Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 21:54   #2791
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
10-min counter (top-left).

Here is the screenshot of IPL being casted flawlessly.
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-20180410_214914.jpg  

Old 10th April 2018, 22:39   #2792
Distinguished - BHPian

Unbelievable innings from another West Indian this time tearing into the West Indian who had played an unbelievable innings couple of days ago.
Watson up to it but he's gone..80-1 in 7 overs. Nice match in store.
Old 11th April 2018, 10:01   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Here is the screenshot of IPL being casted flawlessly.
No time limit, but needs premium subscription. Have opted for the 1 week trial on my Apple TV.

Any other alternatives for no delay streaming?
Old 11th April 2018, 10:15   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Yes. It is FREE.
IPL is under the Hotstar premium subscription. All live shows are tagged as Premium (IPL, Formula 1, Premier League et.al). Can post a screen capture from today evening if interested.

If you have an Android TV, there is a TV app for Hotstar.
Old 11th April 2018, 11:27   #2795
PPS
Senior - BHPian

As soon as Vinay Kumar was given the last over , pretty much knew the outcome of the game! He maybe experienced but he's been very expensive, its time KKR pick the U-19 pacers in the coming games.
That overthrow by Dinesh Karthik early in the innings proved costly in the end!
Old 11th April 2018, 11:30   #2796
Team-BHP Support

KKR have the best U-19 bowlers - Nagarkoti & Mavi and the best U-19 bat - Shubhman Kohli and still play Vinay Kumar and Rinku Singh. Strange tactics.
Old 11th April 2018, 13:49   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
the best U-19 bat - Shubhman Kohli
I guess you meant Subhman Gill

True that. Everybody says IPL is a stage for young Indian players to play with pros and learn things for a bright future. Although they do learn a few things being together in the team, nothing like match experience. They should've been there playing
Old 11th April 2018, 14:07   #2798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I guess you meant Subhman Gill

True that. Everybody says IPL is a stage for young Indian players to play with pros and learn things for a bright future. Although they do learn a few things being together in the team, nothing like match experience. They should've been there playing
Haha, yes. I was thinking while typing that this guy Shubhman bats exactly like Kohli. The bottom handed shots are identical. Just like Sehwag batted like Sachin when he started.
Old 11th April 2018, 17:28   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63714056.cms
Chennai matches likely to be shifted out of chennai owing to Kaveri issues. Quoting form the above link, there are 4 options for CSK.
Quote:
According to sources, BCCI has given Chennai Super Kings four choices - Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vizag and Hyderabad as the probable venues for the rest of the seven home games.
I feel they should do it in Ranchi-Dhoni's home-ground
Old 11th April 2018, 17:54   #2800
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Chennai matches likely to be shifted out of chennai owing to Kaveri issues.
Really do feel for the fans out there in Chennai. They've been waiting all along for CSK to make a comeback & now this.
Btw, all those empty stands at Chepauk due to dispute in the last so many years is an eyesore!
Old 12th April 2018, 03:21   #2801
BHPian

Sad to see cricket lose today. But a good decision taking into consideration the lives of the cricketers and the spectators. Not to mention the overstretched police force. In India, a common man is a really soft target. Be it for milking tax or to suffer due to government's knee-jerk policy changes and price rise. Wherever CSK play, my support will be for them. OT but let's see if the so called 'protesters' ask for a ban on showing any movies in Tamil Nadu and shut down the theatres all over Tamil Nadu indefinitely until their demands are met.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 12th April 2018 at 03:31.
Old 12th April 2018, 05:37   #2802
BHPian

The IPL has become a soft target for anything and everything in India. I cannot believe that our Police stated their inability to provide security for this! I mean we have elections in India that too on a scale that is unprecedented. This is just an IPL match.

Absolutely ridiculous! One has to believe they must be under pressure from the Govt to do so. For its part the Govt of the day placates people like this in trying to prove their 'action'.

Its just so unfair for the local CSK fan, who have longed for this for such a long time. Its bad for CSK as well, losing their home support. You just cannot replicate the atmosphere in Pune. They might as well have done this in Ranchi, MSD's home ground.

The CSK games have been the best so far, all come from behind victories where really no one expected them to, beating two of the stronger teams out there. With David Willey joining them; they should be a stronger team. The other matches have really been a snooze fest.

Just a comment on Pant - forget his batting, for all the 'fans and experts' asking for him to replace MSD; what's up with that flab? I mean the guy is 20! Same goes for Sarfaraz (RCB). I hope someone has a word with the guy.

Quote:
KKR have the best U-19 bowlers - Nagarkoti & Mavi and the best U-19 bat - Shubhman Kohli and still play Vinay Kumar and Rinku Singh. Strange tactics.
You don't want to put them in such games really, a bad game could set them back, very badly. I think they would play the next game at home for sure.

Vinay Kumar is not a bad bowler, but not a great one when it comes at death. I feel bad for him. The moment you don't land your first ball, anyone is in trouble. Remember Stokes bowling length balls after length balls in the WC T20 Finals?

Last edited by ampere : 12th April 2018 at 06:45. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 13th April 2018, 00:12   #2803
Team-BHP Support

Felt a little bad seeing Irfan Pathan in the studios today. How I wish he had not lost his mojo as a bowler, in trying to be a batsman. That hat-trick against Pakistan... alas....
Old 13th April 2018, 08:59   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

What a nail-biter was yesterday's encounter. Good entertainment.
But that apart, SRH batting was a disappointment for me. 6 RPO required and every batsman were trying for a glory shot and hit for 6
Mumbai got a chance just because of this.
Old 13th April 2018, 11:48   #2805
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Felt a little bad seeing Irfan Pathan in the studios today. How I wish he had not lost his mojo as a bowler,
From what i recollect him saying, he took advice/guidance from too many people & that left him confused. He lost his swing which was his USP & then was pretty much out of the reckoning for several years.

Coming back to yesterday's game, Mumbai Indians looked hopelessly out of the game at one stage, credit to them for making a match out of it. Atleast the net run rate doesn't take a huge hit!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks