Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:33   #2221
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread - Season V discussions from pg 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I would so like MI to be in the Finals.
And guys, did you see the last over of yesterday's MI Vs KKR match, poor Balaji, I must say. 23 runs of his last over
+1 to that, even me too wants MI in the final. the other team IMO would be RCB for sure fuelled by the Gayle storm. It would be interesting to see Malinga vs Gayle.

Regarding Balaji, I sympathize with him the same way I did with Munaf Patel the other day vs DC when Amit Mishra hammered him for the same no of runs.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:12   #2222
BANNED

Quote:
Spitfire, can you forward me the PM too on Paul Valthaty, that you sent to Esteem_lover.
Guys, I had a talk with some my ex-team members who know about my messages on public boards about players and their careers.

Some genuine concern was shared as today the internet medium has got quite strong. Anything typed here stays here for all to see and probably would stay here forever.

We decided not to talk about any other player as every player today can jot down his thoughts and actions himself on the internet. And we will leave it at that.

Maybe for some TBHP meet if we do cross paths we can have a talk about it.

Really sorry for starting this off. But I would like to honor the restraint been shown by others (which I was not aware of). Hope you guys understand.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:25   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Really sorry for starting this off. But I would like to honor the restraint been shown by others (which I was not aware of). Hope you guys understand.
Hey Spitfire, no need to feel sorry about it. I genuinely appreciate the restraint and concern you have shown here.

Sorry to have brought this up at the first place, but I too was genuinely curious to know what went wrong with him.
Lets, keep it for when we meet,if at all, sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
+1 to that, even me too wants MI in the final.
Not just that. I want MI to win the IPL this time.

Quote:
Regarding Balaji, I sympathize with him the same way I did with Munaf Patel the other day vs DC when Amit Mishra hammered him for the same no of runs.
lol, I know, I sympathize with him and Munaf too. And on both occasions MI was invloved.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 23rd May 2011 at 16:28.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:35   #2224
Senior - BHPian

My heart wants MI to reach the finals but my mind thinks otherwise. The batting line up suddenly in the last few games has been very brittle. Even yesterday's win was sheer luck (i know it is required sometimes), what with 3 of the boundaries going to third man.

I am only hoping that Pollard starts firing now. But considering that the finals is going to be played in Chennai, with spinners dominating the bowling, that also seems to be difficult.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:36   #2225

Ya Mumbai Indians deserve it this time.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:09   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Of the final four only one team has lifted the IPL honours and that is Chennai Super kings. So the remaining three teams would want to lift the cup and would battle out hard on the pitch. It reamins to be seen which one takes the honour this time.

What happened to Aiden Blizzard for MI, why is he not playing? Also what about Davy Jacobs? Also really puzzling as why Symmonds is on the bench?
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:44   #2227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Sorry to have brought this up at the first place, but I too was genuinely curious to know what went wrong with him.
Lets, keep it for when we meet,if at all, sometimes.
I'm a little late in the conversation and I'm not sure what it exactly is about. But here is some info on Valthaty. To my knowledge, he's had a turbulent Cricketing career.

Quote:
Also really puzzling as why Symmonds is on the bench?
Do you think it has something to do with the Bajji-Symonds monkey-gate fiasco that took places a few years ago? It could be, for all you know! It's sad to see Symonds twiddling his toes and doing nothing. He is one of the hardest hitters of the Cricket ball and can annihilate the opposition on a good day.
Old 25th May 2011, 01:16   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Awesome match - absolutely electrifying! Was thriller right down to the last ball. Fantastic innings from Raina, he really made up for the early wickets of Hussey and Murali.

Hope Ashwin recovers from fast, what a blow he took! :O

Chennai Super Kings'ku periya whistle adeenga!

And btw, I still think it's going to be RCB vs CSK final.

Last edited by anekho : 25th May 2011 at 01:24.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:53   #2229
Team-BHP Support

50 odd runs from the last 4 overs was something brilliant. Three big overs sealed it for CSK. Well played Chennai, well played. We had the match in the bag, but getting two set batsmen out is very hard in T20.

Raina is in sublime form and so is Kohli. It's good to see the future of Indian Cricket looking bright. I feel sorry for Ashwin who took a bad blow on the head.

I guess this match should silence some critics on RCB's middle order. they fired without Gayle, and how! It's just that CSK's middle order is much better.

In my opinion, we lost the match when Mithun bowled that 23-run over.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:26   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I guess this match should silence some critics on RCB's middle order. they fired without Gayle, and how!
I disagree here! Only Pomersbach had had 20 odd runs but its still Kohli who had hit. Kohli and Gayle have been the backbone of RCB's batting lineup. I would have agreed with you had Kaif /Tiwary etc. had got to bat longer and fired but still im going to be a critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I still think it's going to be RCB vs CSK final.
I am hoping for a MI vs CSK final ( again).
Old 25th May 2011, 10:49   #2231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I disagree here! Only Pomersbach had had 20 odd runs but its still Kohli who had hit. Kohli and Gayle have been the backbone of RCB's batting lineup. I would have agreed with you had Kaif /Tiwary etc. had got to bat longer and fired but still im going to be a critic
Well, Tiwari didn't get much time in the middle and still hit a sweet boundary in the penultimate over(?) and Kaif, well, he's old now. But I'm sure Malya has the noose ready for him if he does not perform, so expect some good performances by the middle-order soon.

In that sense, every team has a back-bone in the form of a few players. CSK being an exception, somewhat. MI has Tendulkar, Rayydu and the odd performance from Sharma. KKR has Gambhir and Kallis and again Pathan producing a few good knocks. KIIP has Valthaty and Marsh, and of course Gilchrist who can stand up when he needs to.

All these players are key match winners for their respective teams. Just like how Gayle and Kohli are, for RCB. And we all know how destructive De Villiers can be on his day, and we've seen how Tiwari can hit the ball a long way. Kaif, who is nimble off the blocks can play a supporting role quite often.

RCB is a very well balanced team, bolstered by Gayle who is in scintillating form. We're a great fielding side too and our bowlers have done a brilliant job so far, barring Mithun who's had a few ups and downs. So it's been an all-round team performance by us, overshadowed by Gayle's fabulous knocks.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:06   #2232
BHPian

CSK stole the match yesterday from RCB. It was a huge shocker for all RCB fans, cos, they were believing they were through to the finals after posting 175.

I got the gut feeling CSK would win once Vettori came to bowl the last over. Dont you people think either Zaheer/Gayle should have bowled it?

Anyways, CSK would probably keep the new trophy with them.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:12   #2233
Senior - BHPian

CSK have a very strong batting line up. Hope it will be RCB vs CSK and RCB wins. I think its not easy for for MI to win the IPL, lets see.

Last edited by srishiva : 25th May 2011 at 11:15.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:40   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
CSK stole the match yesterday from RCB. It was a huge shocker for all RCB fans, cos, they were believing they were through to the finals after posting 175.

I got the gut feeling CSK would win once Vettori came to bowl the last over. Dont you people think either Zaheer/Gayle should have bowled it?

Anyways, CSK would probably keep the new trophy with them.
Zaheer and Gayle had finished their quota. But it was awesome to watch the last four overs in person.got to see Dhoni's helicopter shot as well.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:44   #2235
Senior - BHPian

MI one step closer to the IPL trophy

Though achieved it with some struggle at the end and could have been anybody's game. Would like to see Suman replaced by Symonds for the next game against RCB. I hope its not a 'Gayle'Storm.

Most Viewed