Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 13:42   #241
BANNED

Sreesanth goes and claps hands in the face and says 'hard luck', which is basically mocking done to irritate. Symonds is glad that somebody else did what he wanted to do. So Symonds is happy because without doing anything he killed 2 birds - Sreesanth got slapped, Harbhajan got banned . Irony is Harbhajan plays for Punjab in Ranji and the same team pressed for charges.

Funny part how Sreesanth was crying after getting slapped, even nursery kids do better. Also (after getting slapped) in his interview to English channels, Sreesanth claimed that he was 'happy' to be slapped by elder brother and all is well in the family. But for Malayalam channels (in Malayalam), he sobbed and claimed his self-respect was lost.

Talking about performance, Harbhajan's luck as captain of Mumbai just ran out against Punjab - Mumbai was losing closely, but now they lost by big margin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Nasty habit ? What ? Going up and saying Hard Luck to the opposition who you have just beaten ?
Today, its the match between losers - Deccan Chargers vs Mumbai Indians. It was basically between Symonds & Harbhajan . But Sreesanth has come between the two .

Also Mukesh Ambani paid $850,000 to Harbhajan & almost double that to Sachin and none of them are playing....
Old 27th April 2008, 14:03   #242
BHPian

Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Ganguly... what is going on guys. It pains me very bad when I see them in these 20-20 games. Such an iconic players reduced to nothing. Few more failures, and all their achievements in "REAL" cricket will be forgotten and they will become laughing stock. Very sad
Old 27th April 2008, 14:47   #243
Senior - BHPian

Well today the Mumbai Indians will again help the Deccan Chargers get their first win. The Mumbai team is in an obliging mood these days you see.

As for the Delhi v/s Mohali match - I feel it will be close and the contest will be settled by the team that bowls better today. I am backing Delhi.
Old 27th April 2008, 17:06   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Ganguly... what is going on guys. It pains me very bad when I see them in these 20-20 games. Such an iconic players reduced to nothing. Few more failures, and all their achievements in "REAL" cricket will be forgotten and they will become laughing stock. Very sad
Even I do not undertand why they are opening the innings. They very well know that this is not their cuppa tea. Better to sit in the bench as non-playing captain and hand over the captiancy to some youngster. The sooner these guys understand the better. In BRC's case, Virat has done a good job in U-19 why not he lead the team?
Old 27th April 2008, 18:18   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Sreesanth goes and claps hands in the face and says 'hard luck', which is basically mocking done to irritate. Symonds is glad that somebody else did what he wanted to do. So Symonds is happy because without doing anything he killed 2 birds - Sreesanth got slapped, Harbhajan got banned . Irony is Harbhajan plays for Punjab in Ranji and the same team pressed for charges.

This incident is very unfortunate but very interesting one with Pb team lodging a complaint against someone who will play with them pretty soon!!

Sree was overdoing it and he deserved it IMO.He gave a very long and hard look to one of MI batsman after clean bowling him.Infact many Indian bowlers inclu Munaf have been guilty of having a go at their own team members in IPL.

Unfortunately for Harbhajan destiny chose him to do it.Now he will get some sort of ban which is just the right thing at this time to discourage younger players.
Old 27th April 2008, 18:38   #246
Senior - BHPian

Harbhajan appears to have a huge ego and thinks he can get away with anything. It is time he was bought down a peg or two. The slapping is not a surprise afterall Harbhajan is an inspector with Punjab Police.

Last edited by bigman : 27th April 2008 at 18:40.
Old 27th April 2008, 19:40   #247
BANNED

Sachin hasn't played a game, why include him??? Of these, only Sachin can play like Sehwag. Lets see how he fares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Ganguly... what is going on guys.
Old 27th April 2008, 20:32   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Sree was overdoing it and he deserved it IMO.He gave a very long and hard look to one of MI batsman after clean bowling him.Infact many Indian bowlers inclu Munaf have been guilty of having a go at their own team members in IPL.
I see. How about harby get physical with either Symonds or Hayden and then see what happens ? Or else forget both of them and try to get physical with even the likes of Brett Lee and dear Harby would have his whatever handed out to him.

I just see this as another proof that an Indian is extremely quick to show off his machismo on a fellow Indian at the slightest provocation and be always on the ready to pounce upon and intimidate them but behave in a very deferential manner towards foreigners.

All over the world, the opposite of this is what happens.
Old 27th April 2008, 20:40   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I see. How about harby get physical with either Symonds or Hayden and then see what happens ? Or else forget both of them and try to get physical with even the likes of Brett Lee and dear Harby would have his whatever handed out to him.

I just see this as another proof that an Indian is extremely quick to show off his machismo on a fellow Indian at the slightest provocation and be always on the ready to pounce upon and intimidate them but behave in a very deferential manner towards foreigners.

All over the world, the opposite of this is what happens.
True, Harbhajan does not have the bottle to try slapping the likes of Symonds. Some of the aussies are keen on boxing and known to train in boxing gyms to keep fit.

It is time the indian board rid the game of this jumped up idiot who has done nothing but bring the game of cricket into disrepute.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:20   #250
Senior - BHPian

If you ask me, both of them should be banned. Sree for staring at opposition players and bhajji for slapping. This will teach both these guys some lesson to behave properly in future.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:25   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Sachin hasn't played a game, why include him??? Of these, only Sachin can play like Sehwag. Lets see how he fares.
Whether Sachin will be able to play or nor nobody knows except himself. Let him get fit first. Most of the times, he will be not fit to play any of the matches and these kind of slam & bang game requires the fitness levels to be improved quite a lot.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:28   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sree for staring at opposition players
If this is the yardstick the Australian team will be out of bowlers.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:52   #253
Senior - BHPian

MI set a target of 158 for the DC . Seems like DC will get through today finally!
Old 27th April 2008, 22:54   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Well today the Mumbai Indians will again help the Deccan Chargers get their first win. The Mumbai team is in an obliging mood these days you see.
I told you guys. Any team that wants to better their records (batsmen/bowlers/fielders) - come and play against Mumbai Indians.
Old 27th April 2008, 23:18   #255
Senior - BHPian

What a match. Gilly just slaughtered the MI. It was really a treat to watch . MI should go into hiding now

Most Viewed