Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 16:48   #961
Senior - BHPian

I am supporting the RC and the KX1P today. And I would love to see the KX1P players smash Shoaib back to Pakistan.

btw - the owner of KKR is behaving like a spoilt brat. If he does not want to follow rules then why come to the ground ? He is the owner not the coach, strategist, non playing captain, butler of the team ! Does he think the rest of the owners are fools when they sit quietly away from the dressing room and the dug out ?
Old 25th May 2008, 17:00   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
btw - the owner of KKR is behaving like a spoilt brat. If he does not want to follow rules then why come to the ground ? He is the owner not the coach, strategist, non playing captain, butler of the team ! Does he think the rest of the owners are fools when they sit quietly away from the dressing room and the dug out ?
Its not that the owner is a brat, he is just helpless. Its a well known fact that he likes being in the company of men. Therefore, he just cannot resist the fact that he is being asked to refrain from his gladiators. Especially so because he paid handsomely for their services.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:09   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Its not that the owner is a brat, he is just helpless. Its a well known fact that he likes being in the company of men. Therefore, he just cannot resist the fact that he is being asked to refrain from his gladiators. Especially so because he paid handsomely for their services.
PRICELESS Sumit. That made my day - I fell down from my chair laughing.
Old 25th May 2008, 20:03   #964
Senior - BHPian

Chalo I won the bet for the 1st match. RC chased well this time.

Now my other choice for the night is batting. Come on KX1P - lets smash the KKR's.
Old 25th May 2008, 23:54   #965
Senior - BHPian

Wow, whatte match!

Dada has shown why he is called the DADA!

Dada was in full flow today, fantastic batting, and good allround display by Umar Gul!

Am sure KKR would come back stronger next year!

OT: Bad luck NC, Khaadu, rsjaurr etc!
Old 26th May 2008, 09:41   #966
Senior - BHPian

I swear never expected KKR to pull it off after Hussey had got out.
Awesome innings by Dada. Today is a big match for MI . They meet RR.
Not gonna be easy. But im still hoping MI gets thru this one .
Old 26th May 2008, 10:32   #967
BHPian

MI is on the backfoot now after their loss to DD. If they manage to win against RR today, they are alive else they are out of reckoning, unless Chennai lose their last match as well. DD have given themselves a fair chance.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:36   #968
BHPian

What a match!!
Even i never expected KKR to win this match especially after Chopra's dismissal.They needed 69 in 26 then and what next followed was nothing short of miracle.Next 5 b@lls went for 6,6,4,6,6 and thereafter Pb team was on defensive.

More than KKR batting it was the bowling of Chawla,Irfan and Sree which led to Pb loss and KKR's win.

Saurav had almost resigned and probably was planning to end the innings as not out but Umar Gul had other ideas.It was he who started it all and then Saurav followed him.

Pb bowlers never tried any yorker to Gul and gave either short or length b@lls with a tag "HIT ME".
Also too many slower deliveries by Irfan and Sree which they also did against same team in previous match but got away somehow but not this time.

In the last few matches Pb bowling has not been up to the mark in last few overs (while defending) and thats why Pb has few close matches,they had to loose one.

Quote:
OT: Bad luck NC, Khaadu, rsjaurr etc!
yeah.......better luck next time(In semi and final)

Last edited by rsjaurr : 26th May 2008 at 10:52.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:51   #969
Team-BHP Support

From the past few matches PB bowling and fielding have not been upto the mark.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:36   #970
BANNED

RCB chased easily and got 171 in 19 overs itself, even with Mr Nawab (Jaffer) running himself out and running Kallis out. Kumble seem to have the groove of T20 and is becoming a wicket taking mean machine. I think RCB needed 5 to 6 matches to understand T20, how to approach it and how to play it. 2 wins in 2 games - way to go . But they have to get their opening pair right - they have tried 10 different pairs in 13 games
Quote:
RC chased well this time.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:47   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
From the past few matches PB bowling and fielding have not been upto the mark.
Thats what happens if you have an all Indian bowling attack. We will play like India.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:04   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now my other choice for the night is batting. Come on KX1P - lets smash the KKR's.
LOL N_C rather quiet this morning? Now where is that other gentleman from Kotgarh I wonder......the beer & the dinner is on I hope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post

More than KKR batting it was the bowling of Chawla,Irfan and Sree which led to Pb loss and KKR's win.

Saurav had almost resigned and probably was planning to end the innings as not out but Umar Gul had other ideas.It was he who started it all and then Saurav followed him.
Brilliant analysis! Why not make it short & to the point & say "the better team won"?

Anyway, bad luck KKR. Apart from that ridiculous batting display in their last game agaisnt MI, they really haven't done too badly the past couple of weeks. The game against CSK was their's for the taking if D/L hadn't intervened literally out of the blue. Ditto the game vs DD, a real disappointment for the crowd at the Kotla who had braved the weather hoping for a few overs & a result. Better luck in the next IPL.

And its funny to see the KXIP fanboys suddenly beginning to criticize their bowling etc "in the last few games" - till yesterday, KXIP were the best team around!
Old 26th May 2008, 13:08   #973
Team-BHP Support

Well they have a place in the semi's don't they.
Even the team winning the finals will have weaknesses. As long as the strengths outnumber the weaknesses, its perfect
Old 26th May 2008, 13:13   #974
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling they are going downhill. Their weakness have started to outnumber their strengths. On the other hand, teams like KKR, RCB have actually started climbing.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:12   #975
BANNED

Dada couldn't have done it alone, Gul's big hitting sealed the match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Dada has shown why he is called the DADA!
KKR were at the receiving end for 37 overs. Only in the last 3 overs they came good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Brilliant analysis! Why not make it short & to the point & say "the better team won"?
Prem Panicker has got it right about the match:
Quote:
Larger chunks of Kolkata V Punjab [a study in how you can make pretty much every mistake in the book—bowl wrong lines, field as if wading through molasses, spend a large part of the chase helping the bowling side raise the ask rate from an easy 8+ to an uphill 14+ by the time the game got to the business end, and then pull off a win thanks to a couple of moments of incandescent inspiration—Umar Gul in the 17th and 18th overs; Sourav Ganguly, who had spent considerable time playing T20 in ODI mode, coming up with a great finishing burst at the very end].

Most Viewed