Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 10:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Relocation - Local orientation and help

Dear All,

Soon I would be relocating to BLR and would need your assistance to settle down. My office would be in Kormangala and I am looking for a 1BHK apt there itself as I am not keen on traveling. If anyone needs roomies in that area, please let me know as I don't mind joining a TBHPIAN!

TheMag, looking forward to meet you in BLR.
Soulojh, you will get a new member for your Gym!
Rest all, I am coming!!!!

Moderator's note: New thread created to discuss all queries regarding relocation to another city and other local self-help topics. Please use this thread for such content henceforth.

Last edited by theMAG : 17th April 2008 at 15:21.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Bangalore.While it's bit difficult to find a 1BHK apartment in Bangalore but it's not a impossible task.For me, I tried to find one and found one also but before I reach the place somebody already booked it.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:00   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Amtak my man, welcome! Mentally prepare yourself for the animal rush that is Kormangala!
Old 5th February 2008, 13:01   #4
BHPian

Finding a i BHK in Koramangala is really hard. You wait really long and when you hear there's one available, you drive there only to realize that there's always someone who beats you to it. But good luck and hope you find a nice cozy place.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Amtak my man, welcome! Mentally prepare yourself for the animal rush that is Kormangala!
Why are you are scaring him like hell ? don't do it maggie. (hosabaru innu adjust agthare) still new to town he will get adjusted.

You are most welcome amtak to bangy club.

Last edited by praJEEP : 5th February 2008 at 13:21.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

He he he! I am now scared. No one wants a roommate?? I was getting a 2 BHK here in BTM layout (don't ask me where it is as even I don't know) but for a single person its too huge flat. I should be there mostly on 18th morning (still finalizing) and will keep you all posted
Old 5th February 2008, 14:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
He he he! I am now scared. No one wants a roommate?? I was getting a 2 BHK here in BTM layout (don't ask me where it is as even I don't know) but for a single person its too huge flat. I should be there mostly on 18th morning (still finalizing) and will keep you all posted

Amtak, Welcome to Bangalore.
1 BHK is a rare commodity in Bangalore, you will find good number of 2 BHK flats but not 1 BHK, so if you are getting a 2 BHK in BTM layout, go for it if it fits your budget. As BTM is just 4-5 km from Koramangala. It will be a convenient place to commute, also rentals are one the higher side when it comes to Koramangala.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Bangalore Dude. Go for the house in BTM and then you can start searching for roommates here. As others has informed, finding 1 BHK flat in Kormangala is difficult. Maybe you can get in BTM/Marathalli if you try hard.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

welcome to bangalore, amtak. and all the best in getting that 1 bhk - search buddy, search hard.

i would say, settle for a 2bhk, which you will get easily. and do not worry about it being huge for just one guy - the amount of space you get in a 2bhk is something that is going to surprise you.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
the amount of space you get in a 2bhk is something that is going to surprise you.
Devious Isnt it. Anyway, Most of the residential status in BLR is 2BHK. Most . Just shell out for it. Enjoy Bangalore and who knows you might as well find a life partner to settle with in the said house. Thats how Bangalore works wonders.

Just Kidding. Welcome to BLR.
Old 5th February 2008, 15:11   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
praJEEP : Why are you are scaring him like hell ? don't do it maggie. (hosabaru innu adjust agthare) still new to town he will get adjusted.
Amtak, not to worry - that is no gaali. Just means Newcomer is still adjusting (to the environment)
Quote:
deepaktpatil : 1 BHK is a rare commodity in Bangalore,
True. Flats are rare. But you can find 1 BHK houses (on first floor / second floor / part of floor etc)
Quote:
snaronikar : Go for the house in BTM and then you can start searching for roommates here..
Good idea !

Welcome to Bangalore, Amtak.
Old 5th February 2008, 15:58   #12
BHPian

Do include HSR layout also as an option; it is adjacent to Koramangala. As others have mentioned, 1 BHK flat is probably rare, but 1 BHK house for rent is more probable.
And BTW, welcome to BLR :-)
Old 5th February 2008, 16:11   #13
BHPian

Welcome to Bangalore Amtak

And dont you worry about the space in these 'supposedly' 2BHK's. You might find that they are two matchboxes in the name of bedrooms just enough to accommodate a cot, a passage passing off as a kitchen and one sofa, two to three chairspace for a Hall!! unless you want to look in areas out of the city that is...
enjoy your stay..
Old 5th February 2008, 17:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Seems like I'll have to settle down in BTM layout only. I am not transporting my car. Are ricks a good option? What I was told is that from BTM, it would take me about 20 mins to reach Kormangala in peak hour traffic, is that true?
Old 5th February 2008, 17:02   #15
BHPian

Welcome to Blr

Hope you have been reading the thread on malls being in the wrong places in Bangalore. That's in Kormangala. Welcome to Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks