Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 14:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
All these debates happened after some of the high profile rapes/murders that happened in Delhi a few yrs back !!
There are so many such incidents which are forgotten after the initial hue and cry. Whatever happened to the Gateway of India incident, or the JW Marriot case? All conveniently forgotten.
Old 10th April 2008, 14:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the victim knew the offenders. Why else would a lone woman want to pick up an argument with men that too in the night. Very very sad though. Hope the offenders are brought to justice very soon.
Old 10th April 2008, 14:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

If the lady got down at an highway, argued and then had the guts to kick one of the assailants, then it seems that she knew who they were. It seems to be a rotten relationship.

But the shooting of the army man - strange and a very sorry state of affair our country is heading down to!
Old 10th April 2008, 14:51   #19
BHPian

Noida has been in the newz a lot offlate for all the wrong reasons. Guess the real estate boom and the growth of noida has brought in its own set of problems that most growing cities face. Going by few of members seems like the noida cops are not doing their best. anywz about the incident, wonder why the girl had to take so much of a risk, or is there a possiblity that she already knew the attacker. Hope the investigation can pinpoint what really happened.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I never roll down the window, and even when I see an accident etc., on the road I do not stop.
Its better to be safe than virtuous.
though I can understand what you are trying to say. That is a very wrong attitude.

what if someone you love, suffered due to display of such an attitude by someone else. I have come to the conclusion that one must be perpetually vigilent and help out the needy but also be ready scoot at the first sign of telltale trouble.

there is no one formula that fits all situations in such cases.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
but also be ready scoot at the first sign of telltale trouble.
And how would you go about recognizing this so as to leave you with enough time to scoot?
Old 10th April 2008, 18:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And how would you go about recognizing this so as to leave you with enough time to scoot?
we have to use our experience. Ofcourse there is an element of risk, but it is dharmically wrong to betray the needy.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
we have to use our experience. Ofcourse there is an element of risk, but it is dharmically wrong to betray the needy.
To each his own & good luck to you mate!
Old 10th April 2008, 18:15   #24
BHPian

I have been comfortably loitering around late hours while coming back from college in sector-125 or from my friends place through the Noida link road to my apartment in sector-62 and never had that feeling of lawlessness as i was confident about the security in the city. Here people moving around in the night is possible unlike in Ghaziabad/Greater Noida.Yesterday's headlines and now the response here shook me up. I will rather be more cautious..
Old 10th April 2008, 18:26   #25
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
anywz about the incident, wonder why the girl had to take so much of a risk, or is there a possiblity that she already knew the attacker.
it seems the bikers forced her to stop, got down and approached her. Possibly fearing for her life, she hit a biker with her car door and then she got shot at. she decided to fight them to protect herself, which is a brave thing to do; but it didnt turn out as anticipated

One more brave and innocent soul lost in this great land of ours.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:58   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Both the news were really shocking... But the Sector 31 road is actually very deserted. Even during the day time this road has very less traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks