Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2021, 07:28   #3316
KPR
BANNED

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
And they win. Yay!!!

At the end became pretty one sided but Iyer and Ruturaj have made their presence felt. Pretty level headed folks at such young age. And Iyer’s all rounder skills actually can prove valuable in future for Indian team which still misses a proper fast bowling all rounder.
With such prime form it is a shame that Iyer and Gaikwad aren't part of Indian side for World Cup. Both look like all format material for India.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 08:18   #3317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
With such prime form it is a shame that Iyer and Gaikwad aren't part of Indian side for World Cup. Both look like all format material for India.
With Sharma and Rahul we have established openers, Rahul has been great too, plus he can keep and pant struggling for form, we can play an extra batter. I would have instead looked at Iyer to replace Pandya, he is woefully out of form and is not going to bowl too, both can be done by Iyer.
Old 16th October 2021, 10:20   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Dad's Army wins At the onset of the season, the team was ridiculed for having so many aged players and it is nice to see them win the cup.

Wonder what the team will be like for the next season.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th October 2021 at 14:44. Reason: minor typo corrected. thanks.
Old 16th October 2021, 11:20   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Dad's Army wins At the onset of the season, the team was ridiculed for having so many aged players and it is nice to seem them win the cup.

Wonder what the team will be like for the next season.
Well if we look deep it's actually the youngsters who made the difference. Gaikwad made most runs and gave them good starts in most matches. Thakur picked crucial wickets with a very good economy. Raina and Dhoni were complete flop with bat and Raina was eventually dropped. Duplesis not picked by SA selectors is a mystery to me. He has so much experience and in such good touch. Jaddu did his part and should be retained, Utthapa came out of nowhere to make great contribution in last 2 games. Rayadu started well and then lost form in later stage.

Dhoni with bat doesn't work but Dhoni as CSK captain is as brilliant as ever. His tactical mind is a marvel and BCCI should keep him always in loop with Indian team in whatever role possible.

Next year everything will change with mega auction and most teams will have a new look. Would be fun.
Old 16th October 2021, 11:48   #3320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Unpopular opinion but Kohli the non-captain in RCB will not be very beneficial to the team. It might just create a new power center in the team, if an Indian player is made captain.
If Kohli goes through a lean patch, will the captain be willing to drop him?
Even more unpopular opinion, drop both kohli and ABD, not only are they both too expensive, but off late RCB had become more about ABD and Kohli, this season though it changed a bit with Maxwell stepping up and Devdutt doing well in first half.

Kohli the captain was utter crap and off late his batting form has gone bonkers. RCB is better off recovering that money and buy better utility players. I would personally retain Chahal, Siraj and devdutt from current lot.
Old 16th October 2021, 12:09   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Dad's Army wins At the onset of the season, the team was ridiculed for having so many aged players and it is nice to seem them win the cup.
Shame on me too ; Back in Feb/Mar when the Covid vaccine was available only for 45+, I kept joking that only CSK players are eligible to be vaccinated .

Kudos to the truly champion team

Last edited by DigitalOne : 16th October 2021 at 12:10.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 13:25   #3322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Even more unpopular opinion, drop both kohli and ABD, not only are they both too expensive, but off late RCB had become more about ABD and Kohli, this season though it changed a bit with Maxwell stepping up and Devdutt doing well in first half.

Kohli the captain was utter crap and off late his batting form has gone bonkers. RCB is better off recovering that money and buy better utility players. I would personally retain Chahal, Siraj and devdutt from current lot.
Not gonna happen. Kohli is the biggest brand in Indian cricket. The revenue he generates for RCB must be huge. In the end RCB owners are happy if they make good profit even if trophy isn't their end of season. ABD enjoys the same popularity and he won't be dropped but can retire if he wishes to. Ideally RCB should buy KL Rahul or David Warner ( had a tough season with SRH but he is an IPL legend). They both can open with DDP and Kohli can bat at 3 where he originally should as he is no opener.

Kohli, Maxwell and DDP will be my retainees. Siraj and chahal they can try to buy back in auction.
Old 16th October 2021, 13:30   #3323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Not gonna happen. Kohli is the biggest brand in Indian cricket. The revenue he generates for RCB must be huge. In the end RCB owners are happy if they make good profit even if trophy isn't their end of season. ABD enjoys the same popularity and he won't be dropped but can retire if he wishes to. Ideally RCB should buy KL Rahul or David Warner ( had a tough season with SRH but he is an IPL legend). They both can open with DDP and Kohli can bat at 3 where he originally should as he is no opener.

Kohli, Maxwell and DDP will be my retainees. Siraj and chahal they can try to buy back in auction.
No way punjab is releasing KL Rahul, and ya RCB won't release Kohli also and we will keep losing, he is the only constant in RCB since IPL started and the only other constant is no trophy yet

Then again you are right it's money first for owners. If they retain Maxwell and Kohli both, there goes around 40% of purse money on two players.
Old 16th October 2021, 14:44   #3324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
No way punjab is releasing KL Rahul, and ya RCB won't release Kohli also and we will keep losing, he is the only constant in RCB since IPL started and the only other constant is no trophy yet

Then again you are right it's money first for owners. If they retain Maxwell and Kohli both, there goes around 40% of purse money on two players.
Punjab has no choice. It's upto the player if he wants to be retained and KL has expressed he doesn't. That's another thing if Punjab throws 20Cr at him and he stays cos of money. Or Punjab can retain Mayank and make him Captain. Most people often miss how valuable Mayank has been for Punjab.

If Hesson stays Maxwell will be retained, Kohli is getting retained anyways. So, ya a big chunk of purse money is gone for sure.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 18:25   #3325
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Where was Venkatesh Iyer in the 1st half of IPL? How can one expect him to be included in a WC Squad no less just on the basis of half a good tournament!? He can be tried later on in the NZ series. He's been added to the Indian T20WC Squad as a net bowler when he's primarily an opening batsman!
Old 16th October 2021, 18:47   #3326
BHPian

My IPL 2021 XI

R Gaikwad
V Iyer
Faf du Plessis
KL Rahul (C & WK)
G Maxwell
S Narine
R Jadeja
S Thakur
H Patel
J Hazelwood
M Shami
12th Man: S Hetmyer / Y Chahal
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-screenshot_20211016183716_twitter.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 19:05   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My IPL 2021 XI
My team would be the same except I would choose Pant instead of Shami. Shami wasn't incredible this season + 7 bowling options are not required and it makes the batting too weak.
Old 16th October 2021, 20:17   #3328
Senior - BHPian

I’m suddenly having plenty of time in the evenings. I’m trying hard to remember what I was doing between 7.30-11.00 pm prior to the IPL.

I’m hoping the warm up matches begin soon and the World Cup is anyways just around as well.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:25   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My IPL 2021 XI
Venkatesh Iyer
KL Rahul (C)
Ruturaj Gaikwad
Faf du Plessis
Glen Maxwell
Rishabh Pant (WK)
Sunil Narine
Shardul Thakur
Harshal Patel
Jasprit Bumrah
Avesh Khan

12th Man: Rashid Khan/Ravindra Jadeja
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 19:24   #3330
Senior - BHPian

India’s first sports unicorn - CSK looks set to become India's first sports unicorn - May even overtake parent company India Cements' m-cap

Quote:
Chennai Super Kings is the only sports team in India to have its shares exchanging hands in the grey market. On Monday, CSK’s shares were trading at Rs 135 each, with its m-cap at Rs 4,200 crore after Friday’s win as compared to Rs 2,465 crore in April 2021, the report added.

Its parent company India Cement’s stocks were trading at Rs 214.40 per share on the BSE with an m-cap of around Rs 6,644.20 crore.
Quote:
Srinivasan gives the credit of the team’s success to captain MS Dhoni, who is also India Cements’ Vice-President. He said, “Despite its 75-year history, I believe India Cements is today better known for CSK. India Cements is a great brand. But CSK outperformed it in a flash, and we can credit only one person for that: our captain MS Dhoni.”
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks