Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 09:54   #2686
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I too looking for the same. The latest i know is, tickets will be available at The Mobile Store in 3 branches Marthahalli CMH Road and Indiranagar. They have only 2250 and 2500 rs ticket.

At the stadium they give only 1 ticket per head. Not sure of cost and not sure of availability.
I will never ever queue up to pick up tickets for any limited over game at the Chinnaswamy after the India England ticket fiasco. Test Matches - Maybe yes. People, Police and the Administration absolutely loses it.

Try getting it online. Saves you the hassle.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:07   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Try getting it online. Saves you the hassle.
I think the online quota is sold out. Hence the query.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:41   #2688
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
The latest i know is, tickets will be available at The Mobile Store in 3 branches Marthahalli CMH Road and Indiranagar. They have only 2250 and 2500 rs ticket.

At the stadium they give only 1 ticket per head. Not sure of cost and not sure of availability.
Tried at the Sbarro pizza outlet yesterday and the only tickets they had was of 2250 which is sold out. Stadium may have 825 and 1650 but need to find when they issue them.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:44   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I think the online quota is sold out. Hence the query.
I have not checked but if that is indeed the case, then it is even easier to decide! Is the experience of watching the game better than the ignominy of possible abuses, jostling and high handedness. If yes, please try you luck at the ground, they sell tickets a day or two before the game.

I live very close by the stadium and there is absolutely no chance of me queuing up for a ticket. And I do not give a damn even if the best of the best are playing.
Old 26th May 2014, 00:07   #2690
PPS
Senior - BHPian

That was one hell of a match today! All thanks to the Royals complacency earlier on in the tournament. Never thought i would see a day when Dravid would throw his cap off out of sheer frustration.
Old 26th May 2014, 00:19   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
That was one hell of a match today! All thanks to the Royals complacency earlier on in the tournament. Never thought i would see a day when Dravid would throw his cap off out of sheer frustration.
True that. He was so damn angry. Hats off to MI for pulling out an impossible win
Old 26th May 2014, 09:00   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Had lost all the hopes of MI making to the playoff due to their poor performance in the league matches but yesterday's match reinstated the faith in them. Just hope that the fireworks wasnt one match thing coz they take on CSK in the playoff and thats where the true grit is measured. Hope they dont get complacent although they are the weakest amongst the last four teams.

Hats off to Anderson for firing the canons at the moment when reqd the most.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:19   #2693
BHPian

The last 2 games have been exciting or what?

SRH simply caved in (as expected) against the first sign of good hitting and handing over the 2nd spot to KKR.

RR have themselves to blame. The way they have been playing of late, was ridiculous. And the experimentation has cost them a spot in the playoffs! Absolutely ridiculous. Watson lost it completely under pressure.
Though the worst scene of it all was Tare jeering off Watson.

MI are however well placed that their match is at the Wankhede, where they seemingly play well. Still feel though, KKR look the most well equipped team of all.

Will be interesting now.
Old 26th May 2014, 13:27   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Surprised that no one is seeing anything fishy in yesterday's match between RR & MI where everything right from the toss (where no one called heads or tails except the referee) was looking like scripted.
Faulkner bowling leg-side full tosses one after other which any mediocre batsman can glide for six (or even better, will result in wide even if batsman fails to hit them).

After witnessing "glorious uncertainty of T20 cricket mixed with IPL" at its best in yesterday's match, I have decided never to watch IPL for my own good, its become too insulting to my love for cricket.
Old 26th May 2014, 13:38   #2695
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
MI are however well placed that their match is at the Wankhede, where they seemingly play well. Still feel though, KKR look the most well equipped team of all.
I guess the match is at Brabourne stadium & not Wankhede for some strange reason! Both teams will be at a disadvantage as no matches have been played there this season.
KKR do look well placed to lift the trophy. MI have had a winning streak in India while CSK have lost a couple of games recently.
I feel absence of Malinga is a huge blow to MI.
Old 26th May 2014, 14:10   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Regarding MI vs RR, the toss decided the match. Didn't hear anyone call the toss but MI won it !

Regarding RCB performance, I was wondering if Mr. Mallya has the same kind of people around him in his business too
Old 26th May 2014, 14:34   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Regarding RCB performance, I was wondering if Mr. Mallya has the same kind of people around him in his business too
RCB simply did not click as a team. Still believe they had an amazing side. Needed to play fearless cricket but when you fail quite often, this is what happens.

@ PPS
Oh Malinga is a big blow. However good to see Bumrah coming good. He bowls at in an awkward area and if he gets it right, its really hard to get after him.
Hopefully Baz would return for the playoffs and CSK would keep it going. They are a good team when it comes to crunch games.

My favorite two teams are KXIP and CSK and either of them win it, I am happy. Probably KXIP deserve it the most.

It would be shattering to see either KKR or MI win it. I just cannot tolerate the smirk of the owners of MI. Mrs. Ambani and her son, practically sit in the dugout, while I absolutely loathe Gambhir as to how that fellow reacts. Should have seen him throwing the bat and shouting obscenities in one of the games. What an example to set up for the kids?

A lot of people hate CSK, but of all the teams - ever - they are the most dignified of the lot. Maybe it is the MSD influence but that's how cricket should be played. KXIP on the other hand have played like T20 should be played, enjoyed themselves and gave the fans a lot of happiness.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 26th May 2014 at 14:38.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:37   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post

Surprised that no one is seeing anything fishy in yesterday's match between RR & MI where everything right from the toss (where no one called heads or tails except the referee) was looking like scripted.
Faulkner bowling leg-side full tosses one after other which any mediocre batsman can glide for six (or even better, will result in wide even if batsman fails to hit them).

After witnessing "glorious uncertainty of T20 cricket mixed with IPL" at its best in yesterday's match, I have decided never to watch IPL for my own good, its become too insulting to my love for cricket.
To encourage the detective inside you, You should also have a look into these :

1. India losing final in Sarjah : Chetan Sharma bowling a full toss
2. South Africa vs. Australia : Donald getting run out from nowhere
3. India Vs Pak Final Dhaka: Hrishikesh Kanitkar hitting a boundary on leg side to the best spinner in the world ( at that time).
4. Ind Vs Australia Tied Test: Maninder Singh getting out to a joker
5. 2007 W20 Final: Misbah giving a dolly catch

Guys, let us not spread the virus to ruin the charm of a gem of a match. If this match is fixed, then scrap Oscars and give it to all 22 players + Rahul Dravid. If you try to find something always wrong then T20 matches are not for you, these are meant to be close finishes. I play 10 over matches every weekend on my backyard with friends and 95% of the times we have last over finishes and we do not fix matches
Old 27th May 2014, 13:56   #2699
BHPian

Can anyone let me know where I can get tickets for the finals at Bangalore? I beleive they are not available online.
Old 27th May 2014, 13:59   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Few observations:
1. Sharjah : Javed Miandad also came down the track to hit the six, so he helped the delivery become full toss. (Intent to hit was present) But again no one can be sure about Sharjah matches otherwise why a long term ban on Sharjah matches.
2. 1999 WCSF : Donald was almost run out on previous ball too and if one looks carefully, three Australian players were involved and Doanld was run out in second or third attempt. (Intent to take a run by Klusener and Intent to run him out by Aussies was present) This match is as genuine as possible but if someone has to doubt it, I think 434-438 match will provide more material for thought than this SF.
3. Dhaka Final : If anyone remembers correctly, this was best of three finals and Indian team was in supreme form (especially Tendulkar after resigning from captaincy). It was well decided that three finals will be played even though in all the best of three finals, it is mentioned that third final shall be played only (if required) but what was "special" (read fishy) was that it was decided well in advance that India and Pakistan will make it to the third final. One can chose to ignore all this but there was huge debate on TV channels as to how everyone is confident of that third final to be played. First final was attended by Indian PM and won by India after chasing 213 in 37.2 overs. Second final was attended by Pakistan PM and unsurprisingly Pak won by chasing 190 in 31.3 overs. Surprising factor is that Indian form dropped so badly that they were all out for 189 in 49.5 overs while two days ago they made 213 for 2 in 37.2 overs.
It is a well known fact that may be those matches were fixed or not but it was well known fact that the result will be decided by third final was well fixed in advance. (Maybe to help BCB earn revenue as there was rarely international cricket played in Bangladesh at that time). Not to mention third final was played and attended by Bangladesh PM.
Coming to that shot, the match was played in near darkness, remember Azhar and other batsman (maybe Ganguly) refused to go out and stayed on the pitch even though entire pak team and umpires were out discussing the condition of the lights for good 10-15 mins (stadium flood lights were not powerful at that time). So when Kanitkar hit that shot, it is quite possible that the fielder would have seen the ball late and failed to field it, at the same time we can't be sure about Ind-Pak matches.

I am mentioning again that had Faulkner bowled any delivery other that Leg-side full toss, I would've accepted that but as I mentioned again, the "advantage" of that delivery is that even if a batsman misses, its a sure shot wide or even better 5 wides if keeper misses it too. He did it twice in four balls. Also interesting to note that the batsmen had to do absolutely nothing special to send such ball for six.
What would be anyone's opinion on
a) Is there absolutely NO difference between a bowler bowling No-ball by few inches to bowler bowling No-ball by more than a foot. (Remember winning shot by Ravindra Jadeja in last IPL where Vinay Kumar overstepped by more that one foot, sincerely requesting to watch the clip) same match where Dhoni famously tweeted that if Sir Jadeja needs 2 runs to win off one ball, he does it with one ball to spare. No balls (More than a foot are quite a norm in IPL while they are a rarity in international cricket all these years).
b) Did anyone actually hear any of the captain calling at the toss as I totally missed it.
c) Are there people who believe IPL is 100% genuine, if yes than I am really a detective and if not, then such fans are what, lawyers.
I fully agree with this statement:
"If this match is fixed, then scrap Oscars and give it to all 22 players + Rahul Dravid".
One parallel comparison can be drawn that, it has been happening since old ages that one or two gentleman are used as a mask to cover all the sins, be it Bheeshma in Mahabharata, Dr, Manmohan Singh in UPA, Dhoni in CSK and n number of examples can be given. It it really dangerous to believe that mere presence of Dravid will make all RR players and team owners saints, while this is a known fact as to what kind of activities the owners are involved since long time. Also remember that what happen afterwards in Mahabharata, UPA-II, Dhoni is a well known fact.
I am reiterating again that all these "glorious uncertainties, or rather certainties" are too much to handle for me and my cricket related intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
To encourage the detective inside you, You should also have a look into these :

1. India losing final in Sarjah : Chetan Sharma bowling a full toss
2. South Africa vs. Australia : Donald getting run out from nowhere
3. India Vs Pak Final Dhaka: Hrishikesh Kanitkar hitting a boundary on leg side to the best spinner in the world ( at that time).
4. Ind Vs Australia Tied Test: Maninder Singh getting out to a joker
5. 2007 W20 Final: Misbah giving a dolly catch

Guys, let us not spread the virus to ruin the charm of a gem of a match. If this match is fixed, then scrap Oscars and give it to all 22 players + Rahul Dravid. If you try to find something always wrong then T20 matches are not for you, these are meant to be close finishes. I play 10 over matches every weekend on my backyard with friends and 95% of the times we have last over finishes and we do not fix matches

Last edited by carwatcher : 27th May 2014 at 14:06.

Most Viewed