Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 10:23   #1021
Senior - BHPian

At the end of the day, I just hope that RR do not make it to the finals or (worst nightmare) win the inaugural IPL T20. At the risk of being called racist, I CANNOT DIGEST a team headed by an Aussie Captain & Coach (who I've hated all along) lifting the first IPL T20 cup - no way guys! I would rather support my adopted home town....or even CSK (since MI look like they're out of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Ganguly was looking lost until gul came out & blasted those 2 sixes.
Errr John, IIRC, Ganguly was blasting throughout - his strike rate was pretty good throughout. He whacked it right from the first over whenever he was on strike. Yes, couldn't have finished it off if Gul hadn't lasted out & blasted out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Dada couldn't have done it alone, Gul's big hitting sealed the match.

KKR were at the receiving end for 37 overs. Only in the last 3 overs they came good.
This is T20, welcome to reality. It doesn't matter who is good & who is not on paper, what counts is who is good on a particular day & manages to win. That's all.

Quote:
I feel it will between Sehwag & Dhoni in the finals and Sehwag will extract his revenge for making him sit at the T20 WC finals
Hilarious!

Last edited by suman : 27th May 2008 at 10:27.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:41   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Errr John, IIRC, Ganguly was blasting throughout - his strike rate was pretty good throughout. He whacked it right from the first over whenever he was on strike.

Go easy on the whiskey suman. Ganguly was on 45 from 40 ***** when the required rate was 14 plus. I dont call that whacking it. Yes, he started very well, but seeing the wickets fall around him, he was totally lost & looking blank. Gul provided him the spark.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:47   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He blamed he Sri Lankans for lacking in common sense . Sachin must remember, its the Lankans who have won ODI World Cup, at least once in their life time .
Alright i did get to see that and dude get your facts right before posting here. I dont think Tendulkar blamed the Lankans for lacking common sense.
Sheeze man sometimes your posts make me think that you work for Aaj Tak.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:47   #1024
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that RR will lose in the SF, like what happenend to Kiwis in the World Cup'92!

I too hate that sight of a arrogant aussie lifting the inaugral IPL!

Hoping for a DD vs KXIP final, and Yuvi lifting the Cup!
Old 27th May 2008, 12:49   #1025
BANNED

Sachin said his team lacked commonsense and didnt say the "Sri Lankans" lacked common sense, some of the replies here have more masala then our tv channels.

Quote: “We didn’t use common sense and common sense would have really helped us,” .

Please get your facts right before touching that keyboard.

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th May 2008 at 12:53.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:50   #1026
BANNED

54th match of IPL: DC v CSK at Hyderabad - Match at 8PM
Must win for CSK to ensure semi-final birth.
In their last match, DC lost nine wickets for 56 in eight overs , 5 wickets for 1 runs in 1.5 overs . What will they today?

Quote:
If CSK WIN their match against DC, DD play RR in semis.
If CSK LOSE their match against DC, DD play KXI in semis.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:55   #1027
BANNED

I was searching for the video clip to get the exact words. Here it is what i saw:
Sri Lankan duo (Fernando & Jayasuriya) bungled and handed over the victory to RR. In the presentation ceremony, Sachin tells, experienced must have common sense and bowl better line (Fernando bowled a wide in the last over). Nothing wrong with that line, except that it hit the Lankans indirectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Did Sachin really make a statement like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Alright i did get to see that and dude get your facts right before posting here. I dont think Tendulkar blamed the Lankans for lacking common sense.
Sheeze man sometimes your posts make me think that you work for Aaj Tak.

Last edited by diabloo : 27th May 2008 at 12:57.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:58   #1028
Senior - BHPian

All masalas are made from supposedly indirect remarks.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:00   #1029
BANNED

Deleted. esteem_lover said it.

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th May 2008 at 13:01.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:00   #1030
BHPian

While on Tendulkar,

Quote:
#For the nth time, I found some of Tendulkar’s bowling choices bizarre. Sitting in the dug-out as the game got into the 17th over, Andre Nel pointed out that his friend Ashish would likely bowl the 18th and 20th, and Dilhara would bowl the 19th. Seems about right, I thought, even as I wondered why Sanath Jayasuriya, who was exemplary in the way he slowed down the pace of the ball to almost a standstill to make life difficult for the opposition, had only bowled two. Turned out SRT had other ideas: Nehra, who even in his first spell seemed to be able to land in the blockhole at will, ended up an over short, and the less experienced Raje was given the job of bowling one of the death overs. And while on SRT as a bowling captain, he really has to stop bowling by proxy. I don’t know about Dilhara, who in that crucial final over was being flooded with so much advice he seemed paralyzed, but if I were a bowler and a captain insisted on coming up to me before each ball, telling me what to bowl and where and how, I’d toss him the ball and go, hey, you know so much, you do the damn thing yourself.
That and more on yesterday's game at:
http://www.prempanicker.com/index.ph...umbai_stumble/
Old 27th May 2008, 13:03   #1031
BANNED

Has Prem Panicker played an International Match ever, for that matter a first class game? I really dont care about armchair gods.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:13   #1032
Senior - BHPian

I put the blame on Sachin. First he bats like it is a 50 over match - even when MI were 60-0 in 10 overs , Sachin preferred the dibbly dobbly shots and in the end what happens ? Trivedi out smarts the greatest batsman in the world (not my words) with a slower ball.

Then when Uttappa comes in, Sachin indicates to him to stay on till the end. So Uttappa follows his captains orders with great sincerity and the scoring falls.

Watching the RR bat , they get most of their singles from long on and long off - still the LM doesn't have a short mid on / off to put pressure and cut the singles off.

Then he decides to bowl Nehra at the death, doesn't give Sanath a bowl at the death (slow pitch and all that) and finally even after talking to Fernando every ball of the last over - is not able to tell him to bowl a slower one or a short one !!

And the less said about Fernando's fielding the better. Couldn't stop a innocuous ball coming towards him at 5 kmph

And I would love to know what Harsha Bhogle is doing as consultant for the MI ? Guess plain speak is not allowed in the team meeting - else no team would have played Pinal Shah even if he was the last wicket keeper remaining for selection.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:19   #1033
BANNED

Its part of the game. Actually Sachin panicked yesterday. He was animated & agitated. May be that affected his decisions.
Sachin is cribbing: Cricinfo - Mumbai lodge complaint against third umpire (match against KXI)
Quote:
Tendulkar, the Mumbai captain, too felt aggrieved at the decisions. "The whole world has watched what it was all about," he said. "Everyone has seen what happened and in whose favour the decisions eventually went. Had we got those two run-out decisions our way, we would have added two more runs to the tally and won the match."
I saw nothing in the 3rd umpire's decisions. Is it old age getting to him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Indirectly or Directly didnt Fernando lose the match for them, bowling a wide in a crunch last over. Imagine what Yuvi or Sehwag or Malaya could have done in Sachin's place.
Is he covering his poor judgements? What would have Pollock done in that scenario? Maybe he would have won the match !!!

MI management bungled by handing over the reins to a weed. Pollock salvaged that. Did MI management bungle again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
That and more on yesterday's game at:
Smoke Signals

Last edited by diabloo : 27th May 2008 at 13:22.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:48   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Has Prem Panicker played an International Match ever, for that matter a first class game? I really dont care about armchair gods.
Sorry but couldn't resist this: To comment on Mr.George Bush for example, should I have been the US President too?
Old 27th May 2008, 13:56   #1035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Sorry but couldn't resist this: To comment on Mr.George Bush for example, should I have been the US President too?
I knew this was coming. To be frank yes, dont comment. What do you know when he said lets attack Iraq? everyone said he is a moron, still everyone is saying it, but who is the best judge he himself right? And dont tell me he gets up from bed and says lets attack Iraq and everyone agree's.

Please dont argue for the heck of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks