the MOM yesterday ( did not watch with what pace he bowled). These are good sights for a pace starving nation.

IPL is truly a great platform for these guys. I dont support any sides in particular but I rejoice when I see these lesser known Indian guys perform and the happiness is doubled when the performer is a bowler.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:25   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Others might have a different opinions but I m truly amazed to see the pace the INDIAN bowlers are generating. Ashok Dinda clocked 147 yesterday, Umesh Yadav bettered it. There were talks of Varun Aaron who clocked 153.XX during the Vijay Hazare trophy.. though he was not considered in DD XI the other night. Srikant Wagh bagged the MOM yesterday ( did not watch with what pace he bowled). These are good sights for a pace starving nation.

IPL is truly a great platform for these guys. I dont support any sides in particular but I rejoice when I see these lesser known Indian guys perform and the happiness is doubled when the performer is a bowler.
Dinda clocked 147 ? Wow ! And yadav bettered it ? Amazing !!

I am also waiting to see Aaron bowl - want to see what the hype is !

I saw Wagh bowl and he is a Ranji bowler at the max- he got 3 wickets but that was all because the batsmen were in harakiri mode.
btw - can you guys keep a secret ?

If you want to know the secret of how the pace drops of our fast bowlers - it is Wasim Akram. examples - Irfan pathan and Ishant Sharma.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:54   #2188
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Why have the owners invested so much money on Irfan Pathan ? He should preferably be opening the bowling as that's the only time he can be effective as sometimes he swings the ball & he should bat higher up the batting order !
And talking of bowling speeds , i'm not sure whether Dinda touched those speeds but i do remember Nehra ( yes Ashish Nehra) touching 149 km/hr in SA during the 2003 WC . I think that was the fastest ball bowled by an Indian if my memory serves me right.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:27   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Based on the matches so far.Here is my observation

1)Strongest contenders : Mumbai Indians & Chennai Super Kings
2) The Underdogs : Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Pune Warriors India & Rajasthan Royals.
3) Wasted : Delhi Daredevils, Royal Challengers Bangalore & Kings XI Punjab

I rate Deccan Chargers & kolkata Knight riders as team who can provide some entertainment but there is no way they will win the IPL. Coming in top four is a possibility though.

I want Mumbai Indians to win this time.They have been unlucky all the last 3 seasons, despite being a strong side.
I like the enthusiasm and competitiveness of KTK, they have potential. PWI has a good start and Yuvi has a point to prove. RCB looks clueless as of now. KKR has some good player with them but not a complete team.

But now as SL cricket board has recalled all their players to prepare for their upcoming England tour wonder how MI will fare without Malinga. That's a loss.
I think with Mahela gone now, there is no leadership with KTK, they should have bid for Ganguly. Let's see how things shape up.

EDIT: weren't you guys surprised to see Laxman play like he did? I wish all these senior players can redeem themselves.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 13th April 2011 at 14:29.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:56   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I want Mumbai Indians to win this time.
Don't worry sir, every team will win when their turn comes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks