Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 21:34   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Dravid hit 6 sixes !!! I think Dravid is trying to prove a slow test batsman can score fast in T20. But his team is not giving him support.
He is still one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, I believe he should continue playing ODIs and even t20(he has gotten a hang of the format now, and if anything he will only get better)

He is not an out and out bang bang player, but makes sure that the scoreboard keeps ticking, builds partnerships and somebody with such a role to play in a team consisting of other bang bang loonies(India t20 team, not RCB) is very important. Clearly, he is a batsman who takes his head on his shoulders when he goes out to bat unlike quite a few other *greatest* batsmen who comfortably leave their heads in their dressing rooms.

Leave his captaincy aside, as a player he is still an invaluable asset in any form of cricket to any team. For somebody who has had zero t20 exposure and starting in such a competitive tournament like IPL alongside some International heavy weights, he has performed fantastically. That too when, there are a lots of fingers pointed at him, when the wickets on the other end are falling like cycles in a cycle stand(I hate sidhu, but had to borrow this) and when the odds are stacked against him, he has batted admirably well. Goes to show his character.

some stats:

Total runs - 273

Average - 30.33

Strike Rate - 129.38

4s/6s - 26/10

20.7% of all runs scored by BRC has come off Dravid's bat, and he has contributed more than 55% in an innings twice. Yes he was dismissed for duck twice, but so was sehwag and ponting.

Rahul Dravid forever, an avid supporter since '96
Old 17th May 2008, 21:38   #767
BANNED

Once the KA Govt is formed, they must get RCB drop B and become just RC - they are spoiling Bangalore name .
Quote:
Meanwhile, during the break, enjoy Daily humor: Excerpts from Vijay Mallya's diary
Big names are expecting around $15m~$20m. Next year onwards team will poach players from other franchise (Mallya has big list too. He will pay pension check to the existing players and get some T20 players )
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Oh , didn't know the cap was for one yr only !! So don't be surprised if others get more than 4 million , I can spot a lot of 4 mill plus players and some of them probably havn't even yet played for the country .
RCB bowled 18 wides and a no-ball. Charu Sharma carefully picked best bowlers for RCB and they go for 197 in 20 overs !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
But you have to agree that RCB dint have any luck.Infact RR's openers were not middling any delivery but still it was going for four runs whole inning.
And when RCB turn came for batting all their shots were mi**** and were caught.RR's were very very lucky in this match.

Last edited by diabloo : 17th May 2008 at 21:49.
Old 18th May 2008, 00:22   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The way Sehwag is going , looks like Yuvi needs more hugs and a shoulder to hide his face
The way KX1P attacked, I guess Sehwag must have run to his Mom for some hugs.

Punjabi hai Punjabi - Go Punjabi - Go Yuvi
Old 18th May 2008, 00:24   #769
BHPian

well....instead of using D-L method they should have flipped the coin to decide the winner.PB won it by 6 runs acc to D-L method.

What an innings by Yuvi,Pomerbachs and Jaywerdene!!IMO the last 3 overs bowled by Pb bowlers after rain break were the turning point of match.

Sehwag must be thinking what he had to do more to win this match.He shouldn't have ran into inform Pb team.

So Pb became the 2nd team after RR to reach semi.

Someone here has to make his new prediction.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 18th May 2008 at 00:26.
Old 18th May 2008, 00:35   #770
Team-BHP Support

Stupid thinking by Sehwag to bring himself on when he had much better options. I am sure that Dilshan and Malik are better spinners than Sehwag.

This decision might well cost them a semi-final spot. SAD
Old 18th May 2008, 00:47   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Stupid thinking by Sehwag to bring himself on when he had much better options. I am sure that Dilshan and Malik are better spinners than Sehwag.

Against Chennai he gave the ball to Shoaib Malik n he got clobbered by Gony
Old 18th May 2008, 01:22   #772
BANNED

Quote:
So Pb became the 2nd team after RR to reach semi.

Someone here has to make his new prediction.
Lets not be too sure as of yet ... Most likely they are through but then there could be lots of twists and turns yet to come which may suddenly upset the apple cart . Though Im hoping they have made it through and stay at Number 2 ... coz then Team 1 vs Team 3 and Team 2 vs Team 4 -- team 1 & 2 will win which means that the Final would be a Jaipur vs Punjab cheers:

Quote:

Not the first match where Sehwag decided to bowl and ended up handing the match to the opponent ... wonder why he hasn't learnt ? Though no matter who he would have got on -- The Punjab tigers would have sent that poor chap also on a leather hunt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The way KX1P attacked, I guess Sehwag must have run to his Mom for some hugs.

Punjabi hai Punjabi - Go Punjabi - Go Yuvi
Sehwag ... oh I thought the one who advised Yuvi to run to his mom must have gone running himself .

Another humdinger ... Yuvi set the pace with the attack on McGrath and I just had a feeling he's gonna go for 3 in a row , and thats exactly what he did only to succumb . The other two did a good job to continue that momentum and make sure that Sehwag goes home scratching his bald head and wondering what he needs to do in order to win .

DD were a bit unluck I guess .. but then who gives a DAMN if they were , we wanted Yuvi & Co to win and they did . The 2 catches taken by the DD fielders were top class -- the catching though of Preity's boys needed a lot of practise .

Roll on Punjab ......
Old 18th May 2008, 13:19   #773
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Against Chennai he gave the ball to Shoaib Malik n he got clobbered by Gony
Sehwag also has been clobbered in the tournament earlier. But Shoaib is a better bowler and chances are that he would have done a better job.
But I admit all this is hindsight. Anyways, I hope DD make it somehow.
Old 18th May 2008, 13:29   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Sehwag also has been clobbered in the tournament earlier. But Shoaib is a better bowler and chances are that he would have done a better job.
But I admit all this is hindsight. Anyways, I hope DD make it somehow.
He also had the option of Glen McGrath who could bowl one more over. It seems Sehwag was too confused and lost track of the situation. Only after the rains started pouring in, did he realise that the D/L system would come into place
Old 18th May 2008, 13:30   #775
Senior - BHPian

Seriously Sehwag's bowling has costed DD the match many times in this tournament. I think Dilshan would have been a good option for Sehwag to give the ball.
Old 18th May 2008, 13:42   #776
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what is Sehwag upto, this is the 3rd match DD lost due to his hopeless bowling!

Is he trying to imitate Sourav? If so, pls don't do it at the team's expense.
Old 18th May 2008, 17:45   #777
BHPian

Sehwag has not been good captain of his team in IPL.Due to his poor decisions his team has lost few close matches.Dhoni and Yuvi are doing far better job.

He came to bowl himself that crucial 5th over coz rain was pouring and he thought of bowling it quickly so that he get the advantage if D-L method comes to picture.
But he failed to realize that other team is also thinking of D-L method and Sehwag made it easier for them.From there after Pb team was always in front.Even if there was no rain they would have won that match easily.

BTW Mumbai should be careful today against DC.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 18th May 2008 at 17:48.
Old 18th May 2008, 17:46   #778
Senior - BHPian

150 to get for the CSk. Go CSK Go !!
Old 18th May 2008, 18:50   #779
BANNED

Couldn't Agree More. To think of it, as soon as KXI were ahead in D/L, umpires decide to go off - but everybody still ground meant rain wasn't that bad . Ravi Shastri mentioned, in England they continue to play with that much rain.

DD were unlucky - Sehwag had planned his innings for 20 overs but the umpires tell him to wind up in 2.5 overs

Quote:
well....instead of using D-L method they should have flipped the coin to decide the winner.PB won it by 6 runs acc to D-L method.
Match delayed by dust storm - Chennai are 3 runs ahead of the D/L par score at this point. Looks like steroids are not working for KKR
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
150 to get for the CSk. Go CSK Go !!
Old 18th May 2008, 19:01   #780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sehwag had planned his innings
Sehwag and planning ???

His planning is limited to; in his own words: See the ball, hit the ball

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com