Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 13:59   #1036
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

guys... living in a democratic country everybody can make comments according to their view point. Arguing for the sake of it.... is not advisable.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:15   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Well i really wish Punjab comes to the finals against RR. Would love to see yuvi getting booed. It will actually teach him what club level games means.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:25   #1038
BHPian

Well, look at the poll results, three of the four lowest vote getters have qualified for the semis.

I hope chennai wins today. I feel DD will beat the RR in the semi finals and face KXIP in the final.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:35   #1039
BANNED

2nd match: Chennai Super Kings won by 33 runs
Chennai Super Kings 240/5 (20/20 ov); Kings XI Punjab 207/4 (20/20 ov)

31st match: Chennai Super Kings won by 18 runs
Chennai Super Kings 181/4 (20/20 ov); Kings XI Punjab 163/9 (20/20 ov)

CSK have won both their match against KXI. There is no reason why they can't do it again. After all Yuvraj is still Dhoni's deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
I hope chennai wins today. I feel DD will beat the RR in the semi finals and face KXIP in the final.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:37   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
I feel DD will beat the RR in the semi finals and face KXIP in the final.
You are diabloo's best friend ?
Old 27th May 2008, 14:40   #1041
BANNED

N_C, its time you accept DD were/are hot favorites to win IPL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
You are diabloo's best friend ?
Old 27th May 2008, 14:51   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Amidst all this talk about the non-performing 'greatest batsman' and his squealing team didnt any of you find time to say a few words about the OUTSTANDING effort from the two RR youngsters Patel and Jadeja?

This tournament has been all about young guns showing the so-called 'old pros' (of India - the other old Pros have been exemplary!) how it can be done.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:56   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
N_C, its time you accept DD were/are hot favorites to win IPL.
At the beginning of the tournament - yes. But then how do you call a team that has not secured a semi final place on their own steam a HOT FAVOURITE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Amidst all this talk about the non-performing 'greatest batsman' and his squealing team didnt any of you find time to say a few words about the OUTSTANDING effort from the two RR youngsters Patel and Jadeja?

This tournament has been all about young guns showing the so-called 'old pros' (of India - the other old Pros have been exemplary!) how it can be done.
Yes - they were outstanding to say the least. Calm nerves and sharp minds with confidence in their ability - was an exemplary performance from those 2 kids.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th May 2008 at 15:06.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:04   #1044
BANNED

Who can you fight RAIN-GOD? Maybe they must stage matched indoors. BTW, DD have earned their points - nobody gifted them.
Quote:
At the beginning of the tournament - yes. But then how do you call a team that has not secured a semi final place on their own steam a HOT FAVOURITE ?
Old 27th May 2008, 15:07   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Who can you fight RAIN-GOD? Maybe they must stage matched indoors. BTW, DD have earned their points - nobody gifted them.
They earned their points - yes but not enough to make it safe on their own steam buddy. As for rain Gods, they do not affect only DD - the other team playing is also affected.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:09   #1046
Senior - BHPian

They didn't play like Indians. They played like pakistanis, thats why.

But they did show our seniors how to handle pressure.

there have been quite a few youngsters that have done exceedingly well in this tournament. A.Nayar has been brilliant for MI. Asnodkar for RR, S.Dhawan for DD, M.Gony for CSK, the list goes on.

@N_C - Politics & personalities aside, DD are one of the better teams in the competition, better than CSK or RR certainly. I'd be extremely happy to see them in the semis even at the cost of my home team.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:15   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Well put, Steeroid. To display such calm and score 43 runs off 3 overs is truly remarkable.

Couple of quotes from Shane Warne (courtesy Cricinfo) - the first one easily explains why RRs have been the best team in IPL and the second one, which Patel and Jadeja would value much more than all the money they got playing in IPL :

"In our dressing room, the motto is Find a Way," said Warne. "Whether it's for one ball or three ball$, be the man, be the hero. Go out there and express yourself."

"Jadeja hit one shot over cover for six that showed unbelievable talent and skill, and then for Patel to hit him [Fernando] back over his head for six. I'm just very proud of those boys."

Go Warnie!

Last edited by CaAT : 27th May 2008 at 15:16.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:15   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@N_C - Politics & personalities aside, DD are one of the better teams in the competition, better than CSK or RR certainly. I'd be extremely happy to see them in the semis even at the cost of my home team.

If you think I am rooting for DC today, think again.
All I said is DD cannot be the HOT favourites to win.

EDIT - Just realised it can be either your home team or mine now in the semis - I would LOVE to see yours in the semis. Go CSK Go.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th May 2008 at 15:18.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:21   #1049
BANNED

Nice camaraderie building up on TBHP !!
Quote:
EDIT - Just realised it can be either your home team or mine now in the semis - I would LOVE to see yours in the semis. Go CSK Go.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:40   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Hoping for a DD vs KXIP final, and Yuvi lifting the Cup!
I would support for DD instead. Cant stand Yuvi s attitude !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks