Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 10:01   #3076
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Saini is unlikely to play today's game for RCB Vs MI due to a thumb injury and most probably Steyn or Umesh will take his place - worrying thing is that they've been run giving machines so far (when they played games in the earlier part of the tournament).

Last edited by NPV : 28th October 2020 at 10:03.
Old 28th October 2020, 22:06   #3077
AZT
BHPian

I've started finding IPL ads more and more irritating and have started muting my TV when the over ends. It's as if our media guys can't let a second go waste, would literally pay extra to see whats happening on the ground instead of these incessant same ads.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 23:11   #3078
Distinguished - BHPian

I just can't stand this guy Hardik Pandya. Just so arrogant and annoying. He sometimes hits the ball cleanly but otherwise I just Don't like him one bit. Having an "Attitude" is one but being arrogant is another. He probably thinks it's the former but unfortunately it's the latter! In today's MI vs RCB, it started with his first ball against Morris. Morris just made a small gesture of throwing the ball back when Pandya had defended it back. From there it ended till Pandya got out to Morris. Australians will definitely target to "mentally disintegrate" this guy in the upcoming series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I've started finding IPL ads more and more irritating and have started muting my TV when the over ends. It's as if our media guys can't let a second go waste, would literally pay extra to see whats happening on the ground instead of these incessant same ads.
Star sports select 1 HD with No breaks is hence the best option
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 23:21   #3079
Team-BHP Support

For the first time, I'm watching live sports streaming it on TV. Must say that it's almost as good as DTH, and a lot less irritating.
Old 28th October 2020, 23:31   #3080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I just can't stand this guy Hardik Pandya. Just so arrogant and annoying. He sometimes hits the ball cleanly but otherwise I just Don't like him one bit. Having an "Attitude" is one but being arrogant is another.
Hardik Pandya is the result of the over obsessed media going crazy over some innings and projection of the image of a superstar and the next big thing in cricket. I have, over the years, seen many of his ilk but with the advent of T-20 and big bucks in IPL, one or two innings wonder like him think of themselves as being greater than the game and that’s where the problem lies.

Vinod Kambli was way more talented than all of these kids put together like a Pant or a Yusuf Pathan or a Krunal/Hardik Pandya but then he also became the victim of his own stardom and never could realise his potential. The players mentioned above are being paid way more than they deserve and that is where the arrogance comes from in my view. Hardik displays the most, rest of them not so but still. I am glad, KL Rahul came back strong after being wayward because he is too good a player to be not playing for India regularly.
Old 28th October 2020, 23:40   #3081
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Damn I did not know this. Currently watching it on normal Star Sports 1 HD on Tata Sky. Subscribing to Select 1 HD now.
Old 28th October 2020, 23:53   #3082
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
For the first time, I'm watching live sports streaming it on TV. Must say that it's almost as good as DTH, and a lot less irritating.
Hotstar will still show ads, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Hardik Pandya is the result of the over obsessed media going crazy over some innings and projection of the image of a superstar and the next big thing in cricket.
Unfortunately Hardik is the only half decent Seam Bowling All-rounder in the country. There is no one else in the horizon. Hence, the hype!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 23:54   #3083
BHPian

Quote:
Having an "Attitude" is one but being arrogant is another

Quite agree. But both sides showed this un wanted aggression. Morris too and well before his over to pandya , especially when he took a catch of krunal pandya. I guess a lot of them in IPL belongs to this aggression club anyway.. I only found Rabada the cool headed one so far.

In today's match the most annoying thing to me was Virat's angry gestures / stares towards Suryakumar who batted beautifully. I am also not liking Rohit exclusion for Australia tour. He may or may not have a hand in this but i am on a path to exit Virat fan club. Or maybe I am getting old. In any case glad we witnessed Rahul dravid's time in cricket and also Saurabh Ganguly's captaincy and his team.
hondafanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 23:56   #3084
Senior - BHPian

It is not that bad on Hotstar Premium. You get at most 1 advt of about 15-30 seconds between overs.

That said, the 2.5 minutes of break during the innings that they take is filled up with the Ads.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:12   #3085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hotstar will still show ads, right?
Yes, but way less than regular TV.

Quote:
Unfortunately Hardik is the only half decent Seam Bowling All-rounder in the country. There is no one else in the horizon. Hence, the hype!
Yes, he is right up there talent wise. Even if he does not bowl, he does not have competition as a hitter at 5/6 so is irreplaceable currently.

I think a lot of them try and follow the Virat model of aggression but forget that Virat is the most professional Indian cricketer that I have seen when it comes to his work ethics. Yes, he is not the ideal captain and gets too emotional at times, but I still like him and respect his dedication to the game.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:21   #3086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but way less than regular TV.

Yes, he is right up there talent wise. Even if he does not bowl, he does not have competition as a hitter at 5/6 so is irreplaceable currently.

I think a lot of them try and follow the Virat model of aggression but forget that Virat is the most professional Indian cricketer that I have seen when it comes to his work ethics. Yes, he is not the ideal captain and gets too emotional at times, but I still like him and respect his dedication to the game.
Virat really needs to tone down his aggression, at least in IPL, majority of the players in other team are India Team players. You are the Indian cricket team captain, show some respect. It also is irritating, and the constant use of cuss words on national TV is a real bad precedence for young ones watching the match. They start believing using cuss words is a part of the game.

We as oldies do understand the hardwork he puts in behind the scenes and his dedication towards the game, but my 7 yr old only sees the way he behaves on the field, and that is what he takes in.

RCB would not win till he is the captain, he just is a bad example, and problem is till he is the captain of Indian team, RCB won't remove him as captain of club team. Agony is for us fans to suffer.

Last edited by AtheK : 29th October 2020 at 00:23.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 00:28   #3087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Shivam Dubey was selected and then dumped unceremoniously without an extended run. You won’t get to know a player’s worth if he is not played. Admittedly, there is a dearth of good seam bowling all rounders but then I would hate to call Pandya one !!
Old 29th October 2020, 00:30   #3088
Team-BHP Support

I don't think it is possible for a naturally aggressive player to tone down his natural instincts when he is playing IPL and get it up again when he faces Australia. At least not Virat. For him, an IPL match is equally competitive and nothing wrong with that.

There are some signs of him toning down overall (e.g. Smith incident in the WC), but let's hope he does not let that impact his batting which will anyway see a natural decline with age.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:39   #3089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it is possible for a naturally aggressive player to tone down his natural instincts when he is playing IPL and get it up again when he faces Australia. At least not Virat. For him, an IPL match is equally competitive and nothing wrong with that.

There are some signs of him toning down overall (e.g. Smith incident in the WC), but let's hope he does not let that impact his batting which will anyway see a natural decline with age.
Maybe, but i don't see other captains acting like chimpanzees

I really hope RCB lets him go next year(I know it won't happen), i would rather retain ABD, Devdutt, Chahal and Saini and say bye to Mr. beard.
Old 29th October 2020, 01:00   #3090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Funny thing is IPL players promote "Mutual Fund Sahi hai" and AB promote TVS Jupiter
Virat will become father in few months, so he will tone down his aggression soon!

Quote:
I have subscribed to this HD channel but never watched IPL on it till today, thanks!

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th October 2020 at 01:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks