Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 22:40   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am right here Karan. In the finals, Haydos will fail and Viru will fire
it's on dude! that is, if both of us make it to the finals!

cheers
Old 18th May 2009, 23:22   #1742
BHPian

No way CSK is going to win the title. Their bowling is way below par (except Murali). Jakati is no more a threat now. If they're going to win this one, it's be Hayden/Murali special.

I'm still betting on DC or DD to take it all.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:33   #1743
BHPian

KKR Triumphs CSK. What a pathetic bowling show by CSK, Haven't seen worse in this IPL. Its time Ntini is in the CSK team.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 18th May 2009 at 23:44.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:50   #1744
BHPian

What a win!! It was amazing to see Saha & Hodge finish it up. McCullum was just great too. And those words frm Hodge, "more than winning the man of the match, our team won" (something like that), and it did come out straight from his heart I felt. It was a true win today after a long time (even though I am not a KKR supporter)
Old 18th May 2009, 23:56   #1745
Senior - BHPian

I am in a state of shock!
As dhoni said, "some of the worst bowling in ipl!" combined with poor fielding is not good.
Ntini, where are you? Also maybe amarnath should be brought in instead of balaji.
Old 19th May 2009, 00:56   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Was it only me or did anyone else feel that CSK were taking this game lightly? There was definitely some intensity missing in their fielding. May be they were complacent about having reached semis. (Mathematically CSK can still be out of semis, but chances of that happening is remote)
Having said that, KKR deserved to win this. They have been doing well in last few matches, but today they managed to hang in for the entire match instead of losing their way. Maybe batting second helped. When Brendon gets going it is fun to watch. I was hoping he would stay longer.

I also have a feeling that CSK are saving Ntini for the knockout matches.

Tomorrow is a big match for RCB. Must win for RCB to stay in contention and avoid depending on other's results. Hoping for the best result!
Old 19th May 2009, 09:25   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Gotta take back my words. First of all well played KKR especially Mccullum & Hodge. Brilliant batting . Tyagi & Jakati dont seem to be that effective now. Hightime we sacrifice a all rounder like Oram and go for Ntini. Overall i think Delhi has been really consistent and they seem to be favourites, Butttt you never know if its CSK's day.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:24   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! KKR finally pulls it off!
If KKR had batted second in the previous matches, they would have won lot of games, they are good in chasing rather than defending.

For CSK, don't understand why Manpreet Goni (who had a fantastic IPL last year) and Ntini is on the bench?
Old 19th May 2009, 14:14   #1749
Senior - BHPian

I am glad KKr won. No am not a fan but i feel for the team and the guys who were trying so hard to win inspite of losing one match after another(No sympathies for SRk as he does not knows what SPORTS and sportsman spirit means).
KKR deserved to win

CSK- The whole tournament Dhoni has said bowling and fielding is their weak point and in this match it got evident completely.
I can see many people wants NTINI in the team- he is not a magician and he has no match practice for months. But i too would like him to be in team for their last match to see if he can do something good.

Todays match- DD wins!
Old 19th May 2009, 15:02   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I can see many people wants NTINI in the team- he is not a magician and he has no match practice for months. But i too would like him to be in team for their last match to see if he can do something good.
First of all nobody said he s a magician here!!! Second of all i dont see a question of match practise here. Doesnt that lack of match practise imply to retired players like Warne, Gilly and Hayden etc before start of IPL. Most of us want the bowling to be stronger - Ntini seems to be the best bet.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:43   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
First of all nobody said he s a magician here!!! Second of all i dont see a question of match practise here. Doesnt that lack of match practise imply to retired players like Warne, Gilly and Hayden etc before start of IPL. Most of us want the bowling to be stronger - Ntini seems to be the best bet.
You got me wrong. read it again. I mentioned in the end i am in favor of him being included to strengthen the attack(and i like Ntini's bowling myself).
What i meant was that we are expecting too much from his first match in IPL. Match practice matters- Look at Sehwag(still trying to get back in rhythm after missing matches), look at Mortaza(got one match after so long and got hammered everywhere).
It doesn't means Ntini will be a flop.
IMO he is a better bet than Oram anyday as well so chill and enjoy today's match
Old 19th May 2009, 16:50   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You got me wrong. read it again. I mentioned in the end i am in favor of him being included to strengthen the attack(and i like Ntini's bowling myself).
What i meant was that we are expecting too much from his first match in IPL. Match practice matters- Look at Sehwag(still trying to get back in rhythm after missing matches), look at Mortaza(got one match after so long and got hammered everywhere).
It doesn't means Ntini will be a flop.
IMO he is a better bet than Oram anyday as well so chill and enjoy today's match
Harsh not to worry , everything s taken in right spirit here. Well to an extent match practise matters. But we all regret Ntini didnt play one match earlier.
Chill you to enjoy todays match! Cheers
Old 19th May 2009, 17:58   #1753
Team-BHP Support

Against my avatar, I hope Bangalore wins today. That will keep the league very open.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:55   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Against my avatar, I hope Bangalore wins today. That will keep the league very open.
Guess i may find you wearing Bang's T-shirt today
Well am a die hard loyalist so DD all the way. But even if DD loses i want a close hard fought match. Also DD is without dilshan,mishra and Dirk today so they are not very strong(no disrespect to Vettori as he is a great bowler too).

Can i hope for a Sehwag/Gambhir back in form?
Old 19th May 2009, 20:25   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can i hope for a Sehwag/Gambhir back in form?
V Sehwag c Taylor b Kumar 0(2)

DD 28/2 in 5.
Gambhir 26(17)

Go RCB!

EDIT: now Gambhir gone! 37/3 in 6

Last edited by SilentEngine : 19th May 2009 at 20:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks