Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:22   #3481
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

I had to attend a function. When I left home Rahul and Mayers were cruising. Thought it's gonna be easy win for LSG.
Checked in evening and they lost. KL of course is main offender and he takes others as idiots who won't be able to comprehend how selfish he plays with his press conference quotes.

I have been watching cricket since late 1980's. Never seen such a selfish statpadder in my life who plays at the highest level. I kid you not, if someone like this will play in my club team we will send him to Bat after 7-8 wickets are down or won't even play him if we have other 11 players. And here he gets chances after chances. Management of LSG and Indian cricket team don't have the spine to bench him unless he starts playing for the team.

Even someone like Dube with feet planted in cement plays with the Intent to win it for CSK or he knows he will be shown the door. Talent is nothing without execution. You simply can't lose matches for your team for personal glory. Period.

And special mention to Arshdeep. After Zak I believe he is the best left arm pacer we have unearthed. His spell yesterday was too good and loved the broken stumps
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 21:30   #3482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Watching the CSK vs MI match now. Wonder what our ‘old town boy’ Rahane had for supper.
What shots. Glorious timing. Can’t believe it was him hitting like that, a very well deserved 18 ball 50 for him. So glad to see him play like this.
Take a bow Rahane. Super hitting. Clean shots. And a couple of funky ones too. Where were you hiding these abilities thus far! Loved it today. Poor KKR today.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 23rd April 2023 at 21:31.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 10:54   #3483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Take a bow Rahane. Super hitting. Clean shots. And a couple of funky ones too. Where were you hiding these abilities thus far! Loved it today. Poor KKR today.
Le Commentator was raving about how he gets his runs from proper cricketing shots and does not play any funky shots or cute shots.

Couple of balls later he moves and scoops one over the keeper for a six!

As a CSK fan, it was a joy to watch the match yesterday.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:30   #3484
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes. It was quite funny. Actually two things happened during the same commentator (Hayden)

1. He was saying how Dube has been sent to hit and not waste balls and just then -boom, the six happened from Dube
2. Just when he said that ‘jinx’ is a marvel and the shots are pure cricket book shots and nothing funky, just then, boom - a scoop six

A different type of commentator curse I guess

But what a joy watching that period of 20-25 balls. Merciless hitting.

And oh, KKR had no fans yesterday at the Eden. There was just one colour-yellow and just one slogan - ‘ceee yess kaay’.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:35   #3485
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
KL of course is main offender
Even any renowned Sports Psychologist will struggle to decipher what goes on in KL's cluttered brain!

Quote:
Management of LSG and Indian cricket team don't have the spine to bench him unless he starts playing for the team.
IIRC KL has already been benched from the T20s & Tests in the Indian Team. In ODIs he's done okay at no.5!
Old 24th April 2023, 21:30   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Can I have whatever CSK feeds it's players?

Rahane, Uthappa, Vijay, Raina, Rayudu and so many more getting a second life @ CSK.
Old 25th April 2023, 10:26   #3487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can I have whatever CSK feeds it's players?

Rahane, Uthappa, Vijay, Raina, Rayudu and so many more getting a second life @ CSK.
You forgot to mention the first life the bowlers seem to get out there.

Good coach, good captain would be the key points i assume.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:29   #3488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Even any renowned Sports Psychologist will struggle to decipher what goes on in KL's cluttered brain!

IIRC KL has already been benched from the T20s & Tests in the Indian Team. In ODIs he's done okay at no.5!
I am not a betting man but if I was i would bet he would be playing the WTC final and that too as an opener. I have literally zero hopes from selectors and team management to make rational choices.

Anyways, what a bottle job by SRH yesterday. DC was as usual bad with the bat but the bowling and Captaincy by Warner was top class. Ishant resurgence just like Rahane is so heartwarming. Nortje was as usual great at death but special mention to Mukesh Kumar. His backstory is inspiring and his last over was a beauty. I hope he plays red ball for India someday.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:05   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Why is my inshorts news feed full of Kohli antics?! Did not watch the match yesterday, was it really that bad a scene?

Showing shoe and comparing a player to the dust there?

What happened out there?

I really feel that some dudes need to take a chill pill at times and let things be. But with adrenaline and testosterone levels things can go out of hand.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:17   #3490
Team-BHP Support

From whatever I have seen, it was the ever angry idiot Gautam Gambhir who instigated the fight after the handshakes and all. Whatever happened between Kohli and Naveen happened on the field and ended with a no-love-lost handshake but Mr GG had to step in.

Basically, he is still angry that people give credit to MSD for the 2007 and 2011 World Cup victories . On top of that, Kohli answered back with the "shhhhhh" gesture like GG did a few days back in Bangalore.

It is such a pleasure to see GG lose and get riled up! The only time I support him is when he is up against Shahid Afridi.
Eddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:03   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
From whatever I have seen, it was the ever angry idiot Gautam Gambhir who instigated the fight after the handshakes and all. Whatever happened between Kohli and Naveen happened on the field and ended with a no-love-lost handshake but Mr GG had to step in.

Basically, he is still angry that people give credit to MSD for the 2007 and 2011 World Cup victories . On top of that, Kohli answered back with the "shhhhhh" gesture like GG did a few days back in Bangalore.

It is such a pleasure to see GG lose and get riled up! The only time I support him is when he is up against Shahid Afridi.
I second your thoughts, absolutely!!

Not just that, Mr.GG is probably also jealous of the fact that his 'junior teammate' Kohli has been more successful than him and is one of the GOATs of the game.
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:21   #3492
Senior - BHPian

On field heat and rivalry are good to an extent. As long as they begin and end amongst the players and within the playing arena, they provide that extra dose of adrenaline and competitiveness. However, once it spills off field and involves non-players, it generally gets uber ugly.

Yesterday's happenings were a matter of pride for nobody. The way Kohli, Naveen and Gambhir behaved amongst themselves in front of the whole watching public is an ignominy, to say the least.

That the last mentioned individual also happens to be an elected lawmaker makes the matter much worse.

IPL management/BCCI or even ICC should take the issue seriously and severely reprimand Kolhi and Gambhir; imposing a monetary penalty won't do anything.

I would extend my limb and say that the latter, being a serial offender of sorts, must face action similar to what the boss of one of his former franchises had to, a couple of years ago.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:21   #3493
BANNED

Atleast GG has an IPL title, unlike Kohli, whose captaincy is sub-par to say the least.

Kohli's language had to come around to bite him someday, and I'm glad it has.

Last edited by SNA411 : 2nd May 2023 at 14:23.
SNA411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:24   #3494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Atleast GG has an IPL title, unlike Kohli, whose captaincy is sub-par to say the least.
GG has enough of everything, except contentment.

This sums it up beautifully. And this is from someone who knows GG very well.

Get into banter only if you can take it. And
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-joy.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd May 2023 at 14:41.
Eddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:47   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
..Did not watch the match yesterday, was it really that bad a scene?...
I watched the match and then switched off. All this drama was new in the morning as well!!

Quote:
From whatever I have seen, it was the ever angry idiot Gautam Gambhir who instigated the fight after the handshakes and all. ...
Agree on both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
...Not just that, Mr.GG is probably also jealous of the fact that his 'junior teammate' Kohli has been more successful than him and is one of the GOATs of the game.
About time GG lets the past be in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Atleast GG has an IPL title, unlike Kohli, whose captaincy is sub-par to say the least...
Kohli is lightyears ahead of GG in everything. Stats, records etc.
Kohli is considered in all-time greats along with Sachin, Ponting, Lara, Bardman etc.
GG is not even on the same book, leave alone the sentence.

Quote:
This sums it up beautifully. And this is from someone who knows GG very well.
Get into banter only if you can take it. And
Good insight.

PS: Who the fudge is Navin-ul-haq?
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks