Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 18:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its definitely a marketing gimmick. First they invite you to see their resorts and affiliated holiday spots and then ask you to become a member. Dinner sets and vacation stay etc are all advertising gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The first time it happened to me (10 years back, I think) what sent my antenna up was the insistence: "you must bring your wife, only couples will be given the prize". Huh?
Happened to me when I was barely out of college and was just 20 yrs old. Was dating a lady 5 yrs senior (who didnt look that old either and I barely looked older than my actual age too). We strolled into Mota Royal Arcade and the marketing guy assumed we were married and offered us the package. My lady then, who got offended quite a bit, played along in the affirmative and he didnt even realize he was being made a fool.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have used it for a 2D-3N in smoky mountains. Plus they gave around 75$ in cash, since the vouchers they had were for events we were totally not into. They told me they spend around 300$ per person as their marketing budget. Then they gave me a bigger one for florida to get our attention next time. yet to use it.

the only problem is u have to sit with them for 2 hours and keep saying "NO". They had taken 25$ deposit when we arrived to ensure we show up, before we got the cash and florida coupon.

Here in US, you can register yourself for this session, once in 6 months. they ask for spouse so that you don't avail it twice.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Happened to me when I was barely out of college and was just 20 yrs old. Was dating a lady 5 yrs senior (who didnt look that old either and I barely looked older than my actual age too). We strolled into Mota Royal Arcade and the marketing guy assumed we were married and offered us the package. My lady then, who got offended quite a bit, played along in the affirmative and he didnt even realize he was being made a fool.
ok, forget about the marketting gimmick. please do a good write up and post it in a new thread. you have a vaery interesting story to cash on. Do you have any idea what Sam® would have done with this kind of material.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:38   #19
BHPian

Just now my friend who was looking for a job in india, Got an email saying he has been selected as a Project Manager form Virgin telecom in UK and the sal will be 8645 GBP..
He quicly sends me an email ask ing me to check if the company exists.. the PDF document - did not look to like Letter head of a company Quicly googled look this is what I found :-)

[COLOR=#810081]http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-13728.html[/COLOR]
Old 10th April 2008, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
ok, forget about the marketting gimmick. please do a good write up and post it in a new thread. you have a vaery interesting story to cash on. Do you have any idea what Sam® would have done with this kind of material.
Cant post that here. Total censor maal dude.

Why compare celeb's like Sam and me? And its no paris hilton or britney spears type story either.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Any one got such calls recently? if so anyone visited? Lets know the experiance if you had.
Yep, i have recd such calls 3 times in the last 9 years.
Did go for it once since it was very close to my house, but the moment I entered the place it was confirmed that they were promoting something. They insisted that i sit thru for an hour's lecture & take home my grand booty, but I just left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The first time it happened to me (10 years back, I think) what sent my antenna up was the insistence: "you must bring your wife, only couples will be given the prize". Huh?
Thats how it was for me too .
Old 15th April 2008, 23:44   #22
BHPian

Hi,
I uesd to get lot of calls and i due to my wife's wish attended one 7years back.we were there waiting on the table and a girl came and played host and started talking about timeshare holiday,She said,if we sign up we will be given a gold chain and dinner set.I said NO Money and came back emply handed wasting 2 hours.

Once a guy jumped out from nowere in brigade road and game me a coupon to scratch and when i did it,It said better luck next time.Then he gave one more card to my wife and there came the thing.....gold chain.The guy went hyper and said please come on so....so....to...so.I waited for him to finish and said Iam not intrested and then he started begging and said for his sake we should attend so he will get some benefits.....I said good bye and we walked away.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Just had one more calls from Hanjrak? The caller said I have been selected for a compliment gift, 3 days 3 nights stay in Goa etc etc, and to collect it, I should visit the below address.

68, Transpade Tower,
2nd Floor,
Above Lakshmi Vilas bank,
5th block, Koramangala,.

Any takers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks