Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 22:22   #1186
BHPian

Parthiv Patel seems to be trying all in his power to throw his wicket away but somehow the KXI haven't been able to get his wicket, looks like it's only a matter of time b4 he goes back to the dugout with they way he's been batting Wodda hell's he thinking , someone needs to give him a chill pill and tell him to take it slow.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:56   #1187
BHPian

That's it. Tomorrow we will know who wins the 2008 DLF IPL. Rajasthan vs Chennai. May the best team win.

As for the others, it goes on the show that you need to play the game on the field and nothing else matters.
Old 31st May 2008, 23:05   #1188
BHPian

[quote=SumitB;849346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post

That was not me, but I assume Suman meant the prince and his boss but I am not sure. Suman, clarify please. I would also like to know
Got it
Now that the Supah Kings are thru , I can safely take off my RS 10 Lakh Gucci Sunglasses "lookalike" (didn't buy them from Harrods but our very own Chor Bazaar for Rs 500) that I had been wearing all this time to filter out the "UV" rays that would bother my gentle eyes every time he tried to act "a$$Tylish" on TV. What a relief for my pair of optics -> they were tired of his "unnecessary" attitude too.

Hats OFF To DHONI !!!!!! Best'o Lux to both teams 4 tomrrow
Old 1st June 2008, 00:26   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
A certain die-hard supporter of the KLPD oops, excuse me, KXIP seems conspicious by his absence. Normally he's like a timer whenever the wickets fall. What's up Saazid, another "crisis" at the farm?
Now now Suman, it's not polite to point fingers!! Maybe he did have some urgent work sitting at the farm watching telly & drinking KF!

Quote:
Well, Twenty-twenty, the great leveller, here's to the RR getting wiped out tomorrow
Amen! Go Dhoni!

Quote:
Amongst all that - HATS OFF TO SANGAKARRA, a true cricketer.
Undoubtedly, the man deserves a round of applause, most players would never have walked. Bravo!
It shows that for some people honesty is still bigger than winning at all costs.

Quote:
OT: Last seen on the sidelines of Wankhede - a certain spoilt brat Captain crying on team-owner-Mumma's shoulder & weeping "Fit Itna Mast, no adjust, no adjust......"

LOL & back to serious drinking now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Go run to your momma, have your nappies changed mr.hunk!
Hahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
That's it. Tomorrow we will know who wins the 2008 DLF IPL. Rajasthan vs Chennai. May the best team win.

As for the others, it goes on the show that you need to play the game on the field and nothing else matters.
Well said Sumit! It's what you do on the field that matters not your arrogance & whining off it!
Old 1st June 2008, 01:05   #1190
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Gosh! Whatz happening!

Am getting a strange feeling if the SF matches are fixed?
How can you say the matches are fixed? Some say its typical Indian mentality. Advocate will be here soon, I hope so.

Nice to see UV run out of words. Just dont know what to say. It will take more than hugs to heal it.

Now just to see Warnie lift the cup! Go Warnie!!
He deserves it. He is the best captain in the IPL.
Old 1st June 2008, 01:16   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Thank you,dear CSK supporters.
Please cheer for the kings tomorrow.
Old 1st June 2008, 01:16   #1192
BANNED

Quote:
Did you say KKR were rooting for KXI N_C? LOL

A certain die-hard supporter of the KLPD oops, excuse me, KXIP seems conspicious by his absence. Normally he's like a timer whenever the wickets fall. What's up Saazid, another "crisis" at the farm?

!
No emergency .. just that I was watching at a friends and internet wasn't working ... I aint like SOME PEOPLE who go hiding when their team loses ... So what if they lost , next year is always there .

Bad day at work on the wrong day ... Aggressiveness cost them the match but then thats what the team was all about , just didnt work for them when it mattered .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Yesterday diabloo, today Saazid.
Sorry Sumit .. Im not anywhere close to that ! I support - WIN or LOSE cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
yeah - Saazid ?? You too ?

Not that easy to make me dissapear ... never mind that they lost today ! Tomorrow its time to don blue and get the yellows scurrying for cover ....

cheers
Old 1st June 2008, 01:20   #1193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
How can you say the matches are fixed? Some say its typical Indian mentality. Advocate will be here soon, I hope so. .
Here I am ... I really wonder what makes one say that matches were fixed ???
Old 1st June 2008, 09:46   #1194
BHPian

I wonder what the scene was at Wankhede yesterday. Was the crowd supporting the KXIP after what Yuvi said about them in the last match against Mumbai?
Old 1st June 2008, 10:08   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Sumit,

Didn't you hear the HUGE boooooos when Yuvi was at the crease and when he walked up for a chat at the presentation after the match.
Old 1st June 2008, 10:18   #1196
BHPian

I did not hear anything as I was at my in-laws. Could watch the match but on mute :(

I am sure Yuvi will be cursing the day when he commented on the crowd the other day. Maybe, silently in his mind he is blaming the crowd for their loss. Serves him right though!
Old 1st June 2008, 11:09   #1197
BHPian

Congrats CSK and their fans!!

They played better on the day which really matters even though KXIP is a far better team than CSK.

well.......my worst fears came true.KXIP never had a bad day like all the other teams had.Un-forunately it happened in the semifinal.

More than CSK winning it was due to some pathetic batting display by KXIP batsmen.If you look at their dismissals,they dint get out to wicket taking deliveries, instead they seemed to be on some suicidal mission.Even the latter batsmen could not apply themselves and were out to poor running or bad shots.

but its really commendable for a team to reach semi after 1st two losses.It was the team which was on the way up and CSK was the team going down as Jadjea said before the match.Latter had won only 4 matches out of last 10 they played.

Hats off to Yuvi and his team for being the best entertainer of IPL.
Old 1st June 2008, 14:20   #1198
BHPian

This is a bit off-topic but interesting:

An article on the front page of The Hindustan Times (saturday) mentioned that BCCI made 350 crore rupees from the IPL (No surprises there) while "unofficial" betting made bookies richer by almost 23,000 Crore Rupeees.

(Stats do not take into account SF and Finals). A bookie also reveals "that at the outset -> RCB was favorites to win the IPL while RRoyals were at last place. Before the SF, Mohali were favorites to win the Tournament while the last on the list of four was Team Chennai (Delhi was at no 2).
Old 1st June 2008, 17:43   #1199
Senior - BHPian

RCB ? Favorites ? The bookies were smashed or what ??
Old 1st June 2008, 18:44   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Go CSK go! Time to make that overweight Aussie redundant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
its time to don blue and get the yellows scurrying for cover ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks