Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 21:18   #2551
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

I wonder if time has come for team owners to have performance based contracts for their players.
Correct me if i'm wrong but Maxwell who seems unlikely to get a game this IPL will still be paid a million dollars basically for ferrying water bottles!
Someone like Yusuf Pathan who has played every game but has performed terribly was bought for a handsome amount during the auction!
Form does fluctuate over a period of 3 years & this should be considered by the team owners.

Btw, anybody noticed news about Kallis who is busy playing for KKR opting out of Champions Trophy.
Old 5th May 2013, 09:22   #2552
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with gauti ? Picking up fight with dravid, of all people ?
Old 6th May 2013, 23:55   #2553
BHPian

Did you see The Killer-Miller today? Outstanding inning. 101* off 38. In the end I was cursing Sathish for not letting Miller go for a century. But he did complete the century. I had actually stopped watching after couple of wickets fell down. I'm glad I started watching just before Kohli dropped him at 41. Apart from Miller's knock, Kohli's changing expressions were another entertainment. Except RCB supporters, everybody in my team hates Kohli.
Old 7th May 2013, 00:12   #2554
BHPian

WoW...
That is some knock from Miller. More the special as its made chasing an imposing target with wickets falling.

And i agree with you on Kohli.

"If its in the V, its in the Tree. If its in the arc, its out of the park"

Way to go Miller.
Old 7th May 2013, 01:45   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What's wrong with gauti ? Picking up fight with dravid, of all people ?
For that he's got a very well deserved sit-out in Champions trophy. Not that it is anyway related, but it sure gives me a peace of mind for he disrespecting Jammy.
Old 10th May 2013, 15:29   #2556
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone see Kohli's face after he dropped the catch ? He has a long way to go, that is if he has it in him to be a leader. Better we start looking elsewhere. As of now, leading RCB should be a big honor for him. The way he conducts himself on the field is very immature. He drops a catch and lets the whole match slip away from him. There is no Indian in that team who would dare to speak to him or calm him down.
Old 12th May 2013, 23:55   #2557
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Amazing hitting by Watson & Binny today!Chennai were in the driver's seat after the initial few overs but after that the game turned dramatically.

This Binny i feel is the all-rounder which Indian team has been looking for all these years. He can be useful in the seamer friendly conditions when we go abroad.
Old 13th May 2013, 00:18   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Did anyone see Kohli's face after he dropped the catch ? He has a long way to go, that is if he has it in him to be a leader. Better we start looking elsewhere. As of now, leading RCB should be a big honor for him. The way he conducts himself on the field is very immature. He drops a catch and lets the whole match slip away from him. There is no Indian in that team who would dare to speak to him or calm him down.
True. Both Kohli and Gambhir seriously need some therapy and anger management sessions.

A volatile personality isn't really a characteristic of a good leader. And sports is no exception.

If Kohli or Gambhir were one's boss, tell me honestly whether one would have enjoyed working with/under them. I certainly wouldn't have, couldn't have.

Last edited by snkjr : 13th May 2013 at 00:20.
Old 13th May 2013, 23:57   #2559
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What sensational hitting by Pollard, he totally decimated the opposition!

If anyone other than Pollard deserves any credit for today's win it should be Tendulkar, who retired hurt at an appropriate time!
Old 14th May 2013, 12:01   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Harsha Bhogle in the post match analysis made a pertinent point. Now captains are going to think How much score is really enough

We have had so many blinders being played in this edition of IPL - Miller, Watson and now Pollard. Winning the matches from very tough situations.
Old 15th May 2013, 16:22   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Tough times for RCB now. Bowling starts looking very weak if Vinay Kumar has a bad day. They should have kept Murali in the team for more matches, he is a match winner any day.

Very entertaining to see Kohli's facial expressions on the field.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:29   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Spot-fixing arrests rock IPL

Three Indian cricketers, including former Test quick Sreesanth, have been arrested and charged with spot-fixing in this year's Indian Premier League cricket competition.

The Rajasthan Royals players, Sreesanth, who played 27 Tests and 53 one-dayers for India, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, were arrested in a late-night swoop at the Trident Hotel in Mumbai, after the Royals' loss to the Mumbai Indians.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:31   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Sreesanth might have been having lots of free time to indulge in such practices. Really useless individuals. How stupid can you be if you think you cant be caught.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:09   #2564
BANNED

A sad day, but I may add that rumours of fixing in the IPL have been around for ages. I have little sympathy for Sreesanth (slapgate and all) but the new kids being caught in the web is really sad.
Old 16th May 2013, 15:01   #2565
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Sreesanth & Chandila didn't play all the games & in the games that Chandila played if i remember correctly he bowled quite well , i think he got both Tendulkar & Ponting in one of the games!
Sreesanth anyways bowls badly most times!

Btw, what would now happen to the IPL Fair Play Award? Royals were leading that table!

Last edited by PPS : 16th May 2013 at 15:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks