Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 16:28   #1
BHPian

Women & Machines

hi,
i'm doing a research on ''women & machines''.
would like share views with lady members on how women connect with tech mech machinery engines bhps ccs cars
haven't come across any yet though.
thnx
radhika
Old 8th April 2008, 16:50   #2
BHPian

Sorry to barge in and being off topic . Dont know how much women relate to the technical stuff of cars but I saw a lady in an M800 smoke out a wannabe hero in an ikon. Some women sure know how to handle their rides. Loved the look on the guys face.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

First of all welcome to Tbhp.

Please read the announcements section.

We have a few ladies on the forum. Manaa45 is one of the active members i can recollect. PM her for information you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
... but I saw a lady in an M800 smoke out a wannabe hero in an ikon. Some women sure know how to handle their rides.
Wonder what gets into some people when they see women behind the wheel.

M800 is a small car and very easy to navigate / squeeze through in traffic but nevertheless it takes a good amount of skill to actually drive it well enough to whupp an Ikon.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2008 at 16:56. Reason: Please use Multi Quote & edit
Old 8th April 2008, 16:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you look up a paper written by a man titled "marriage & happiness". Should give you a fair idea.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:57   #5
BHPian

It was a straight stretch of road and the ikon moved in from left and tried to bully the M800 to slow down but loved the way she stood her ground and beat him eventually.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:03   #6
BHPian

women drivers

hi,
i have been driving since i was 16 and thankfully i think i can call myself a good driver but much because of the preconceived notion about women being bad drivers its not been an easy journey for me. a lot of my male peers have actually hesitated being driven around by me. Until i've proven myself over and over and over again. anyways but coming back to tech info i dont know it just comes naturally to me. i love reading car mags, websites, blogs etc. was really glad to know about team bhp. infact i'm currently doing a SWOT analysis of the A2 segment cars. shall be taking all the team bhp help.
cheers
cheers:
Old 8th April 2008, 17:22   #7
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th April 2008 at 18:16.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

You must meet Ms Prabha Nene. Look for her 1934 Austin here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/787971-post140.html
Old 8th April 2008, 17:42   #9
BHPian

is it possible?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I suggest you look up a paper written by a man titled "marriage & happiness". Should give you a fair idea.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADHIKADAS View Post
hi,
i have been driving since i was 16 and thankfully i think i can call myself a good driver but much because of the preconceived notion about women being bad drivers its not been an easy journey for me. a lot of my male peers have actually hesitated being driven around by me. Until i've proven myself over and over and over again. anyways but coming back to tech info i dont know it just comes naturally to me. i love reading car mags, websites, blogs etc. was really glad to know about team bhp. infact i'm currently doing a SWOT analysis of the A2 segment cars. shall be taking all the team bhp help.
cheers
cheers:

Thats great Radhika. Just to share a secret, which is not any more.
I had a crush on a lady in my locality before I even saw her, didnt know much about her apart from the fact that she drove beautifully.
All said & done its good to hear about your project. Let me know I too have done projects relating to automobiles studying Management, all THE 3 YEARS of my course.
pm me we could be in touch.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few people around.I personally feel ladies are not given this option from their parents.Given a chance they would perform.Classic example is radhika herself since she was given a steering at 16.
ram
Old 8th April 2008, 17:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

One of my onsite manager who was a lady had bought a particular car(forgot model & make) only because it was available in green color & others didnt have that color.

I did not ask any further question
Old 8th April 2008, 18:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it possible?..
Lol...

Why, is it not possible?
Old 8th April 2008, 18:05   #14
BHPian

i know how i managed that. i would beg & plead my dad to teach me how to drive and let me drive him somewhere next door occasionally. while i got the car only once i was 18!
but those were other days 10 years back. now i wonder with so much of liberalization happening if young girl kids even care about their parents agreement to their driving. they have much freedom and resources. whats important is that they are aware of their road responsibility before driving out. its not just their own lives but several others they are responsible for while driving. those who have lost their near & dear ones in road mishaps because of someone else's negligence dont even know who to blame.
hope we all can make some difference in our own little ways by being sensible responsible drivers.
to happiness health & prosperity
cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Quite a few people around.I personally feel ladies are not given this option from their parents.Given a chance they would perform.Classic example is radhika herself since she was given a steering at 16.
ram
Old 8th April 2008, 18:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
hi,
i'm doing a research on ''women & machines''.
would like share views with lady members on how women connect with tech mech machinery engines bhps ccs cars
haven't come across any yet though.
thnx
radhika
I think we Need KimRS to contribute on this thread, she has one helluva hatch!! LOLS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks