Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 14:11   #2326
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

As per reports Malinga should be back in MI for the next match. He is absolutely required and without him MI is hopeless especially when the batting has not been consistent.

By the way where is Mitchell Johnson?
Old 27th April 2012, 23:26   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Today's match with a big DD score and Tendulkar coming in to bat reminded me of the 2003 world cup. Tendulkar getting out to tall fast bowlers
Old 28th April 2012, 11:49   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Saw the MI vs DD match, Viru and KP literally walked over MI. They had already set the match for a win. Poor MP Sachin, could not do anything with his bat, maybe mind filled with Politics now. The only saving grace once again for MI was Ambatti Raydu who I guess is the most under rated player for India now.

The top order failed yet again for MI.
Old 15th May 2012, 00:32   #2329
BHPian

Two thrilling matches with last ball finishes and there is no activity on this thread? Quite surprising. What an innings by Rayudu and Pollard against Bangalore. Chennai's middle order needs to handle pressure well, they seem to be buckling under pressure quite often.
Old 15th May 2012, 01:19   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Phenomenal batting by Rayadu under immense pressure to win in style.

Although I'm sad for my team RCB :(
Old 15th May 2012, 01:24   #2331
Team-BHP Support

^^ I agree.

Would have been great to see RCB win that one, considering that Gayle, Kohli and De Villiers did not really perform. Mayank Agarwal's 60 odd in 30 balls was just pure brilliance.

I'm not sure how many people noticed, but he did not slog AT ALL! It was just cool, calm, calculated Cricketing shots. Phenomenal talent, especially for someone who hasn't played on a domestic level yet.
Old 15th May 2012, 04:10   #2332
BHPian

ugh, really sucks man for RCB to lose this way. They had the game!! .
Old 15th May 2012, 11:58   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Dedicated to the hardcore fans of IPL.
That this involves TOI and India TV is another matter.

IPL spot-fixing: After TV sting, BCCI says it won't tolerate corruption - The Times of India

India TV sting reveals spot fixing and black money in IPL
Old 15th May 2012, 13:14   #2334
Team-BHP Support

Much as I believe that match fixing is not possible, I dont think we can escape spot fixing. Not so easy to prevent, unless we start handling permanent bans
Old 15th May 2012, 14:44   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Saw the MI vs RCB one y'day. Almost all matches are going to the final over. Raydu was simply brilliant, he's my favorite for the most valuable player award. Pollard too chipped in valuable runs.

Why does Harbhajan allow Munaf to bowl the last over? Munaf does not have any special delivery in his armour, bowls full tosses and half pitch balls. If anyone crediting Mayank Agrawal for the wonderful innings, then special bricks for Munaf Patel too.

What was the ruckus all about post the match between Raydu and RCB bowler Harshal Patel
Old 15th May 2012, 18:53   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Still had a chance 2 overs to go. I cant believe they had Gayle bowling the last over. It should've been done by the most economical bowler (Muttaiah maybe?)

Yes, Mayank saved RCB's shirt otherwise it would've been a washout+humiliation the way Gayle, Kholi and AB fell.
Old 16th May 2012, 05:13   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Still had a chance 2 overs to go. I cant believe they had Gayle bowling the last over. It should've been done by the most economical bowler (Muttaiah maybe?)

Yes, Mayank saved RCB's shirt otherwise it would've been a washout+humiliation the way Gayle, Kholi and AB fell.
they used up Muralidahran already. I think Kholi or Dilshan should have bowled. Why they went with Gayle, i dont get it
Old 16th May 2012, 13:55   #2338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
they used up Muralidahran already. I think Kholi or Dilshan should have bowled. Why they went with Gayle, i dont get it
Do you remember what happened to Kohli in the game against CSK, wait no, Morkel?

I will never give Kohli the cricket ball unless he slogs it out in the nets if he's truly committed. I think he is a fantastic batsman who's hit a lean patch, but I believe he will come good very soon. I would leave him in the number 3 spot and maybe demote him if necessary. Maybe the pressure will work in his favour. At the moment coming to bat at no 3, there isn't really much pressure with Gayle and Dilshan and ABD batting around him.

I would also consider dropping an overseas player and introducing Dirk Nannes into the playing-11. But which overseas player will get the bench for the next game is a question very hard to answer. You can't drop Gayle or AB De Villiers. You can't drop Dilshan because he's been pretty good at the top. You can't drop Murali either and he was picked in the side in place of our Captain Vettori in the first place.

Problem with RCB is we bowl too many loose balls in the last few overs especially. Our bowlers might bowl 2-3 good balls, but the next 3 would be horrible and 10-15 runs will eventually be leaked.

Bowling in the death is something we haven't been able to do successfully.

If RCB sorts that out soon, I'd say there would be no chance any team could beat them.
Old 17th May 2012, 04:18   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You can't drop Murali either and he was picked in the side in place of our Captain Vettori in the first place.
So is Vettori gone for good? He's a good guy but not exactly a star bowler. That was a good move and Murali has been bowling really good.

Last edited by Mpower : 18th May 2012 at 02:04.
Old 17th May 2012, 21:44   #2340
BHPian

With todays loss against Punjab, this is the end for CSK for this IPL. A chance for a hatric to win the title is gone away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks