Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 11:08   #526
BHPian

Apart from Cameron White the only other T20 player RCB has is Misbah; why was he made to sit out yesterday? at least he could have scored played better than Chandrapaul. Dravid is making a mess with his decisions. RCB is now doomed.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:15   #527
Senior - BHPian

Apparently there are reports that Misbah is uncomfortable being associated with a team that advertises liquor. The PCB also is getting into the act now. Maybe that's the reason he was kept out of the team ?
Old 9th May 2008, 11:17   #528
BHPian

But i guess that was sorted out, in yesterdays TOI PCB spokesperson have given a statement that he can go ahead as far as he does not take part in any ads for Liquor.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:22   #529
Senior - BHPian

misbah could walk into the RCB team in place of anyone there. Why is he made to sit in the bench ?

P.S nothing to do with the liquor part. He is wearing the team's colours, why cant he play ?
Old 9th May 2008, 11:22   #530
Senior - BHPian

Asked about his success in getting Rahul Dravid's wicket, Ganguly said "Rahul is one of the greatest players India has ever produced, and if he had got set, he would have taken the game away from us."

Both are crappy players in this format and praising each other I guess.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:26   #531
BHPian

Its a crappy version of cricket anyway. My opinion, but apart from the fact that people are making a lot of money, there is little entertainment I find in this cricket anymore.

I guess I am getting old, but somehow I feel one day was as far as cricket should have been taken. Now, to make the game balanced, they should sprinkle pebbles on the pitch so that batsmen are kept guessing which way the ball is going. There is no room for bowling strategy anymore.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:07   #532
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand what was mr boucher doing till the slog end of the match? Why didnt he start playing some of those shots before. Mr mallya take note. There is this icon in your team and fire him and all things will fall in place.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:08   #533
BHPian

Guys Did anyone notice how Cameroon White pushed the bowler who came to hug him after White got Ganguly run out, he should be thrown out of the team with that kinda attitude Grrrrrrrrrr.

And RCB better withdraw from the tournament to avoid further humiliation !!!!! its a waste of time watching them play
Old 9th May 2008, 12:12   #534
Senior - BHPian

A great win by KKR!
Though they were short of 20 - 30 runs, they made it up by superb fielding, disciplined bowling & great captaincy by Dada!

I owe some thanks to RCB for:
1. Dropping out Misbah & picking up Chanderpaul.
2. Dravid & Boucher coming ahead of Cameron White & Virat Kohli.
3. Dravid & Boucher again for showing us how to play cool when the asking rate is 8+.

Last edited by finneyp : 9th May 2008 at 12:14.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:37   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What a pathetic batting performance by RCB!
After Charu Sharma, it looks like Venkatesh Prasad is gonna be going soon. If you ask me, Rahul Dravid should sit out and let Boucher or Kallis lead the side.
Can't agree more to it. Rahul should be back only for test matches....
Old 9th May 2008, 12:45   #536
Senior - BHPian

Guys Did anyone notice how Cameroon White pushed the bowler who came to hug him after White got Ganguly run out,

i Did see it and i think that was done by mistake. One point was the team is down morally and your asking to sack a player who did something yesterday!!!
Old 9th May 2008, 13:37   #537
Senior - BHPian

@ the start of the league Mallya might have thought that he has got it right...oh! oh ! he was damn wrong as this is a format where Rahul,Jaffer, Anil dont fit in @ all.Lets accept facts, as Rahul is a class act when it is tests and somewhat a okie dokie when there are many overs still in ODI's but in this 20-20 format..
I think among the seniors in indian cricket, only Sachin's game fits into this format and a distant second is Sourav(earlier but not now). Rahul and Laxman dont fit in this format, ofcourse they are classy and they should know their limitation.
Luckily these guys opted out of the T20 world cup (no offence meant).
Old 9th May 2008, 13:48   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@ I think among the seniors in indian cricket, only Sachin's game fits into this format and a distant second is Sourav(earlier but not now). Rahul and Laxman dont fit in this format, ofcourse they are classy and they should know their limitation.
U just forgot our VIRU out here ..He's a class in himself cheers:
Old 9th May 2008, 14:09   #539
BANNED

I think that player was R Vinay Kumar - that shows the 'camaraderie' built by RCB leadership in the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Guys Did anyone notice how Cameroon White pushed the bowler who came to hug him after White got Ganguly run out, he should be thrown out of the team with that kinda attitude Grrrrrrrrrr.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:13   #540
BANNED

They did murmur. But BCCI threatened to oust them. Then they kept quite and India won the world cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Hey buddy, the seniors are Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly & Sachin. Sehwag doesn't fit here. Sehwag is the master, either in Tests or ODI or T20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
U just forgot our VIRU out here ..He's a class in himself cheers:

Most Viewed