Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 21:23   #3016
Team-BHP Support

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

I agree. Kohli has to step down for RCB to go anywhere. Maybe in the next auction, they will overhaul the team.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 22:19   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Sanju Samson is the next best thing about Indian cricket, period. Such a talent needs proper nurturing and if not, then we will lose this extra ordinary player to the whims of the politics named Indian cricket !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:11   #3018
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, Punjab has no idea what hit them.

Tewatia just went from 0 to hero.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:12   #3019
BHPian

Today's has to be the craziest game of ipl 2020 so far. Also, very happy to see Sanju Samson's game progress. I want him in The team starting with the upcoming Australia tour.
Old 27th September 2020, 23:19   #3020
Distinguished - BHPian

Never a fan of the IPL slam bang cricket but will remember this match between RR & Kings 11 for only one reason and that is perhaps the best fielding effort by a player I have seen in a cricket match ever. What a piece of fielding genius by Nicholas Pooran- absolutely smashing.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 27th September 2020 at 23:21.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:29   #3021
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely ridiculous game. Nothing short of a miracle! Has to be one of the greatest IPL games.
Old 27th September 2020, 23:31   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Sanju Samson is the next best thing about Indian cricket, period. Such a talent needs proper nurturing and if not, then we will lose this extra ordinary player to the whims of the politics named Indian cricket !!
He has been performing in most IPLs. It is not just the scores however the way he has got them. His temperament and skill is way too good to not be in the National Team. Now that Dhoni has retired, probably BCCI should realise that Samson is the first choice and Pant the second. Keeping my fingers crossed and want to see Samson and Mayank both in blue soon.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:21   #3023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
He has been performing in most IPLs. It is not just the scores however the way he has got them.
Have been following his career not only for the IPL but his first class career as well for the past few seasons. He is a special talent and should be handled properly. Some of the actions by the state authorities regarding him being banned for disciplinary actions and all should have been avoided in my view and almost resulted in him going kaput.

It’s to his credit that despite being regularly ignored by the National selectors, he continues to flourish in the IPL. I sincerely hope he gets to play his deserved place in the Indian team in place of overhyped Pant.

Quote:
Guy like Mayank Agarwal who was a heavy scorer in the domestic circuit season after season, got into the Test team by literally breaking open the door.
Absolutely agree about Mayank Agarwal and that is why said that with proper guidance Sanju Samson will flourish like anything. Look at KL Rahul, he was wasted early during his India stint because of some strange fascination of selectors with certain players. A player of the caliber of Rayadu was discarded and that is why I hope Sanju Samson doesn’t go the same way.

A player of his talent deserves a long rope if not longer. Some players have the ability to change the game on its head and Sanju is one such player and the vagaries of Indian cricket will do well to give him his deserved place.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 28th September 2020 at 00:35.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:23   #3024
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no doubting his talent & range of strokes. But he needs to do better than 1-2 good innings per IPL! I'm not sure if the Indian team management will give him the long rope like they gave to Pant. Also, don't know much about his domestic record. Guy like Mayank Agarwal who was a heavy scorer in the domestic circuit season after season, got into the Test team by literally breaking open the door.
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:50   #3025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Never a fan of the IPL slam bang cricket but will remember this match between RR & Kings 11 for only one reason and that is perhaps the best fielding effort by a player I have seen in a cricket match ever. What a piece of fielding genius by Nicholas Pooran- absolutely smashing.
Oh yes, nothing I have seen before, world class.

Old 28th September 2020, 00:59   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Today's tie between King's X1 and RR was a cracker of a match.

Rahul Tewatia, a name not to be forgotten any time soon. i've never seen a guy redeeming himself like that after almost taking his team to the jaws of defeat and then miraculously fashioning a great escape act and got them over the line.

Sanju was graceful and brutal at the same time as always. Hope he stays consistent and that should enable him to book a ticket to the world T20.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th September 2020 at 01:00.
Old 28th September 2020, 02:17   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Let's not forget Pant has been highly consistent in IPL and among top scorer for Delhi since few IPL seasons. Samson hasn't don't a great deal in IPL consistently and his domestic record isn't flattering either. Plus he recently got couple of chances to perform in Indian team which he squandered. But, this time maybe if he is consistent he can get a recall again. Though I don't see either of them getting a chance with KL Rahul keeping in ODI's and T20's recently.

I too agree with everyone. If this season is a bust then RCB should release Kohli. However, they won't, he brings a lot of sponsors, fans and money for the franchise. Even if they don't win the trophy they won't be complaining.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 02:53   #3028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Tewatia just went from 0 to hero.
Villain to hero you mean? He was amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Let's not forget Pant has been highly consistent in IPL and among top scorer for Delhi since few IPL seasons. Samson hasn't don't a great deal in IPL consistently and his domestic record isn't flattering either. Plus he recently got couple of chances to perform in Indian team which he squandered.
Samson has always looked good, but never shown conisitency. I think Pant and Samson will be #1 and #2 as India's choice for keepers in limited overs.

We shouldn't put too much stress on KL Rahul by giving him the gloves in ODIs. I think he should just focus on opening with Rohit in ODIs. The time to drop Dhawan has (unfortunately) come.
Old 28th September 2020, 04:15   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Will a Premium membership be ad free. Last year we used VIP and there were explicit ads between overs in the guise of mankind oharma
I have the ₹1499 Hotstar plan. And I still get ads between overs. I do not have Star Sports on my Tata Sky so can’t comment on ads there.
The ads during IPL on Hotstar are the usual ones with a lot of Dream 11 ads in between. I haven’t seen the kind of ads you are alluding to - so far.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 07:48   #3030
Distinguished - BHPian

Mayank's 100
Rahul's 50
The way RR pulled back KXIP in the last 4 overs of the 1st Innings
Nicholas Pooran's unbelievable save
Smith's 50
Samson's 50
All the good things were just overshadowed by 1 over from Cotrell when Tewatia redeemed himself and how!!

Thankfully I didn't get up and go and sleep or else I'd have missed watching one of the best matches in IPP History.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Quick question on watching IPL on Hotstar on a firestick. Which membership will be ad free? Want to avoid those adultish mankind ads etc.
Will a Premium membership be ad free. Last year we used VIP and there were explicit ads between overs in the guise of mankind oharma
Star Sports Select where there's Dugout commentary is the only ad free option AFAIK.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed