Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 14:23   #1516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
One thing I hate about this IPL is that everything is commercialized, even the commentary. They say DLF maximum for a SIX and Citi moment of success for wicket.
It is not too far when Shastri will say " the previous LG Minimum(dot ball) forced the Godrej Hit-man(batsman) to go for a Hero Honda Passion+++ drive" the batsman got "Maxnewyork" life in the second Pepsi ball he faced. Crap!

You cracked me up.
BTW anybody read fakeiplplayer.blogspot.com. Its hilarious!
Old 29th April 2009, 17:09   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

BTW anybody read fakeiplplayer.blogspot.com. Its hilarious!
I follow the blog more than IPL. I am not sure if its an insider or outsider, but its more interesting than many a matches.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:29   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
RC is in dilemma atlest for captiancy. Dravid has come back to India, KP has left for his home tour. The only faces left is Kallis/Uthappa (KA ranji captian). Mallya sure knows how to loose money. First it was Force1 and now it is RC.
Win or lose Mallya is getting maximum buck by promoting RC brand liquors by shrewdly using same logo,name,etc.,

Hope he loses every match people should get disgusted by RC.

Shame on players wearing RC logo. Imagine our kids start adoring this.
Old 29th April 2009, 23:48   #1519
Team-BHP Support

Amazing match between Punjab and Mumbai. Duminy fought hard, but, in the end, the Punjab bowling and fielding was too good.
KKR lose one more, this time to RCB. Looks like McCullum's days as captain are numbered.
Old 30th April 2009, 01:38   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
RC is in dilemma atlest for captiancy. Dravid has come back to India, KP has left for his home tour. The only faces left is Kallis/Uthappa (KA ranji captian). Mallya sure knows how to loose money. First it was Force1 and now it is RC.
Boucher should be made the captain. Kallis and Uthappa are not even sure of finding a place in the playing 11.
Old 30th April 2009, 12:50   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Good news for KKR fans, Shahrukh plans to sell KKR franchise!

More here: Shah Rukh looks to exit Kolkata Knight Riders
Old 30th April 2009, 13:13   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My prediction for top 4 semifinalists-
Mumbai Indians
Daredevils
Deccan
Chennai
Wow ! You still rate CSK very high. I do not have such hopes. Although it must be said that all their lost matches have been very close. The bowling is very fragile.

Quote:
O
It is not too far when Shastri will say " the previous LG Minimum(dot ball) forced the Godrej Hit-man(batsman) to go for a Hero Honda Passion+++ drive" the batsman got "Maxnewyork" life in the second Pepsi ball he faced. Crap!

Quote of the millenium. Perfectly portrayed.
Old 30th April 2009, 13:16   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
One thing I hate about this IPL is that everything is commercialized...Crap!
That is rightly said. Actually, this event is neither cricket nor a sport. It is entertainment and a platform for brands. Brands like SRK, Sachin among others. It has no relation to the skill and sport of cricket. Even the articles in the paper and the reporting must be sponsored.
Old 30th April 2009, 13:45   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Amazing match between Punjab and Mumbai. Duminy fought hard, but, in the end, the Punjab bowling and fielding was too good.
KKR lose one more, this time to RCB. Looks like McCullum's days as captain are numbered.
Very good matches. I prefer such close ones between bat and ball rather slam bang and we are done types.
Making McCullum as captain was the worst mistake. He cant inspire the team like Ganguly does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Boucher should be made the captain. Kallis and Uthappa are not even sure of finding a place in the playing 11.
On the mark. Kallis does not have the leadership skills as well.
Bangalore is in dumps now. Dravid gone,KP gone(he wasnt worth it anyways), Uthappa(overhyped cricketer). They will be lucky not to finish at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Good news for KKR fans, Shahrukh plans to sell KKR franchise!

More here: Shah Rukh looks to exit Kolkata Knight Riders
Good for him. Also sack John as coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wow ! You still rate CSK very high. I do not have such hopes. Although it must be said that all their lost matches have been very close. The bowling is very fragile.

Quote of the millenium. Perfectly portrayed.
CSK is a very good team Imo. Just they are not able to convert close matches in wins. Don't write them off yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
That is rightly said. Actually, this event is neither cricket nor a sport. It is entertainment and a platform for brands. Brands like SRK, Sachin among others. It has no relation to the skill and sport of cricket. Even the articles in the paper and the reporting must be sponsored.
AS a viewer am enjoying it and i dont feel the need to bother myself who is promoting what till the time i switch on the tv and have fun

Last edited by harry10 : 30th April 2009 at 13:46.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:01   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The current Mumbai team very much plays like the Indian National team of the 1990s. It depends very much on Sachin, and if he fails, the game is over for them. And even the team name also contains Indians in it.

I am a big supporter of the Mumbai team but when they lose like yesterday, it really hurts bad. People say Duminy is great, but during all last games I haven't seem him hitting many fours or sixes. He runs great between the wickets but that is not sufficient in this format. And Bravo keeps throwing his wicket all the time. Sadly there is no one in the middle order to bank upon.

Even in last IPL, Mumbai did not win any close games. Same thing is happening again.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:43   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Making McCullum as captain was the worst mistake. He cant inspire the team like Ganguly does.
I think the problem is that McCullum is just a dummy captain. John Buchanan is the one pulling the strings right now. With him around, no captain can do anything different, Ganguly, Gayle or whoever it is.

Quote:
On the mark. Kallis does not have the leadership skills as well.
Bangalore is in dumps now. Dravid gone,KP gone(he wasnt worth it anyways), Uthappa(overhyped cricketer). They will be lucky not to finish at the bottom.
KPs absence might hurt with captaincy, but they won't miss him as a batsman. Dravid might come back for last few matches.
And I am sure they won't finish last. That place is reserved for KKR. The only batsman who looked like scoring few runs was Gayle and he is gone, KKR will be lucky to win another game this season.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 30th April 2009 at 15:51.
Old 30th April 2009, 16:04   #1527
Team-BHP Support

The name is no longer KKR. They dropped "Kolkatta" from the name. Its plain Knight Riders now !!
Old 30th April 2009, 16:14   #1528
BHPian

Devils are having Chargers for Lunch today. Gibbs and Gilchrist already back in the pavilion.
Old 30th April 2009, 17:14   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The name is no longer KKR. They dropped "Kolkatta" from the name. Its plain Knight Riders now !!
And how do they suppose to enter Kolkata again next year now!
What can anyone do when you like digging your own grave.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:56   #1530
BHPian

Yay, Daredevils ending the Chargers winning spree. These 2 teams are quite favorites to make it to the next level. Awesome innings by Dilshan & a great reply to Edwards bouncer by hitting him for a six for the final runs. Good bowling by nannes(proving his candidature). Karthik too getting amongst the runs. Now, the delhi duo definitely needs to blast!!

Situation in balance in the next match between chennai & jaipur. 2 quick wickets by pathan(man! he is an all rounder), followed by brutal batting by Raina.

My favs: Chennai!!

What's the bet!

Most Viewed