Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:36   #406
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What impressions resulted in this observation?
Nothing much in particular, just a vague idea.
Good teams suddenly doing bad and loosing few games back to back. Eg. Kolkata and now Chennai joining in too.
Bit low teams doing good. Rajasthan team's effort can be seen. No doubt.

I know its T-20 Game anything can happen. Zimbabwe have defeated Aussies too. India won the cup, so it indicates its full of surprises.

IPL is making huge amount of money. Its a HIT world over. If im earning Rs xy crores from the game and if i tweak it I can earn Rs xyz crores from it.

Its just a feeling no concrete stuff.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:50   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Nothing much in particular, just a vague idea.
Good teams suddenly doing bad and loosing few games back to back. Eg. Kolkata and now Chennai joining in too.
Bit low teams doing good. Rajasthan team's effort can be seen. No doubt.

I know its T-20 Game anything can happen. Zimbabwe have defeated Aussies too. India won the cup, so it indicates its full of surprises.

IPL is making huge amount of money. Its a HIT world over. If im earning Rs xy crores from the game and if i tweak it I can earn Rs xyz crores from it.

TYPICAL INDIAN MENTALITY ... always looking at something more than what it really is . KKR team were plain lucky to get away with straight wins early on -- Chennai had a great run only to smack themselves against a in form opening pair -- RR have played good cricket inspite of not being star studded -- why is to so tough to see cricket as cricket ????

And if you think its fixed .. just stay away from it and keep your comments to your self . Let the thread stick to what its meant to be -- discussion for those who don't think of fixing everytime they watch cricket .

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd May 2008 at 13:20.
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:08   #408
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post

TYPICAL INDIAN MENTALITY ... always looking at something more than what it really is . KKR team were plain lucky to get away with straight wins early on -- Chennai had a great run only to smack themselves against a in form opening pair -- RR have played good cricket inspite of not being star studded -- why is to so tough to see cricket as cricket ????

And if you think its fixed .. just stay away from it and keep your comments to your self . Let the thread stick to what its meant to be -- discussion for those who don't think of fixing everytime they watch cricket .
Typical Indian Mentality? If the records against match fixing in India were straight then I would have probably never think of it. Indian Cricket is not dhood ka dhula. And I did mention its a vague idea. So its pointless quacking around!

Its upto me what I think, keep your comments to yourself! This is an Open Forum one has to bear all sort of criticisms.
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:17   #409
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Typical Indian Mentality? If the records against match fixing in India were straight then I would have probably never think of it. Indian Cricket is not dhood ka dhula. And I did mention its a vague idea. So its pointless quacking around!

Its upto me what I think, keep your comments to yourself! This is an Open Forum one has to bear all sort of criticisms.
Doodh ka dhulla or not -- but what concrete evidence do you have about match fixing existing ?? As for you thinking what you think -- u sure do have the right to do so , the same way that I have the right to tell you to plug your mouth .

As for Typical Indian Mentality ,... unfortunately, I refer to your thought process as that and you should also be able to bear all sorts of criticism and don't go howling like a lil boy to the monitors .

Cheers

PS -- I just noticed you yourself are a monitor ... lol

Last edited by khaadu75 : 3rd May 2008 at 13:19.
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:22   #410
Senior - BHPian

Hey fellows,

Chill !! Don't behave like Saurav and Shane - else Lalit aa jayega.

Chalo - I want the Bangalore guys to win - after all Mallya ka beer piya hai - gaddar toh nahi hai hum.

And for the other match - I want the Kings X1 to smash the KKR to bits - Go Punjab Go.
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:29   #411
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Hey fellows,

Chill !! Don't behave like Saurav and Shane - else Lalit aa jayega.

Chalo - I want the Bangalore guys to win - after all Mallya ka beer piya hai - gaddar toh nahi hai hum.

And for the other match - I want the Kings X1 to smash the KKR to bits - Go Punjab Go.
I hope along with you regarding the KKr getting thrammed ... but then Kings Xi is an unpredictable team , never know what they will do against whom !!
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:43   #412
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doodh ka dhulla or not -- but what concrete evidence do you have about match fixing existing ?? As for you thinking what you think -- u sure do have the right to do so , the same way that I have the right to tell you to plug your mouth .
Arrey Bhai read before you post I mentioned this twice. And please think what you want to and run around with plugs, switches etc. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Quote:
As for Typical Indian Mentality ... unfortunately, I refer to your thought process as that and you should also be able to bear all sorts of criticism and don't go howling like a lil boy to the monitors .
Stop being AIC! I mean Advocate of Indian Cricket. lol

Quote:
PS -- I just noticed you yourself are a monitor ... lol
Sadly we have to become monitors for few kids who...

Cheers! Enjoy the KFs and IPL.
Old 3rd May 2008, 18:50   #413
BHPian

Quote:
KKR team were plain lucky to get away with straight wins early on -- Chennai had a great run only to smack themselves against a in form opening pair -- RR have played good cricket inspite of not being star studded --
I also felt so that KKR guys were lucky to win first 2 matches.They have one or two good player but then also have players like Ganguly and domestic players who are not that talented,atleast they havn't done anyhting yet.

KXIP should win today's match easily,i'm hoping so.
I would be cheering for them and my other favorite team is also winning against RC today.

BTW my 4 teams for semi are DD,RR,CSK and KXIP.DC may have outside chance if they start winning.
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:15   #414
BHPian

Usually the best matches of any tournaments are between either 2 best teams or 2 worst teams.Well.......this match between RCB and DC proved it.

It was very much evident why both teams are down at points table.One team could only pose low total and other could not even chase it.

Anyway pro'ly the best match of IPL so far.
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:25   #415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Usually the best matches of any tournaments are between either 2 best teams or 2 worst teams.Well.......this match between RCB and DC proved it.

It was very much evident why both teams are down at points table.One team could only pose low total and other could not even chase it.

Anyway pro'ly the best match of IPL so far.
I missed this match .. so could someone update me about the match !!
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:30   #416
Senior - BHPian

DC were chasing 156 and it all came down to getting 18 in 4. Kumble bowling to Bangar.

Bang, bang - 2 6's and it came to 6 in 2 but Bangar missed a slower one from Kumble and got 1 leaving 5 to win from the last delivery which obviously didn't happen.
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:52   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I also felt so that KKR guys were lucky to win first 2 matches.They have one or two good player but then also have players like Ganguly and domestic players who are not that talented,atleast they havn't done anyhting yet.
I can say the same for all the teams in IPL including your Kings 11, one or two quality players rest all are youngsters or veterans!
Also for such fast-paced cricket, you need a bit of luck too, it is not all about skills, for that you have Test / ODI cricket.

And saying domestic players are not talented is severe insult to the promising youngsters in our country, do we import players for playing in our national team?
All have come from the ranks of domestic cricket!
What about players who proved their mettle in T20 - Ashok Dinda, Ravi Jadeja, Asnodkar, Shikar Diwan, Abhi Nayar, Goni etc....!

Last edited by finneyp : 3rd May 2008 at 21:53.
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:07   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I can say the same for all the teams in IPL including your Kings 11, one or two quality players rest all are youngsters or veterans!
Also for such fast-paced cricket, you need a bit of luck too, it is not all about skills, for that you have Test / ODI cricket.

And saying domestic players are not talented is severe insult to the promising youngsters in our country, do we import players for playing in our national team?
All have come from the ranks of domestic cricket!
What about players who proved their mettle in T20 - Ashok Dinda, Ravi Jadeja, Asnodkar, Shikar Diwan, Abhi Nayar, Goni etc....!
Most players you mentioned at the end of your post were also mentioned by me few posts earlier.
What i really meant was apart from their good decent bowling attack which again is not as dangerous as DD's,their batting is ordinary with the exit of NZ players and now they dont have either good foreign players and good domestic players like DD have S.Dhawan,Kings have P.Chawla,RR have Jedja,CSK have Goni etc.

KKR have only dinda but other teams have more than two good domestic players who previously unknown entities.Cricket team is formed by 11 players and all need to play their part a bit.They are not getting good starts in 1st few overs coz of lack of good quality domestic batsmen.Remember T20 is a game of batsmen and not bowlers.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 3rd May 2008 at 23:09.
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:54   #419
BANNED

WHEW ... Close Call -- had my heart in my mouth for a bit in the end !! KKR put up a brave fight but then I guess the bookies came into effect ( I think ) coz Hussey really tried his level best to get out on the previous ball in the same manner .. right Mr. Match Fixing ???
Old 4th May 2008, 11:52   #420
BANNED

Dale Steyn's superlative catch of Rohit Sharma changed the course for Bangalore .
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
DC were chasing 156 and it all came down to getting 18 in 4. Kumble bowling to Bangar.

Bang, bang - 2 6's and it came to 6 in 2 but Bangar missed a slower one from Kumble and got 1 leaving 5 to win from the last delivery which obviously didn't happen.
Two hitters of Kolkatta - Hussey & Das - came good and so the close match. But Ganguly & Hafeez opening ? This move cost them the match.
Quote:
WHEW ... Close Call -- had my heart in my mouth for a bit in the end !! KKR put up a brave fight but then I guess the bookies came into effect ( I think ) coz Hussey really tried his level best to get out on the previous ball in the same manner .. right Mr. Match Fixing ???
Today's matches:
4PM: Delhi vs Mumbai
8PM: Rajastan vs Chennai

Last edited by diabloo : 4th May 2008 at 12:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks