Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 16:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hotel staff deflated my tire?

We had a small party at Atria Hotel Bangalore. I had an argument with the security while parking (I took a spot I liked instead of parking in a lousy spot he asked me to) and after the party I found one of the tires fully flat and they claim it is a puncture. And I know for sure those morons have deflated it. I almost bashed up the security chap, but then I thought not worth ruining the day (it was our baby's naming ceremony party) so I just drove another car (that was chauffeured) and asked that driver to bring the vehicle home after fixing the spare.

the car is Laura which has TPMS, so I would have known if it were a case of slow pressure loss. and i have no reason to believe there would be a sudden drop of pressure (fully flat) because i just drove for <10KM in slow-motion city traffic.

On the other hand, i hope it was indeed a puncture and not a punishment for disobeying the mighty security.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2008, 16:48   #2
BHPian

It could have been the hotel guy, but do you have proof? It could have got punctured on its own (driven over a nail or something just when you parked), which is more likely to be an acceptable cause.

I know how you must be feeling. You took out the anger on the guy which is fine. Cool down now!
Old 5th April 2008, 18:45   #3
LLL
BHPian

Well you should still make a written complaint to the hotel. That will -

1. teach the security not to ask guests to park on lousy spots when better spots are available
2. teach the security that service starts from parking and they better not argue with guests
3. mean a disciplinary action if hotel finds out that the chap actualoly deflated the tyres..he might have done this with others as well and may actually go on to bigger things like breaking windshields or even stealing from cars.
Old 5th April 2008, 20:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Unless you burst the sidewall or have a major leakage in the valve, sudden loss of air is quite impossible. In all probability, it must have been the miffed security guard.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Well its pretty simple - to figure out if it was a puncture or if he deflated the tyre, all you have to do is refill the tyre!
After you figure out that result, then start thinking about the next step.

cya
R
Old 6th April 2008, 00:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

A punctured tubeless tyre even under driving would not deflate very fast right... so it points to foul play. Atleast he just deflated and didnt inscribe or damage your baby.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:57   #7
BANNED

Please get a CCTV video clip showing the Hotel staff removing air. Or get a witness who has seen the Hotel staff doing it. Till then you have no proof against the Hotel staff. Without proof you don't have a case.

Only thing you can prove now is TPMS didn't work. So, please file a case against Skoda that even though the tyre lost the pressure, their TPMS did report.

Well, it could actually be the failure of TPMS rather than the mischief of Hotel staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
the car is Laura which has TPMS, so I would have known if it were a case of slow pressure loss.
Old 6th April 2008, 17:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

i just filled air in that "supposedly punctured tire" and fitted it back on the car and it has been running fine for the past 24 hrs with out any problem or loss of pressure.

and apart from deflating the tire, they also added few scratches to the quarter panel (the one with the fuel lid)

i might write a stinker to that hotel.. but thats about it. stuff happens. it could have been worse ;-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2008 at 01:59.
Old 6th April 2008, 19:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i just filled air in that "supposedly punctured tire" and fitted it back on the car and it has been running fine for the past 24 hrs with out any problem or loss of pressure.

and apart from deflating the tire, they also added few scratches to the quarter panel (the one with the fuel lid)

i might write a stinker to that hotel.. but thats about it. stuff happens. it could have been worse ;-)
Please raise the issue with the hotel formally. Through your lawyer, if necessary. You should not let this sort of behaviour go unpunished.

While we do not know what you said or did to the security chap for him to carry out this bit of mischief, you simply cannot take this lying down.

PS: if you drive expensive or big cars, always carry a portable air compressor - it is a huge advantage over disgruntled idiots such as these. It has helped me once and in the most unexpected place - we had our tyre deflated when the car was parked outside the Rimpoche's house in one of the monastaries of Kushalnagara, Coorg. It had to be one of the impish tibetian children watching us from a distance - their glee turned to disbelief as I inspected the tyre, pulled out the compressor and filled it again in about 3 minutes.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2008 at 01:59. Reason: quote edited
Old 6th April 2008, 22:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Androdev,
Do take it up with the hotel management.

If not anything else, these security guys will think twice before they do some thing like this again!
Old 7th April 2008, 11:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
PS: if you drive expensive or big cars, always carry a portable air compressor - it is a huge advantage over disgruntled idiots such as these.
Sounds pretty interesting. Can you please give more details?
Old 7th April 2008, 12:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yep, do take some time out to file a complaint with the hotel management, now that it looks like a mischief on the part of their staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit
Sounds pretty interesting. Can you please give more details?
Check out this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...s-tyres-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
PS: if you drive expensive or big cars, always carry a portable air compressor - it is a huge advantage
Steer, would it not be an advantage for any car (not just big/expensive) to have one of these ?
Old 7th April 2008, 13:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

You must write to the hotel management. These acts should not go un-noticed. If the security agency is outsourced by the hotel, you must also complain to the concerned agency.
Old 8th April 2008, 11:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

As usual, we have someone playing the role of 'The Devil's Advocate'.

Androdev, do complain against the hotel security. The management needs to be made aware of morons such as these.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:00   #15
BHPian

thanks for that link supremeBaleno. Bookmarked

Most Viewed