Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 12:57   #1456
Senior - BHPian

As most of you, I am also an avid cricket fan, but this year, so far, IPL-2 seems like some what of a bore to me (as compared to the previous year). Following are the reasons for it

1. Low scores, not enough 4's and 6's being hit (well, till yesterday's match). I dont mind watching bowlers dominate, but 20-20 is more about 4's/6's right?

2. The crowd, too docile, Indian crowds are much more vocal and the atmosphere is much more electric.

3. My cable wala gives commentry in Hindi, nothing against Hindi language but the thing is that the commentators are in the studio and comment on what they see on the television hence you tend to miss on lots of other excitement.

4. 7 and a half minute strategy break:- whats that all about?

5. Till now the weather has also played a spoil sport.

6. Rajasthan Royals got a Royal shellacking in the first match, half of my interest has died down because of that.

Apart from point number 6, do you guys agree with me on the other points? is it me feeling like that or with you guys also some interest has diminished in IPL-2?
Old 21st April 2009, 13:03   #1457
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Startegy Break? LOL.

Its to make more advertisement revenue
Old 21st April 2009, 13:57   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
As most of you, I am also an avid cricket fan, but this year, so far, IPL-2 seems like some what of a bore to me (as compared to the previous year). Following are the reasons for it

1. Low scores, not enough 4's and 6's being hit (well, till yesterday's match). I dont mind watching bowlers dominate, but 20-20 is more about 4's/6's right?

2. The crowd, too docile, Indian crowds are much more vocal and the atmosphere is much more electric.

3. My cable wala gives commentry in Hindi, nothing against Hindi language but the thing is that the commentators are in the studio and comment on what they see on the television hence you tend to miss on lots of other excitement.

5. Till now the weather has also played a spoil sport.

6. Rajasthan Royals got a Royal shellacking in the first match, half of my interest has died down because of that.

Apart from point number 6, do you guys agree with me on the other points? is it me feeling like that or with you guys also some interest has diminished in IPL-2?
1.- agreed
2.-agreed
3.-no such problem here.
4.-strategy breaks are pure BS.period.
5.-agreed

Nothing can beat cricket in Indian atmosphere. The crowd,the cheers,the passion- everything is missing.
Just to make money they had taken it to SA but the charm and fun is gone.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:35   #1459
Team-BHP Support

I think that the IPL 2 will get interesting as it goes along, even for us. It is natural for the excitement and the interest to build with time. However, the quality of cricket will play a part but I am sure that there will be no issues with that. We will have to pray for the rain to stay away.

Go DD go....................
Old 21st April 2009, 14:42   #1460
Senior - BHPian

I detest cricket.IPL is nothing but a money spinner a highly oschetrated commericial venture.No one cares for cricket here.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:12   #1461
Team-BHP Support

You don't agree with the concept of IPL. Fine.

But why do you detest cricket ? Not interested is ok, but extreme hatred ? Its a game after all !!
Old 21st April 2009, 17:09   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing can beat cricket in Indian atmosphere. The crowd,the cheers,the passion- everything is missing.
Quote:
The crowd, too docile, Indian crowds are much more vocal and the atmosphere is much more electric.
I agree. During the opening ceremony I was wondering who Lalit Modi was waving out to!

But look at the positive side. At least the cheerleaders aren't being bothered by politicians and the crowd .
Old 21st April 2009, 17:57   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I agree. During the opening ceremony I was wondering who Lalit Modi was waving out to!

But look at the positive side. At least the cheerleaders aren't being bothered by politicians and the crowd .
Lol. Ya thats true. I personally like cheerleaders concept(not just cos they are attractive but its brings excitement to the quick format).

SO the score is - Kings XI Punjab 158/6 (20.0/20 ov)
I watched the first 6 overs - Pitch has good bounce but no movement so if gayle and mccullum gives a good start and ganguly supports them i feel KKR can beat Mohali.
The outfield is quiet fast and stadium is not big as well.
Old 21st April 2009, 19:53   #1464
Team-BHP Support

Guys, read this.. its fun, though I doubt the authenticity. The blogger claims to be one of the members of the KKR squad and writes about the inside stuff

Fake IPL Player
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:18   #1465
BANNED

If the weather continues playing spoilsport this IPL will be a damp squib....literally.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:37   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, read this.. its fun, though I doubt the authenticity. The blogger claims to be one of the members of the KKR squad and writes about the inside stuff

Fake IPL Player
This blog has earned more TRPs than actual IPL, what with Times of India giving it prominence on the first page today.

The blogger had a wicked sense of humour though the latest blogs are stretching the imgination a wee bit. Today he claims that the Indian spearhead of KKR bedded a chick after yesterday's win !!

The best of the blogs contained the pet name given to our maverick pace bowler who is on the sidelines of IPL with injury.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:52   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
This blog has earned more TRPs than actual IPL, what with Times of India giving it prominence on the first page today.

The blogger had a wicked sense of humour though the latest blogs are stretching the imgination a wee bit. Today he claims that the Indian spearhead of KKR bedded a chick after yesterday's win !!

The best of the blogs contained the pet name given to our maverick pace bowler who is on the sidelines of IPL with injury.
And, now we have a copycat too!
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:46   #1468
Senior - BHPian

See this image of Obama and the infected Lara (of ICL)

The BCCI (headed by Modi) should immediately ban Obama from playing cricket, commenting on cricket, ban his entry on all across the world's cricket grounds, and also ban his entry into India.
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-21look.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2009, 11:00   #1469
BHPian

Was a fantastic match yesterday.
Expected RC to challenge the score but too many failures at the top. Whats with Boucher in the sidelines and Robin keeping!

+1 for Dravid, for delivering when other top-order batsmen keep getting out.
Surprising to see Kevin fail to deliver in batting, again.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:11   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Fake IPL Player
Apparently, the real names are as follows:

Vinnie Dildo/ Badsaah Dildo - Shah Rukh Khan
Kishen Kanhaiyya - Ravi Shastri
Lord Almighty - Ganguly
Sheikh of Tweak - Shane Warne
Bevdaa - Jessie Ryder
Big Sister - Shilpa Shetty
Calypso King - Gayle
Mr. Batlivala - Mallaya
Prince Charles of Patiala - Yuvraj Singh
Little Monster - Sachin