Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 15:48   #31
BHPian

Re: IndiaPost v/s DHL, FedEx for International Courier

I receive my magazine subscription via IndiaPost to Europe every month. (Worth noting that they provide tracking but I have never had to use it).
Old 27th August 2014, 19:34   #32
BHPian

I've decided to use FedEx or DHL for the Canadian envelope as it's timebound, and have sent the US envelope via "Registered" post by IndiaPost as it was cheap at Rs.153 for 135grams, v/s Rs.650+ via Speedpost.

Thanks guys!
Old 28th August 2014, 09:10   #33
BHPian

Don't ever use India post for sending/receiving any parcels internationally. I had to send a small parcel to a friend in Africa last year. I used India Post, paid Rs.800/- and got a receipt. After about 1.5 months, frustrated that he had not acknowledged receiving it, I checked with them. They asked me to check after 10 days. My friend did the same at his end. Within 2 days, I got a mail from him with photos of the parcel torn apart and contents removed. The photos were taken by authorities at the airport, to show proof that it had landed there in that state.

No one could tell where the mishap had taken place, both authorities blaming each other. We lost money and the contents, however, it was the frustration that we couldn't take.

Use Fedex/DHL!
Old 28th August 2014, 12:15   #34
BHPian

Well, I just found out from Fedex that the Canada package would take only Rs.2840 for shipping, vs. Rs.1253 for IndiaPost Speedpost.

Don't know what to do here, this seems like a high price to pay for shipping!
Old 28th August 2014, 15:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
"Registered" post by IndiaPost as it was cheap at Rs.153 for 135grams, v/s Rs.650+ via Speedpost.
its going to take a while before it reaches- you should have gone for speed post in my opinion

Quote:
Fedex that the Canada package would take only Rs.2840 for shipping, vs. Rs.1253 for IndiaPost Speedpost
If time is important go with FedEx or DHL - FedEx serves more locations in Canada . Also check with DTDC - in past they had contract with DHL so you might save something
Old 28th August 2014, 23:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Well, I just found out from Fedex that the Canada package would take only Rs.2840 for shipping, vs. Rs.1253 for IndiaPost Speedpost.

Do not worry, go ahead and use EMS Speed Post to Canada and it will be delivered within 4-6 days. It can be tracked too.
Old 29th August 2014, 09:22   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post

I am not sure if you checked out the recommendation i had made earlier, for First Flight Couriers.

http://www.firstflight.net/international.asp

They do serve Canada as well. I had used their services to send important documents to Australia.
Old 29th August 2014, 12:32   #38
BHPian

I second the opinion of tsk1979. I have received an item through aramex and it was fast also. Then I searched on the internet and they have a website with tracking also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks