Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:31   #1261
Senior - BHPian

diabloo - your views on the wrong end of the barrel that the world's best batsman was pointing towards the RR ?

Haven't really seen you talk about that. Why ?
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:31   #1262
Senior - BHPian

After thousands of crores wasted, we can finally carry on with our lives... I am glad its over. Too much of cricket if you ask me.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:47   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Mukesh Ambani wanted to be one up against his brother. When that happened, he was happy.
LOL you crack me up dude with your inane comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
On the stage where all the closing ceremony tamasha was held, Reliance written was very prominently.

\N
Not surprising considering Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has the marketing rights of all the matches played in Mumbai.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:01   #1264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
After thousands of crores wasted, we can finally carry on with our lives... I am glad its over. Too much of cricket if you ask me.
the overdose was just too much. More crores in the kitty of players and organizers

Now we can expect the traffic to be back on roads from 3pm-11pm and movie stars demanding their rightful attention
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:03   #1265
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh it's over? I was just convincing myself to see one match at least.
Does it start again next year?
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:09   #1266
BHPian

Yes, they will have the next edition in the month of April, 2009.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:12   #1267
BANNED

Anybody can tell how hard it is to predict a T20 game. In yesterday's game too, it could have happened Tanvir edge the last ball to wicket keeper. In the semi-final match, DD dropped one too many catches. Their main bowler went for runs. Their another bowler was injured. While batting, Sehwag swung one hard. Any other day it would have sailed over the ropes. But on that day, the fielder covered good ground to catch it. Rest of the batsmen didn't find their touch.

Maybe the problem was with Wankede pitch - the pitch was good enough for first 15 overs only. RR batmen struggled in last 5 overs. DD batmen struggled thru' their 20 overs. In the game next day, KXI (who batted first) on the same pitch struggled to last their 20 overs. Only the low score ensured CSK get it.

Probably Wankede curator decided the fate of this IPL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Haven't really seen you talk about that. Why ?

Last edited by diabloo : 2nd June 2008 at 17:14.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:47   #1268
BANNED

DD and diabloo: Nach Na Jaane Angaan Teda.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:03   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, hat's off, you're one of a kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
DD and diabloo: Nach Na Jaane Angaan Teda.
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:11   #1270
BHPian

Quote:

#If
#If
#If

#If
#If

I not surprised that Dhoni has a World Cup in his kitty, while the illustrious is still searching for one for past 20 years.

I can add a whole page of ifs against CSK from their league games, RCB/MI/KKR/DD quite many of them, failing which they wouldn't be at the (semi)final at all

RR has been the most convincing throughout the tournament, and they earned their win, no two thoughts about that.

and what exactly was Dhoni's contribution with the bat in t20 wc? I don't see how everything the team does is attributed to Dhoni, CB series is another example.

I aint a supporter of the illustriuos one either

Quote:
One interesting fact about this IPL is that franchises who invested heavily in their captains, made to the top .

RR - Emerging Media understod the importance of captain. Hence they picked up Shane Warne cheap and made him both the captain & coach.

CSK - India Cements bought Dhoni, the most expensive player to captain the side.

DD & KXI - Insisted Sehwag & Yuvraj be icons and got them removed from auction and made their captains.

Deccan Chronicles understood the tangle they were getting into and got Laxman off the icon list. But they couldn't remove him from captaincy.

Mallya, SRK & Ambani wanted IPL mainly for surrogate advertising and didn't really bother about icons & captaincy.

As things stand, they don't any chance next year too, since the I-CONs want try their hands once more
Dude, how do you manage to come up with these things?

RR - Shane warne was paid almost 25% of Dhoni, and approximately one third of Sachin/yuvraj/dravid/ganguly. Kaif is the costliest player for RR followed by Yusuf pathan.

CSK - They wasted on one player that once the aussies left they were found wanting for batsmen/bowler. Total runs scored against money paid makes Dhoni the most useless player of IPL. Shaun Marsh 616 runs for 12laks, Dhoni not even 400(donno exactly) for 6 crores lol!

DD - Insisted Sehwag be the captain so that he could throw the match against Chennai and few other teams by mesing up the bowling at death. those mistakes had almost cost them their semis berth.

KXP - Less said the better, captaincy was more or less done by Mahela and Kumar, cry baby attitude, shouting at fielders like he will rip their pants off. jumping around along with sree(although he sobered down after the slap) as if they got their first pubic hair

Also Tom Moody, he is the mastermind behind it all, picking up talents like Shaun Marsh and Pomersbach(who were solely responsible for KXP wins in second half)

DC - Dude how can you blame Laxman for this team, he did not even play most of the games, it was captained by an aussie, the team had the best t20 players on paper.

Just because their teams won(not by their own efforts) its wrong to keep those icons in high regard and blame the other icons. If anything sourav/dravid have done better than icons like yuvraj.

supposing the other teams get through in the next year, I am sure you will have equally absurd things to say about the teams that dont get through

Quote:
Ok I just fell off my chair. No comments lol.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:11   #1271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Dude, hat's off, you're one of a kind!
Don't tell me you are now jealous of him
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:33   #1272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Go CSK go! Time to make that overweight Aussie redundant!
hahahaha ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What a match! What a final! Rajasthan Royals really deserved the tournament!

What was Dhoni thinking giving Balaji the last over?
He could have given him the 18th .. RR would have won with 2 overs to spare ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Australia, New Zealand do not have the population to support something like IPL. Only England can do something like this.
But then, how can anyone match the richness of cricket in India. It will be very difficult for players to turn down IPL and the cash it offers.
T20 started in England .. they already have a full season of T20 but its no where as BIG as this was -- after all the money/fans/corporates is only in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I hear that Sahara is getting the Kanpur team and Anil Ambani getting the Ahmedabad team next year ?
A few yrs to go before that happens ..

Quote:
Anybody can tell how hard it is to predict a T20 game. In yesterday's game too, it could have happened Tanvir edge the last ball to wicket keeper. In the semi-final match, DD dropped one too many catches. Their main bowler went for runs. Their another bowler was injured. While batting, Sehwag swung one hard. Any other day it would have sailed over the ropes. But on that day, the fielder covered good ground to catch it. Rest of the batsmen didn't find their touch.

Maybe the problem was with Wankede pitch - the pitch was good enough for first 15 overs only. RR batmen struggled in last 5 overs. DD batmen struggled thru' their 20 overs. In the game next day, KXI (who batted first) on the same pitch struggled to last their 20 overs. Only the low score ensured CSK get it.

Diabloo @ Hope to see you at the next edition of the IPL .. till then ADIOS
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:35   #1273
BHPian

I guess its time to close the IPL thread and shift focus to the Cricket thread. The action can continue there. What say you all!
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:46   #1274
BANNED

We haven't heard the last word of IPL, why close the thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I guess its time to close the IPL thread and shift focus to the Cricket thread.
One thing has changed after IPL - if any lazy selector claims that there is no talent in the country, then people will smack on his face
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:53   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing has changed after IPL - if any lazy selector claims that there is no talent in the country, then people will smack on his face
I wouldnt want to get into the talent and skill debate all over again. If you think T20 is a test of talent and skill then you are horribly wrong my friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks