Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 00:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

I saw the first two overs that Ishant bowled today & have to say he looks more & more promising with every passing match. Now he's even moving the ball away at will and on this pitch where Zaheer couldn't really do much to trouble the KKR batsmen, he was really making life hard for the BRC's.

All said & done, he looks for a promising prospect for the future if everything remains well with him & he does not get carried away.

BTW Ponting's adulation of him after the Dravid wicket was quite funny & nice to see!
Old 19th April 2008, 00:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow's game will be interesting. Chennai are loaded with batsmen, Punjab are seriously lacking good batsmen much like bengaluru were today. But chennai lacks quality bowlers & Punjab has a few. I am routing for dhoni's team.
Old 19th April 2008, 00:27   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I would have got Boucher to open with Cameron White got the RC's.

Which fantasy game ? Super Selector ?
CRICKET FANTASY GAME >> How to Play

Indian Fantasy League

Play Cricket Online :: Online Cricket Fantasy Game - Make your cricket team | UAE cricket game

Enjoy. I play all of the above
Old 19th April 2008, 00:32   #64
adc
Senior - BHPian

thats what I like on hot summer Friday night, no way the beer was going to waste - its a slam dunk win.

First thing tomorrow is to get tickets for the Sunday Eden match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@esteem lover It is only Mccullum played in KKR batting. Rest others were pretty ordinary.
Exactly what Dravid more or less said to Shastri - a captain saying so is absolutely suprising - thinking on those lines they have a whole lot of pain ahead.
Old 19th April 2008, 02:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic start for the RCs.
McCullum was phenomenal!! Wish I'd get to see the highlights of the game on YouTube..
Old 19th April 2008, 02:37   #66
BHPian

Nitin, you can see the live matches on :: Indian Premier League - The Official Website ::
Old 19th April 2008, 02:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thanks,gr8guzzler. I'll give it a try tomorrow..
Old 19th April 2008, 08:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
IAll said & done, he looks for a promising prospect for the future if everything remains well with him & he does not get carried away.
. With the money he is making at this age, he should not get carried away by the endorsements. He has to concentrate on the game for his long career and hope do does so. He is a very good prospect for Indian bowling in all forms (test/one day/T20) after a long time.

Quote:
Exactly what Dravid more or less said to Shastri - a captain saying so is absolutely suprising - thinking on those lines they have a whole lot of pain ahead.
They do not have any recognised batsmen (except a couple of them and that too they are not used to Indian conditions). All are test players. How in the world did Dravid think that this team will give any challange to the opp teams. I feel there may be 2 possible reasons for his team selection during auctions : (1) Rahul did not pick his team well during auctions (2) Mallya did not want to spare more money and buy other good players who are hard hitters.

Last edited by snaronikar : 19th April 2008 at 08:56.
Old 19th April 2008, 10:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Which fantasy game ? Super Selector ?
I was referring to the this Cricket Fantasy Game
Old 19th April 2008, 10:22   #70
BHPian

Very little of cricket in this kind of game, but at least if someone can make a name for himself here, he can really make enough money not to have to live in penury after retirement. This is big business. But the valuations are way overdone. Many will burn their fingers here. Hope the players get paid their dues.
Old 19th April 2008, 13:47   #71
BANNED

Hey buddy, which of the stands did you make it? Is it Signature Executive, McDowell Best View, Bagpiper Standview, Antiquity Members’ Stand? Or the Royal Challenge Pavilion, the Royal Challenge Terrace and the Royal Challenge North Terrace? BTW, all these are names of water brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ooh, do they have these pretty women as well? I'm going to the premiere thing today, got a free pass somehow. Maybe cricket will finally be fun.
What people thought when auctions happened (post made on 21st Feb 08 in the cricket thread). Hey Maddy42, you got it spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Bangalore: Well this is a test selectors dream team. If they reach 100 will be a great achievement. Dravid, Kallis well no idea how this team got selected. Still can hope the magic from the owner. So maybe we can see more of Shilpa and Shamita shetty on the field now.
Like any other even Mallya's RC spent some $5m on players. What happened was Dravid, being a slow player, picked up all players who bat like him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I feel there may be 2 possible reasons for his team selection during auctions : (1) Rahul did not pick his team well during auctions (2) Mallya did not want to spare more money and buy other good players who are hard hitters.
Can somebody tell me, why Wassim Jaffer bats for Bangalore and Robin Utappa bats for Mumbai? Couldn't the teams exchange these two?
Old 19th April 2008, 13:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

In this IPL, how does one decide which team to root for?
Old 19th April 2008, 13:55   #73
BANNED

I am with any team where Sehwag plays .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Old 19th April 2008, 13:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
McCullum was phenomenal!! Wish I'd get to see the highlights of the game on YouTube..
Man, the whole show was like a highlights package

Quote:
Find out which teams' girlfriends are the best lookers, don't go for married guys like sachin dravid etc. root for the eligible bachelors' team.
Old 19th April 2008, 14:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Which jersey is your favourite colour?

Most Viewed