Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 19:26   #121
BHPian

Quote:
you train your people hard and they leave you at the drop of a hat
If 40% people leave after getting training, then you still have other 60% employees. Not giving training showing this excuse is bad for any company's reputation.

Some Indian IT companies (TCS is well known of them) often try to capture employees by "bonds". The employees who want to leave, walks away anyway but company gets bad reputation.

People leave even from Microsoft/Yahoo/Google/Boeing - but that doesn't mean they stop providing training to their employees.

IC engines are only 25% efficient - does it mean we should not burn petrol (because 75% energy is wasted)?
Old 7th May 2008, 20:08   #122
Senior - BHPian

well, we are talking about indian eployers who already have low margins to cut costs. the whole business works on the same principals, hence you do not see the types of rebates, return/exchange offers as offered by the places where the other giants that you mention ed operate.
Old 8th May 2008, 03:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How much these companies pay now a days?

I heard that all of them pay ~3.5 lakh CTC, is that right?
Im not sure about fresh engineers, but to fresher MBAs Wipro paid 7.75, Infy 7.25 and Satyam around 6.5-7, CTC this year
Old 8th May 2008, 09:53   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Im not sure about fresh engineers, but to fresher MBAs Wipro paid 7.75, Infy 7.25 and Satyam around 6.5-7, CTC this year
Wow! which stream of MBA's? As in marketing/Finance or HR?
Old 8th May 2008, 12:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post

Pity, instead of picking up each others' good habits, they have both chosen the bad ones!
Its not only on Hire and Fire that the western culture had influenced our country..Lets talk about partying..have multiple girlfriends at the same time etc etc..

But its a shame that we dont want to respect fellow humans as well as time and comittments.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:20   #126
BANNED

I thought westerners learnt about partying/celebrating (look at the number of festivals), having multiple girlfriends/wives from India !

Is it the other way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Its not only on Hire and Fire that the western culture had influenced our country..Lets talk about partying..have multiple girlfriends at the same time etc etc..
Old 8th May 2008, 12:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
If 40% people leave after getting training, then you still have other 60% employees. Not giving training showing this excuse is bad for any company's reputation.
This is not mathematics to talk percentages. Not all are trained in the same skill sets.

I agree that not training is bad for the company's reputation, but the trained employee who leaves after training - well what do we call him?
Old 8th May 2008, 12:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I thought westerners learnt about partying/celebrating (look at the number of festivals), having multiple girlfriends/wives from India !

Is it the other way?
Well..whatever..i'm not so well versed in history..but we definitely dont have the discipline and respect for the individual or fellow citizen when it comes to that..

A simple example..just imagine guys waiting at the zebra crossing..Here they just keep waiting..whereas, in most developed countries the pedestrians get the priority when it comes to zebra crossings..
Old 8th May 2008, 12:25   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

And from which collage(s) ?
Old 8th May 2008, 12:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Certainly the A rated ones. But I am sure that 4.5 to 7.5 is now the norm for freshers.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:34   #131
BANNED

Dark side of the jobs boom in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Certainly the A rated ones. But I am sure that 4.5 to 7.5 is now the norm for freshers.
Old 8th May 2008, 16:14   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
well, we are talking about indian eployers who already have low margins to cut costs. the whole business works on the same principals, hence you do not see the types of rebates, return/exchange offers as offered by the places where the other giants that you mention ed operate.
Buddy, we are in a global marketplace. No one forced these Indian folks to open companies. If someone is not able to compete, they should be out of business. Please do not talk about Indian IT companies having to operate with low-margins and Americans companies having golden spoons in their mouth.

Quote:
I agree that not training is bad for the company's reputation, but the trained employee who leaves after training - well what do we call him?
Fire your HR. Your recruiting process is fundamentally wrong. You are not recruiting the right candidates for the job.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
This is not mathematics to talk percentages. Not all are trained in the same skill sets.

Well, if the trained employee (or employees, in this case) , are "the Traitorous Eight", then we call them geniuses, pioneers and pathbreakers.

Traitorous Eight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If these people hadn't quit their job out of disgust, the world wouldn't have had Fairchild Semiconductor, Teledyne, Xicor and also Kleiner-Perkins.
Oh, and I probably wouldn't be typing this out on my PC powered by an Intel processor.

Sometimes, it's good for the industry when people leave and start their own ventures.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:14   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Not sure what this article is cribbing about.

If someone is not from a premier collage, that person has got to do grunt jobs for 2 - 3 years. That is the fact for pretty much any large company (India or anywhere else).

If you prove yourself then you get to move up.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:30   #135
Team-BHP Support

my personal experiance prompts me to strongly disagree with netfreak.

I don't like the has got to do in the above post.

“Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”
Ralph Marston quotes

Most Viewed