Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 14:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

No place for Lovers

Just a small incident that happened on Thursday.

Was walking through the garden with a friend in Sector-17, Vashi (the one behind Raymonds showroom) and Sector-17 had a power failure. So we took the small torch (the one Yeti got for me from Thailand), as it was pitch dark and walked through the garden.

We collected our stuff at the other end of the garden and decided to walk back through the garden again. As we approached a curve in the pathway , suddenly we saw activity. A guy and a girl quickly got up and rushed away not even looking at us.

It dawned on us that they were in love and had decided to use the darkness to catch some moments of kootchie koo. But as soon as they saw the beam from my torch they disappeared pronto. They must have got scared thinking the cops are on a round and ran away asap.

I have personally experienced this unhealthy behaviour from the cops towards couples.

Why do the cops always look for couples to target ?
Is being in love such a crime ?
Is wanting to spend time with your lover such a bad thing ?
Is sitting with your girl friend / boy friend in a park holding hands a bad thing ?
Is a couple walking hand in hand a bad omen for everyone ?

Not every one can afford the luxury of meeting at resturants/pubs/lounges/bars/coffee day outlets - what will they do ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 19th April 2008 at 14:17.
Old 19th April 2008, 14:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

I remember some 5-7yrs back we friends used to just freak around the Sahar Airport in my Maruti Van,we used to see couples standing and chatting,doing kutchie koo wtahtever... my car was a black van with dark tints over it,we used to close all the windows and drive slowly to the couple staring at them like 2-3 rounds and then again we stopped by them lower half window and shout "rukk tere baap ko batata huu" and speed off and next round the copule used to vanish now it proves we were soo stupid nuts :(
Old 19th April 2008, 14:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

quite agree with you n_c. It seems to be more of a moral crime than anything else.

Of course we can sit with our families & watch soaps/movies that show wives cheating on husbands & husbands cheating on wives & a whole lot of gibberage spoken which is quite normal & acceptable. Never ceases to amaze me.

But in this context, were you really the one with the torch or the one that scooted ?
Old 19th April 2008, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Yeah NC, pray tell . Walking through dark gardens, collecting stuff with a torch at hand. What exactly were you collecting? the cop uniform or the handcuffs? Kinky, Kinky !

It dawned on us that they were in love and had decided to use the darkness to catch some moments of kootchie koo.

Darkness mein dawn; You take the Sharukh, SUPER STAR a bit too seriously, eh?

I have personally experienced this unhealthy behaviour from the cops towards couples.

Ouch. Kidhar danda pada?

Why do the cops always look for couples to target ?

Most are kids meeting clandestinely without their parents knowledge; easy money!
Is being in love such a crime ?

No. but apparently PDA is.

Is wanting to spend time with your lover such a bad thing ?

Not at all. But making love in public is. Most people look horrible nekkid.
Is sitting with your girl friend / boy friend in a park holding hands a bad thing ?

Again NO. And i don't think the cops bother you for holding hands; there are always others with Stage II mods to fine.

Is a couple walking hand in hand a bad omen for everyone ?

BAD OMEN! huh? What horror films have you been watching? Pyaasi Premi Aatmayen?

Poor NC. Mumbai cops have seriously traumatized his pristine psyche. Tension mat le re. Come over to Tony's this weekend. Lots of open space, darkness and NO COPS . Actually, Now you know the answer to your signature; why go into ganne ka khet. LOL.

Mods: We DEMAND more than 2 smilies for this thread!

Last edited by vikram18 : 19th April 2008 at 15:06.
Old 19th April 2008, 14:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It dawned on us that they were in love and had decided to use the darkness to catch some moments of kootchie koo. But as soon as they saw the beam from my torch they disappeared pronto. They must have got scared thinking the cops are on a round and ran away asap.
That's terrible. They should have continued their activity for your viewing pleasure, lol.

Isn't it just possible they got up because somebody came by with a torch? Cop or not?
Old 19th April 2008, 15:09   #6
BANNED

Oh! So, you were the one with the torch!
I was so damn *#it scared.
Old 19th April 2008, 15:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

You think they would have gotten up if the lights were on and they could see it was not a cop approaching ? I don't think so.

If they could see it was a cop - they would still get up and scoot !
Old 19th April 2008, 15:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

WEll, One should control their raging hormones in public. After all, let me take a hypothetical example....no offence mean please.

suppose you were to go to a park and there you saw some close female relative of yours getting all cuddly and cozy with some guy, how would you react?

would you really empathize with them thinking that since they have no place to go to express their feelings, it is OK to do it in a park?

we should not forget that this blind aping of western practices does not always work in our culture, and no matter how educated and well travelled we get, deep down most, if not all, Indians (Asians?) are conservative.

my 2 cents.....
Old 19th April 2008, 15:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Yeah NC, pray tell . Walking through dark gardens, collecting stuff with a torch at hand. What exactly were you collecting? the cop uniform or the handcuffs? Kinky, Kinky !
Beer !

Quote:
Darkness mein dawn; You take the Sharukh, SUPER STAR a bit too seriously, eh?

And you take who seriuosly? Suresh Menon ?

Quote:
Ouch. Kidhar danda pada?
Arre padi nahi - that is another story. Will post in a while.

Quote:
Most are kids meeting clandestinely without their parents knowledge; easy money!
True but what is the problem the cops have ?

Quote:
No. but apparently PDA is.

Quote:
Not at all. But making love in public is. Most people look horrible nekkid.
Now I know where you while away your time.

Quote:
Come over to Tony's this weekend.
Arre thats only 47 kms from Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
That's terrible. They should have continued their activity for your viewing pleasure, lol.
Arre lol - I didnt flash the torch to view what they were upto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Oh! So, you were the one with the torch!
I was so damn *#it scared.
I know it was't you. I would have recognised the beard even in pitch darkness.
Old 19th April 2008, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
suppose you were to go to a park and there you saw some close female relative of yours getting all cuddly and cozy with some guy, how would you react?
Think she's normal, not gay?
This example is a bit of a cheap shot anyways. NC isn't debating morality, just the cops' stand!

Quote:
would you really empathize with them thinking that since they have no place to go to express their feelings, it is OK to do it in a park?
Nobody really DOES IT in a park! Anyways, the drunkards have taken over most parks in Mumbai. LOL.

Quote:
we should not forget that this blind aping of western practices does not always work in our culture, and no matter how educated and well travelled we get, deep down most, if not all, Indians (Asians?) are conservative.
Actually, most often, people who have to resort to cuddling in parks, really have no other place to go; they're POOR! It's hardly likely that they'll ape western culture, not having being exposed, if i may, to any!

The others are college kids. I mean. Cummon! Some of us did get lucky, so?

What are well educated, well travelled, conservative Indians doing in dark park corners anyways? Substituted Peeping Tom for Tom thumb in 2nd grade eh?

Go travel to places like Khajuraho, Konark amongst others. We've put sex on the walls for all to see. So much for being conservative!

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th April 2008 at 23:18. Reason: Please dont type in all bold text.
Old 19th April 2008, 15:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends. If that close female relative was my wife, I'd probably shoot her.

If not, and she's an adult, I would leave it at that since it would be an adult, informed decision. What's to judge in that?
Old 19th April 2008, 15:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

If cops are used to have a check of this sort in mumbai i would personally appreciate it.But there are cops who take the opportunity to take un due advantage of the situation and this is strongly unwarranted.in a healthy way this sort of check is required as it protects the city from being morally disoriented.
ram
Old 19th April 2008, 15:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
If not, and she's an adult, I would leave it at that since it would be an adult, informed decision. What's to judge in that?

Well, my friend, all I can say is that you have amazing maturity and self control! Kudos to you. I wonder if that is true for most of us or are you an exception that proves the rule.

I am a lawyer by profession and the first 8-9 years of my professional life were as a criminal lawyer in Delhi, and believe me, i have seen my share of reactions of people when something concerns their own loved ones. people will generally sermonise tillthe cows come home, but put them or their loved ones in a sticky situation, and their true colours come out.

in fact, this was one of my favorite tactics while cross examining some one in the wotness box

bit O.T., but relevant nonetheless.....
Old 19th April 2008, 15:43   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. So one would buy a ticket to see Kareena Kapoor get cuddly in a park. Anyone can get cuddly in a park but as long as it was not a relative it would be OK. Would I react if I saw my sister with her boyfriend in a park? Sure, if they needed privacy I'd come home and tell her that I saw her. Or I'd smile and wave out. But that's me. I'd hang out with my sisters boyfriend and invite him over for a beer. He's her boyfriend, she likes him, he likes her. I'd rather she have a steady boyfriend than have wild sex with a number of unknown people.
If she goes out with him, I know he'll bring her back safely, so he can take her out again tomorrow. And if they go to the park, good for them. Their decision. Parks are lovely places to hang out with a loved one.

Kids need love. They need sex. Do you want them to marry, so that they can do this? Do you know what the divorce rate in India is getting to?
Don't talk about purdah in a country where women are getting stronger than men. It is an archaic concept as far as the current generation living in cities are concerned. Purdah does not exist in the cities and this topic is city-centric.

back to the topic at hand:

Is it OK to do it in a park? Do what?

Say it aloud. We are a country full of euphemisms and insinuations.

Is it OK to get naked and have sex or heavy petting in a park? No I don't think so. It's indecent to other people and dangerous for your own security.

Is it OK to get comfy with your girlfriend in the park, kiss her, hold her and talk to her, all at a decent hour? - I should bloody well think so. I will do it and I do not mind being taken to court for it.

Anyways this is a morality issue and I see no immediate solution for this. Time will change India, it is changing every day. I am confident of it.

If anyone has the urge to have sex with his or her partner in a public place, they should do it outside India. I can recommend a few wonderful and safe places. PM me.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th April 2008 at 15:59.
Old 19th April 2008, 15:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:

people will generally sermonise tillthe cows come home.
Going through all the posts on this thread, the only sermon was by YOU!

Quote:
in fact, this was one of my favorite tactics while cross examining some one in the wotness box.
WOT? Really? In Hollywood movies, it's probably called hearsay.

"What would you do if" is purely hypothetical and, I believe, not admissible in a court of law.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2008 at 18:00. Reason: Please do NOT type the entire post in BOLD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks