Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 14:39   #3361
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
What are the celebrity kids doing on the KKR table? The cameras keep focusing them every once a while. You can see all three kids sitting there full of nervousness and trying to understand what’s going on around them. Given a choice, they’ll scoot out from the room.
To be honest, KKR is a decent team but I am disappointed to see that Superstar's son at the auction table.

A person who's out on bail from a drug related case not in distant past being part of a group choosing players is such a bad optics! Clearly money is more important than many other important things in public life!
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 22:50   #3362
BHPian

Since childhood when I use to watch cricket like crazy, my parents use to comment 'They are earning but aint giving anything to people like you who watch them day & night'

Today I feel for myself Some insane money been pumped into the game
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 00:08   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Best moment of the auction was when Nehra ji bid for Arjun Tendulkar and Aakash Ambani gave him a stare like - why bro?
That was absolutely brilliant trolling by Nehra and had everyone in splits
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:43   #3364
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the celebrity kids doing on the KKR table?
You need owner representation at the table I believe. The kids were clueless & clearly had very little to contribute towards the player auctions!
Old 14th February 2022, 13:42   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Best moment of the auction was when Nehra ji bid for Arjun Tendulkar and Aakash Ambani gave him a stare like - why bro?
Yup I saw that too. Cost the Mumbai franchise an extra 10L
Old 14th February 2022, 14:27   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That was absolutely brilliant trolling by Nehra and had everyone in splits
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Why was that bid made? AT didn't play a single game last year and with the MI team filled with stars, I doubt if he'll get any game this year either.
Old 14th February 2022, 15:32   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Why was that bid made?
For T in AT for free publicity.
Old 14th February 2022, 21:17   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the celebrity kids doing on the KKR table?
At least now those kids are put to use in some productive activity .

Haven't checked other teams. But RCB's selections were attrocious. The joke is RCB squad needs to be googled to figure who they are. If Kohli stays out of form, then Maxwell is the only saving grace in batting. Faf & Karthik are past their primes. 10C for Hasaranga , to who RCB gave just 2 games last season.

The squad: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammed Siraj, Faf du Plessis, Dinesh Karthik, Anuj Rawat, Finn Allen, Akash Deep, Josh Hazlewood, Jason Behrendorff, Chama Milind, Karn Sharma, Harshal Patel, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shahbaz Ahmed, Mahipal Lomror, Sherfane Rutherford, Suyash Prabhudesai, Aneeshwar Gautam, David Willey, Luvnith Sisodia, Siddharth Kaul

Last edited by msdivy : 14th February 2022 at 21:18.
Old 14th February 2022, 23:15   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Chump change for them. Ambani will never let a Tendulkar go anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Why was that bid made? AT didn't play a single game last year and with the MI team filled with stars, I doubt if he'll get any game this year either.
I believe it's cos of Ambani and Sachin friendship. They are quite close and Sachin would have asked them to take Arjun under their wing and mould him as someone good. Just like they did with Bumrah. MI are quite good in finding and making players. Even all owners know this and that bid by Nehra was obviously trolling as everyone was laughing and no one made any other attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
At least now those kids are put to use in some productive activity .

Haven't checked other teams. But RCB's selections were attrocious. The joke is RCB squad needs to be googled to figure who they are. If Kohli stays out of form, then Maxwell is the only saving grace in batting. Faf & Karthik are past their primes. 10C for Hasaranga , to who RCB gave just 2 games last season.

The squad: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammed Siraj, Faf du Plessis, Dinesh Karthik, Anuj Rawat, Finn Allen, Akash Deep, Josh Hazlewood, Jason Behrendorff, Chama Milind, Karn Sharma, Harshal Patel, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shahbaz Ahmed, Mahipal Lomror, Sherfane Rutherford, Suyash Prabhudesai, Aneeshwar Gautam, David Willey, Luvnith Sisodia, Siddharth Kaul
On paper RCB has the worst squad i believe. Atrocious planning and execution. Hessen was considered a genius but he is just not upto it. Faf is in brilliant form in PSL and just made a 100 in 50 balls so he is a good buy and i am sure he will be the Captain as well. Kohli isn't in right headspace and if he flops they will be at bottom for sure.

Btw, everyone was making fun of CSK but when I see there First 11 it's excellent with batting till 10 and abundance of bowling.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 14:02   #3370
Team-BHP Support

It was an interesting two days at the auction. On paper, I think each team is weaker than before, except Punjab.

This, IMO, signifies that maybe IPL is not ready for 10 teams. And a pool of 70 main+50 backup Indian players is too big to be filled with known talent. It is now a game of who picked better lesser-known players and form of key players.
Old 16th February 2022, 14:25   #3371
BHPian

I think this should be the last auction and from here on, the teams should be allowed to trade players, if agreed between the teams.

No point developing a camaraderie between players only to see them lose out in subsequent auctions.
Old 16th February 2022, 15:15   #3372
Team-BHP Support

This will be the last mega option. But smaller auctions will (and should) continue as and when new players want to enter the fray.

The beauty of IPL is that all teams are limited to the same purse, and hence money does not buy you championships like in soccer (Real Madrid). That has ensured a fair amount of competitiveness among all franchises and definitely has to continue.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 17:00   #3373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In a new format for the IPL, starting with the 2022 edition, the 10 teams have been given seedings based on the number of times they have won the IPL or made the finals and, accordingly, been divided into two "virtual" groups for the league phase. Group A will be led by five-time champions Mumbai Indians, who have got the top seeding overall, while four-time winners Chennai Super Kings, will be on top in Group B with the No. 2 seeding.

The other teams in Group A comprise Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals and Lucknow Super Giants, in that order. Group B features Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings and Gujarat Titans, in that order.

Unveiling the new format on Friday, the IPL said in a media release that the 10 teams will play a total of 14 matches - seven home and seven away - during the league phase that comprises 70 matches. Each team will play five other sides twice, both home and away. These five sides will comprise the four other teams from the same group and one team from the other group from the corresponding row as per the seedings. For example, Mumbai will play the other four teams in Group A - Knight Riders, Royals, Capitals and Super Giants - and Super Kings from Group B two times each.

The other four games for each side will be against the remaining teams from the other group, two only at home and two only away.

The home-and-away formula will not be relevant this season.
New format announced, league matches to happen only in Mumbai and Pune, IPL starts Mar 26 and runs till May 29.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 14:42   #3374
BANNED

Which channel will broadcast the IPL in English?
Star Sports 1 HD or Star Sports Select 1 HD?

And if both, what's the difference between the two?
Old 17th March 2022, 16:49   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Which channel will broadcast the IPL in English?
Star Sports 1 HD or Star Sports Select 1 HD?

And if both, what's the difference between the two?
Both broadcast IPL in English. Star Sports Select has the dugout commentary feed, which gives better and in-depth analysis. Attaching the commentary team list below.
Attached Images

quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks