Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 06:29   #2371
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

For those crying and shredding tears on foul play and talking match fixing, please remember that MI & DD have more money than CSK. Apart from money they are powerful and extreme market makers in all their rights.

CSK played like champs! Even though they were defending champions they never had the pressure on them. They were never expected to win. They play best with their back against the walls. With Captain cool who has won biggies like T20 WC, WC2011, 2 IPLs & CL, you can always expect the unexpected.

MIs with Bajji who looked and captained like a molaga bajji can never be expected to win a finals. DDs with a ever tensed sehwag can never & ever be expected to win either.
Old 26th May 2012, 09:13   #2372
Senior - BHPian

I hate to say I told you so, but DD fizzed out just as sehwag fizzed out. Yes, the most perplexing thing was leaving out morne for andre. Maybe he wanted to strengthen the batting in the absence of irfan. I dont think sehwag is a cronje. No one would do such a stupid thing especially at this time. Take it gracefully folks. Even I would be upset if I was a DD fan and I am too (dd fan), they played some fantastic cricket.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th May 2012 at 09:24.
Old 26th May 2012, 09:23   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
For those crying and shredding tears on foul play and talking match fixing, please remember that MI & DD have more money than CSK. Apart from money they are powerful and extreme market makers in all their rights.
And CSK has the BCCI boss as the owner and his team, who are known for going after people who do not support them, with a vengeance.

It was rigged for sure.

Read the 1st paragraph

Also when Chennai were some 150 odd - we were shown that Citibank was issuing a INR 2 Lac cheque for whatever cause it was supporting. It does so whenever a team scores 200 runs in an innings.

So how did Citi hand over the 2 Lac rupee cheque even before CSK innings was over ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th May 2012 at 09:27.
Old 26th May 2012, 09:58   #2374
BHPian

Forget about winning the toss and fielding first, the best IPL bowler made to sit out would even bamboozle the who's who in this game. It was like Wasim Akram's withdrawal from Pakistan playing XI just before Indo-Pak QF way back in 1996.
There is definitely something wrong with IPL. In wrestling terms, it's merely a WWE.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:05   #2375
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised that when RR, KXIP, RCB were playing crucial matches, they all scored 120-130 runs and when CSK was playing their playoff matches they scored 180-222 runs, how one sided could it be.
As regards the article mentioned in MutantX post, similar things happened when on the morning of the WCF news appeared in various websites that punters gave hint that India will win the final, Gambhir will hit half-century, India will chase, Indian openers will get out cheaply, etc. and everything matched the claims. Then after the win such news disappeared (un)surprisingly. So I am more than sure the nexus has become so powerful as to they can influence the media completely. (Similar eg. Anna Hazare's movement). So keep enjoying your dose of Cricketainment year after year.
PS: ToI states "DD gifts away final berth to CSK".
Old 26th May 2012, 10:35   #2376
BHPian

IPL is a drama full of twist and turns. Right from the first edition, it has been an unheralded team or winner coming in from the back. Some of the team bosses, captains actions seem inexplicable. As people a beginning to realise the sham, the viewership is dwindling.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:38   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
For those crying and shredding tears on foul play and talking match fixing
I dont know who is crying or shedding tears. I am just laughing hysterically at this WWE version of T20 cricket!!
Old 26th May 2012, 12:30   #2378
Senior - BHPian

I told my friend at the toss itself the match is fixed and dd will lose badly. See what happened.
There were so many decisons taken which even someone with minimal knowledge of cricket wont take but were taken by sehwag.
From the first edition of IPL it was evident its rigged and yesterdays match just proved it more. Pathetic.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:30   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

It was rigged for sure.

Read the 1st paragraph
Here is the screenshot of the same taken before the first qualifier.
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)-ipl.jpg  

Old 26th May 2012, 12:52   #2380
Senior - BHPian

This banter about rigging should have started when seemingly impossible wins were achieved in the last ball in quite a few matches. Hope this is not a case of sour grapes. Many here were saying this was the best IPL.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th May 2012 at 12:53.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:04   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This banter about rigging should have started when seemingly impossible wins were achieved in the last ball in quite a few matches. Hope this is not a case of sour grapes. Many here were saying this was the best IPL.
Sour grapes for whom!!!
It is the other way round, the last ball finishes were to generate and maintain the viewership which was certainly dwindling. Its very common with "Reality" shows.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:07   #2382
Team-BHP Support

Its only a coincidence that I am from Delhi and what happened yesterday. No sour grapes or anything. The team selection was baffling. But that takes nothing away from the way Dhoni played in the last match and Murali Vijay yesterday. But....
Old 26th May 2012, 13:17   #2383
BHPian

It isn't a case of sour grapes. I am a firm supporter of DD since the inception of IPL. DD has never won it. But there weren't so many people questioning the integrity before.This indeed has been the best IPL, in my opinion, till the 60th or 65th match. And that was due to the unpredictability of the results. However, unpredictability can be staged. Neither I am saying that IPL is fixed nor I am saying IPL is not fixed. I am just saying that something is fishy.
Another line of thinking I have is - Viru may have taken this bizarre decisions yesterday because DD was asked to lose and he wasn't happy about it. If DD had lost with Morkel in the side, not many people would have raised eye brows. So this may be a way for Viru to attract people's attention. Alas, we will never know the truth.
Old 27th May 2012, 19:20   #2384
Senior - BHPian

I want a good match today, not a lopsided one like it was against DD. And I am sure all you guys are rooting for KKR. I am rooting for a good match.

WWE ???

I know this is entertainment more than cricket, but to call some greatest names in cricket as WWE goofers is something else.
Old 27th May 2012, 19:39   #2385
BHPian

CSK to bat first. Balaji is not in today for KKR. Will this make a huge difference for the KKR? Like you all, even I expect a good match today and not just one sided.

I just came across Sony Max and there was a pre match discussion involving Siddu, Priyanka and a couple of others. When will they stop involving cinema with Cricket. I do not understand what this talk is going to bring. When will all this change.

Last edited by joe1980 : 27th May 2012 at 19:47.

Most Viewed