Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2013, 19:39   #2446
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

MS Dhoni setting the Twitter world buzzing on Tuesday by cracking good-humoured jokes on "Sri Sri Pandit Sir Lord Ravindra Jadeja", who is fast turning out to be the Internet's latest sensation!

DHONI ON 'SIR' RAVINDRA

God realised RAJNI sir is getting old so he created sir ravindra jadeja

Sir jadeja once wanted to make a silt mountain to play as a kid now v all call it mt. Everest

Leaving for practice at 3pm but the stadium is coming so tht sir jadeja can practice

Whenever sir jadeja makes an error its an invention and on a daily basis v get plenty of those, all patent pending

Sir jadeja doesn't run to take the catch but the ball finds him and lands on his hand

Wen sir jadeja drives his jeep, his jeep remains still and road moves and wen he goes in to bat the pavilion moves to the wkt

http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-premie...e-specialevent
Old 12th April 2013, 11:02   #2447
BHPian

Kohli and Gambhir getting into on the field was weak; this is what IPL needs to spice things up: http://deadspin.com/bench-clearing-b...dres-472600148

Just let the boys fight lol .
Old 12th April 2013, 12:27   #2448
NMS
BHPian

Yesterday was a Momentous Day in the History of IPL.

Yousuf Pathan and Robin Uthappa Scored Runs !! Add to it the fact the Pune won !!
Old 12th April 2013, 12:56   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Yesterday was a Momentous Day in the History of IPL.

Yousuf Pathan and Robin Uthappa Scored Runs !! Add to it the fact the Pune won !!
I still wish RCB had somehow kept or bought Uthappa again. He was a good batsman, useful as an opener or to batter lower down to shore things up.
Old 12th April 2013, 13:02   #2450
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I still wish RCB had somehow kept or bought Uthappa again. He was a good batsman, useful as an opener or to batter lower down to shore things up.

Good Batsman, I agree !! However he really needs to score some runs, I really feel that he is not playing to his potential. Rather trying to play classy shots :S
Old 12th April 2013, 13:17   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good Batsman, I agree !! However he really needs to score some runs, I really feel that he is not playing to his potential. Rather trying to play classy shots :S
He actually plays well when he plays relaxed and clean shots. When he slogs he get out.
But yes, he needs to score runs especially with Poona having such a bad lineup which fails in a heap without good opening partnership.
Old 12th April 2013, 13:34   #2452
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
He actually plays well when he plays relaxed and clean shots. When he slogs he get out.
But yes, he needs to score runs especially with Poona having such a bad lineup which fails in a heap without good opening partnership.
Agreed,

Pune's lineup is not the best as of now. If he can seriously make it count this season, it will really do him some good.
I am still wondering whats up with Smith ? Why hasnt he played so far?
Am I missing something?
Old 12th April 2013, 13:36   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed,

Pune's lineup is not the best as of now. If he can seriously make it count this season, it will really do him some good.
I am still wondering whats up with Smith ? Why hasnt he played so far?
Am I missing something?
I think they should relax the 4 foreigners rule and allow 5 per team. Looking at the Indian bowlers especially who are so awful, it would be good thing and we will get to enjoy good cricket.
Old 12th April 2013, 14:26   #2454
BHPian

The ever dramatic Sreesanth has dug the grave of 'Slapgate' scandal. It seems he is explaining what actually happened that time!
I personally hate both of them: Bhajji and Sreesanth. Always in the news for the wrong reasons. Totally irritating.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Specia...0-1043097.aspx
Old 12th April 2013, 14:58   #2455
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
I think they should relax the 4 foreigners rule and allow 5 per team. Looking at the Indian bowlers especially who are so awful, it would be good thing and we will get to enjoy good cricket.
Agree to an Extent !! Lets see Gayle Hitting All the overseas bowlers all across the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
The ever dramatic Sreesanth has dug the grave of 'Slapgate' scandal. It seems he is explaining what actually happened that time!
I personally hate both of them: Bhajji and Sreesanth. Always in the news for the wrong reasons. Totally irritating.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Specia...0-1043097.aspx

If only Mr. Sreesanth would come above this, we would really really have a good bowler in the team.
He is Naturally talented, I haven't seen many bowlers with a better release and seam position than his. He can get the best of batsmen on his day, on most other days he is busy doing Moronic things !!
Old 12th April 2013, 15:27   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That would spoil the entertainment of IPL. Lambs to the slaughter is what we need.

Quote:
He can get the best of batsmen on his day, on most other days he is busy doing Moronic things !!
His day seems to happen only once in 3 years or more, not worth waiting for it. Even I thought he had turned the corner on his stupidity after he had to be on a wheelchair for sometime. Looks like last night's plastering from his business partner Uthappa has cracked everything open again.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:52   #2457
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What's the point of the captains signing the 'Spirit of Cricket Award' or whatever its called when they are going to behave like schoolkids as was the case yesterday with Gambhir-Kohli !!
The needle started earlier in the day when Gambhir was shouldered by Henriques.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:03   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What's the point of the captains signing the 'Spirit of Cricket Award' or whatever its called when they are going to behave like schoolkids as was the case yesterday with Gambhir-Kohli !!
The needle started earlier in the day when Gambhir was shouldered by Henriques.
+1
The behavior of both captains was downright childish. Especially considering the fact that both have played together for India/ Delhi/ ONGC and may be other teams. There is a fine line differentiating passion and stupidity and they crossed it yesterday.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:06   #2459
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
His day seems to happen only once in 3 years or more, not worth waiting for it. Even I thought he had turned the corner on his stupidity after he had to be on a wheelchair for sometime. Looks like last night's plastering from his business partner Uthappa has cracked everything open again.

Lolzzz Seriously, I only wish he concentrated on his game better than his antics. Even I was hoping that he would really have some sense coming back to cricket after a long break. Guess its a classic case of not valuing what comes naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
There is a famous Hindi proverb "kutte ki dum kabhi seedhi nahi hoti"
As rightly pointed out, he has a smooth action and quite an agile body but the smart lad is using it for all the wrong reasons and is NOT ready to learn from his previous mistakes. He is the sought after guy for the reality shows
Yeah Man !! Ms. Sawant of Indian Cricket

Last edited by NMS : 12th April 2013 at 16:13.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:10   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Lolzzz Seriously, I only wish he concentrated on his game better than his antics. Even I was hoping that he would really have some sense coming back to cricket after a long break. Guess its a classic case of not valuing what comes naturally.
There is a famous Hindi proverb "kutte ki dum kabhi seedhi nahi hoti"
As rightly pointed out, he has a smooth action and quite an agile body but the smart lad is using it for all the wrong reasons and is NOT ready to learn from his previous mistakes. He is the sought after guy for the reality shows

Most Viewed