Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:20   #901
Team-BHP Support

Is Yuvraj taking tuitions from Sreesanth? The way he was behaving, he was lucky not to be slapped by his own team member, VRV Singh.
Wanted MI to win yesterday, but, some decisions and ridiculous running between the wickets led to their downfall.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:21   #902
BANNED

Can't they shift the match to Kolkatta? IPL is meant for TV audience isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, don't expect a match today. Its been raining almost non stop here in Delhi for two days.

No chance of sunshine also :(

Shared points would mean MI are favourites to reach the semis ahead of DD
After the weed was weeded out, Pollock resurrected the team. Unfortunately, Sachin being the highest paid, wants prove that money paid to him is well worth. So he assumes captaincy. People say Sachin's presence lifted the team. But the fact is Sachin walked into a successful team. Pollock should get his due.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Seems like some other force is influencing team selection in MI.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:26   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvraj Singh
He also criticised the crowd at the Wankhede stadium for whole heartedly supporting only the home team and heckling even Indian players in his team.
“I don’t think anyone should take the liberty to heckle Indian players even if they are from the visiting team. Sreesanth, Irfan Pathan, Chawla and I have played for India and have come to Mumbai before and they should not criticise us in this manner,” Yuvraj said.
Taken from Article Land

Now I do not feel like supporting KX1P anymore.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd May 2008 at 12:28.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:30   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Can't they shift the match to Kolkatta?
Well the matches are played on the home and away basis - so I don't think they will shift to Kolkatta.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:56   #905
BANNED

Also, Jayasuriya didn't bowl. Pollock didn't bowl his full quota. Some feel its MNS behind the scenes.
Quote:
And Mumbai Indians have to decide what and who they want to play !

Yeligati , Chitnis and Pinal Shah (worst amongst the 3) are no way worthy of playing in the X1.

Dhaval Kulkarni is missing, Takawale looks a better batsman than Chitnis and Yeligatti.

Seems like some other force is influencing team selection in MI.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:58   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arrogance - will not take him anywhere.
Quote:
As much as I love the way he bats, I can't understand such high handed comments from him.

Go yuvi Go - run to your Priety mama and get a hug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Yuvraj is an ***.. has been for past soo many years.. will be for the coming years.. he cant help being stupid..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Is Yuvraj taking tuitions from Sreesanth? The way he was behaving, he was lucky not to be slapped by his own team member, VRV Singh.
Quote:
Arrogance has always been his trademark. And basically, he is nothing but an overgrown spoilt brat.

Also, all this nonsense about the fair-play award - I wonder how KXIP are up there somewhere near the top when almost every time Yuvraj hangs on to a catch, he makes it a point to thereafter kick the ball in the air with his boots; and then they get full marks for respect for the game & the opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, don't expect a match today. Its been raining almost non stop here in Delhi for two days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Can't they shift the match to Kolkatta? IPL is meant for TV audience isn't it?
Quote:
Well the matches are played on the home and away basis - so I don't think they will shift to Kolkatta.
We may just about get a game in today if it doesn't rain anymore - though I'm not sure how the outfield is going to behave.

Last edited by suman : 22nd May 2008 at 13:00.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:04   #907
BHPian

Also the in-camera thrashing he gave the young Chawla when the latter bowled down the leg side. Yuvraj needs to reprimanded.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:06   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Arrogance has always been his trademark.
That is the only reason I like MSD - he is well grounded and never afraid to speak his mind - win or loose.

Quote:
though I'm not sure how the outfield is going to behave.
After the Kotla rebuild, I hear that the outfield drainage facility is the best in India - true ? So we might just have a game tonight - I am praying because it's my weekend tonight and what better way to spend the weekend watching the KKR get hammered.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:10   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Also the in-camera thrashing he gave the young Chawla when the latter bowled down the leg side. Yuvraj needs to reprimanded.
Atleast one thing that you can be proud about Bengaluru team. It was silly the way Kumble and Dravid dropped a catch off Kallis's bowling. But the way all three reacted shows that its just game being played there.

I didn't like the McGrath behaved against Chipli either earlier. He was just shouting f*** words all through. This is where the new Indian brats Harbhajan, Sreeshanth etc., have learnt their behaviour from.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:13   #910
BANNED

SRK has found that KKR can't reach SF. Do he says, Let's go out with a bang: SRK to team
Quote:
So, right now, all of us have become part of a failed script... A bad IPL script.... Let's try and keep our characters worthy of still looking back at this story and remembering it as a special story becos we all worked very hard at this....
Quote:
So, chin up and don't spoil yr character in the next two games.... Let's go out with a bang and not a whimper.... In films, we say u r only as good as yr last film.... So let's make the whole world know how good we r in the last (maybe not) two games..."
And demands what he wants :
Quote:
So, head's up.... Have a good match and let's make 200 runs tomorrow.... This 150 seems to not work any more."
Quote:
I am praying because it's my weekend tonight and what better way to spend the weekend watching the KKR get hammered.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:14   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am praying because it's my weekend tonight and what better way to spend the weekend watching the KKR get hammered.
Heh-heh, don't bet on it Gautam, grudge game & all that for KKR.

A classic game for me - Hometown vs Adopted Hometown, LOL. In this case, the Hometown gets my vote thoughcheers:
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:23   #912
BANNED

Some laid-back read:

CRICKETNDTV.com: Yes, the IPL really is about accountability
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:24   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I didn't like the McGrath behaved against Chipli either earlier. He was just shouting f*** words all through. This is where the new Indian brats Harbhajan, Sreeshanth etc., have learnt their behaviour from.
McGrath was even mocking Chipli, later when he actually got out he went to him and said "you think this is also not out?" or something like that from what I could gather by lip reading.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:25   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Taken from Article Land

@NC,

I could not watch Mumbai vs Punjab match yesterday, so cannot comment on Yuvraj's behaviour.

But I see nothing wrong in what Yuvi has said. (Your link does not work, so did not read the entire article).

I appreciate Yuvi for bringing this up. Atleast he did not bring it up after losing the match, else he would have been branded a cry baby!

While it is perfectly ok for the crowd to support home team, why this heckling?

But then Mumbai crowd, of late, has become less tolerant. Their booing of Sachin against England just being the case in point!

Last edited by CaAT : 22nd May 2008 at 13:26.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:50   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
But then Mumbai crowd, of late, has become less tolerant. Their booing of Sachin against England just being the case in point!
CaAt,

The Mumbai crowd booed Sachin (or any other player) when he did not perform. And if you think the Mumbai crowd is intolerant - what are your views about the crowd that booes the whole Indian team and supports and cheers the opposition when one of their player is dropped ?

Yes I am talking about the the Kolkatta crowd. They support the opposition , do not turn up to watch the match when Ganguly doesn't play - that is permitted ?

The way Kolkatta crowd supported KKR against DD - the same way Mumbai crowd supported MI against the KX1P - why pick on the crowd ? Sehwag didn't say the crowd support was one sided, when it actually was !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd May 2008 at 13:52.

Most Viewed