Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 17:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
“Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”
Thats right, but if you take a "run of the mill" school (Copmputer Sc for example) only 1 or 2 students will fit this sentence.

For them, campus recruitment is of no use. They will either get good school with aid for MS or will get picked up Microsoft/Google/Yahoo/Amazon/.... through CodeJam and other competitions (basically companies that pay in range of 8 - 12 lakh for BE / BTech).

For rest, they have to prove their worth in IT Services hell (App development or even worse.. maintenance) before they can get better paying jobs.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:49   #137
BANNED

If a certain group of trained people hadn't quit Patni, a certain company called Infosys wouldn't be there. Patni couldn't recover from that jolt. But Infosys went many many times beyond Patni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Well, if the trained employee (or employees, in this case) , are "the Traitorous Eight", then we call them geniuses, pioneers and pathbreakers.

Traitorous Eight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If these people hadn't quit their job out of disgust, the world wouldn't have had Fairchild Semiconductor, Teledyne, Xicor and also Kleiner-Perkins.
Oh, and I probably wouldn't be typing this out on my PC powered by an Intel processor.

Sometimes, it's good for the industry when people leave and start their own ventures.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Buddy, we are in a global marketplace. No one forced these Indian folks to open companies. If someone is not able to compete, they should be out of business. Please do not talk about Indian IT companies having to operate with low-margins and Americans companies having golden spoons in their mouth.

Fire your HR. Your recruiting process is fundamentally wrong. You are not recruiting the right candidates for the job.
if only everything was as black and white as you think.

I guess what you are suggesting is that if indian companies can not operate in european or american model, they should close. ever wonder why business from those countries flows to India and other asian countries in the first place?

and that recruiting new HR will ensure they will hire recruits who will actually stay with the company.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:12   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I have been observing this respect for support staff in IBM for a long time now, especially after importing/recruting managers with little leadership skills and loads of -ve attitude.

There are only two ways to grow in IBM.
(a) Open ones mouth, only to polish superiors shoes
(b) Walk the Talk with superiors, every single moment in the office

+1, they have gone beyond that. They have started giving out false reviews about ex-employee's who have left the company. I know of 3 cases where the careers of these ex-employee's have been at stake. One guy used to report to me(technical manager) when i was working there. People are being recruited by taking bribes from the recruiters. I know no one will beleive this, but if you want proof pm me.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:17   #140
BHPian

I too agree with the bribing/back door entry thing. My friend joined a MNC and had three guys reporting to him. One of them had 2 years of experience but didn't know even the basic concepts of mainframe. My friend took him offline and asked him whats the problem. The guy cooly says that all his experience is fake and he paid 1.75L to the HR to enter into the company.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I too agree with the bribing/back door entry thing. My friend joined a MNC and had three guys reporting to him. One of them had 2 years of experience but didn't know even the basic concepts of mainframe. My friend took him offline and asked him whats the problem. The guy cooly says that all his experience is fake and he paid 1.75L to the HR to enter into the company.

This is very REAL people. I am in the recruiting business now, and a lot of my counterparts are getting OUT of the IT & ITES verticals due to this.. Believe me - NO ONE is clean - the bigger the name the bigger the pie. Its very real!!!
Old 8th May 2008, 18:52   #142
Senior - BHPian

Big It cos are becoming the next babudom. From where I'm looking at it , there seem to be layers upon layers of incompetence which wants to reinforce itself. The intelligent ones leave, and the idiots left behind hire even dumber people so as not to pose a threat to them.

I would have been concerned about it , but then again, this is someone else's company, and American money, and I get paid either way - so why care

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th May 2008 at 18:55.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:58   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
This is very REAL people. I am in the recruiting business now, and a lot of my counterparts are getting OUT of the IT & ITES verticals due to this.. Believe me - NO ONE is clean - the bigger the name the bigger the pie. Its very real!!!
Agree with you 100%. IT has attracted all kinds of wierd people because of the money. I wonder how long before the underworld chaps like D company get involved.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic. We just love bending and abusing the rules. i have also heard of desi consultants bribing here in US to get the projects.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:12   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I wonder how long before the underworld chaps like D company get involved.

and do what?

keep a knife on a coders neck and say sing.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:00   #146
BANNED

Skeletons Are Tumbling Out Of The Cupboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1, they have gone beyond that. They have started giving out false reviews about ex-employee's who have left the company. I know of 3 cases where the careers of these ex-employee's have been at stake. One guy used to report to me(technical manager) when i was working there. People are being recruited by taking bribes from the recruiters. I know no one will beleive this, but if you want proof pm me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Old 8th May 2008, 20:07   #147
Team-BHP Support

In the days of closed economy, you needed Safaarish to get a job.
Isn't social networking a more advanced form of Safaarish?
Just a thought to ponder on.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:14   #148
Senior - BHPian

Social networking works if guy making referral is has his own skin in the game.

In that only genuine candidates are referred.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:27   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Diabloo bhai,

I have seen this personally. On the other hand I have seen 100's of cases where people have no work to do and get paid handsome salaries. Even if the person is an MBA, I am sure everyone has to slog in the beginning. I did...not sure about others.
Old 9th May 2008, 00:04   #150
BHPian

Another kind of bribing I have experienced : bribe from HR consultants to HR - I had referred my ex colleague in my new company. HR didn't even bother to look at the resume leave aside any further processing. Just to check how ethical these guys are I asked my ex-colleague to forward the same resume through a consultant. Bang - called for interview the next day. I asked him to stay away from my company (as if he would have attended the interview!). Infact this happened twice and I myself started looking out for another job looking at how unethical the HR was.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks