Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 16:02   #751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Akshay Kumar stars opposite Preity Zinta (which film is that??)
My money is on Sehwag. Lets see what he pulls out the bag tomorrow.
diabloo - I thought you were a Yuvi supporter . How could you do this ?
Old 17th May 2008, 16:07   #752
Team-BHP Support

I think RR will win today.
Old 17th May 2008, 19:20   #753
BANNED

Test cricket supporters must have filled with pride on how RCB batted today . Only positive of this match for RCB is Dravid will win DLF Maximum Sixes Award. I wonder for how many days of planning did it take . But he started hitting sixes when 109 were required in 4 overs.

Dravid hit 6 sixes !!! I think Dravid is trying to prove a slow test batsman can score fast in T20. But his team is not giving him support.

Kumble gets his 1st wicket in T20 !! What a moment for him !!!

RCB lose by just 65 runs. Quite close....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think RR will win today.

Last edited by diabloo : 17th May 2008 at 19:36.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:03   #754
BANNED

Some updates:
  • DD v KXIP - match delayed due to rain in Delhi. Delhi folks can tell whether the rain will go away.
  • Andre Nel will join Mumbai .
  • Pietersen is being offered in excess of $4m to play in IPL from next year - the deal has been financed by one of India's wealthiest families, who want Pietersen to sign "at any price" . (Who is that family?)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is currently the most valuable player in the competition, earning in excess of US$1.5million a year
Old 17th May 2008, 20:06   #755
BANNED

WoW !!

Virender Sehwag has won the toss and Delhi will bat first .

Fasten your belts, get ready cheers:
Old 17th May 2008, 20:06   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Some updates:
  • DD v KXIP - match delayed due to rain in Delhi. Delhi folks can tell whether the rain will go away.
Rain has gone away i guess ..

Delhi will be batting first.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:14   #757
BHPian

Sehwag is due for a big one. Punjab better watch out for the Nawab of Najafgarh. I think this will be a close one. Good one for the neutrals
Old 17th May 2008, 20:24   #758
BANNED

Quote:
[*]Pietersen is being offered in excess of $4m to play in IPL from next year - the deal has been financed by one of India's wealthiest families, who want Pietersen to sign "at any price" . (Who is that family?)[/list]Mahendra Singh Dhoni is currently the most valuable player in the competition, earning in excess of US$1.5million a year
Does that mean that the limit of 20 crores is being lifted ... coz as per the rule book , the rule books are frozen for the next 3 years . And the rules say that a single team can spend only 20 crores which is roughly 5 million $ , and if the owner buys Kevin for 4M$ then for the rest he would only have 1 million .

Go Yuvi go ...
Old 17th May 2008, 20:27   #759
Senior - BHPian

Go Yuvi Go !!! Sehwag almost was gone if the fielder was correctly placed - for a second I thought he was gone but it was a 6.

Anyways - Go KX1P
Old 17th May 2008, 20:51   #760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Go Yuvi Go !!! Sehwag almost was gone if the fielder was correctly placed - for a second I thought he was gone but it was a 6.

Anyways - Go KX1P
He would have if Yuvi had held onto the skier ... , and now Sehwag going ballistic -- SOMEBODY STOP HIM !!
Old 17th May 2008, 21:15   #761
BANNED

The way he hits the ball, there is nobody who touch the ball .

Looks like your prayers are answered - rain stops play . But let me assure you, ballistics start soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Anyways - Go KX1P
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
He would have if Yuvi had held onto the skier ... , and now Sehwag going ballistic -- SOMEBODY STOP HIM !!
Old 17th May 2008, 21:18   #762
BANNED

$5m cap was for first year - there is no cap next year !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Does that mean that the limit of 20 crores is being lifted ... coz as per the rule book , the rule books are frozen for the next 3 years . And the rules say that a single team can spend only 20 crores which is roughly 5 million $ , and if the owner buys Kevin for 4M$ then for the rest he would only have 1 million .
The way Sehwag is going , looks like Yuvi needs more hugs and a shoulder to hide his face
Quote:
Go Yuvi go ...
Old 17th May 2008, 21:26   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Test cricket supporters must have filled with pride on how RCB batted today. Only positive of this match for RCB is Dravid will win DLF Maximum Sixes Award. I wonder for how many days of planning did it take. But he started hitting sixes when 109 were required in 4 overs.
diabloo,i was going to write same when i saw your post!!

But you have to agree that RCB dint have any luck.Infact RR's openers were not middling any delivery but still it was going for four runs whole inning.
And when RCB turn came for batting all their shots were mi**** and were caught.RR's were very very lucky in this match.

Talking about match between PB & Delhi,again lot of luck went Delhi's way.Yuvi should placed 3rd man fielder bit squarer when everyone was talking about Sehwag's dismissal.

And then poor fielding by him and VRV let Delhi batsmen to flourish at the cost of Pb bowlers.
Hope they would come with better plan after break otherwise match is almost over for them.
Old 17th May 2008, 21:27   #764
BANNED

Quote:
$5m cap was for first year - there is no cap next year !!

The way Sehwag is going , looks like Yuvi needs more hugs and a shoulder to hide his face
Oh , didn't know the cap was for one yr only !! So don't be surprised if others get more than 4 million , I can spot a lot of 4 mill plus players and some of them probably havn't even yet played for the country .

As for Yuvi needing to hide .. just REMEMBER that real men don't hide but then Im assuming you wouldn't know that . .

The game is far from over ... just hope the rain goes away for a few hrs more !!
Old 17th May 2008, 21:30   #765
BANNED

Meanwhile, during the break, enjoy Daily humor: Excerpts from Vijay Mallya's diary

Most Viewed