Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am not surprised!!

I had used Tata Broadband and only the bill used to come on time. The link used to be down most of the time. I got fed up with tracking complaints raised with the customer service and finally changed to BSNL.
BSNL connection is good, but it is difficult to reach customer service. The best experience was with Airtel Broadband when I was staying in Chennai.
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:28   #17
BHPian

Those who are facing issues with Tata Indicom Broadband, i would suggest you to first lodge a complaint with the customer care, after their 24 hrs time is over, don't bother calling them up again, call up their nodal officier instead. Thats what am doing for past 7 months, their connection usually have 2 days downtime every month and this is exactly what i do. You can get the nodal officers' number here Tata Indicom Broadband .
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I've got a couple of TATA connections.... yes there can be problems...

they are.. not the best!.... but then none in India are!

I've used my TATA 256k.. connection for more than 60gb per month .... worked fine!

Indian cities basically lack ALL infrastructure to have reliable wired connections.... just need to wait for some wifi technology to get matured.

in my area... ISPs sometimes cut out each other's wires!.... who's to blame?

very true ISPs are the ones to blame. I once overheard a Sify broadband employee talking on phone about damaging other ISPs system...... just to make sure people in particular area who use Sify lines always get reliable connection (sic) and others who don't use Sify will ultimately switch over to Sify in future.
Imagine I heard all this in Sify office while I was filling the form of Sify iWay

Last edited by FERRO : 23rd April 2008 at 22:49.
Old 24th April 2008, 03:11   #19
BHPian

tata are some of the worst broadband providers in india .
my friend got the indicom plug to surf (usb modem) from office , i used it for 2 days
i got a downloading speed of 2kb/s(using limewire)
i use my idea gprs to surf on pc and i get around 8kb/s downloading speed...TATA is not the place to look for broadband.

even mtnl sucks (got it disconnected due to frequent connection breaking)

better go for airtel (tried and tested )128kbps plan gives me 50-65kbps downloading).. now beat that

Last edited by amangujral06 : 24th April 2008 at 03:27. Reason: See note.
Old 24th April 2008, 04:55   #20
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
i got a downloading speed of 2kb/s(using limewire)
i use my idea gprs to surf on pc and i get around 8kb/s downloading speed...TATA is not the place to look for broadband.
Don't hammer TATA like that ... i've used both Reliance and TATA data cards.. work equally bad/good .. (12-16kBps).

A friend has 512 unlimited plan from TATA!... uses 100+Gb per month... without a problem!.

But yes Airtel has been known to be the most reliable!.... and for some (not all)... it just gives free Bandwidth... i.e. super speeds...

Hutch grps... gives 14-16kBps!... (on a EDGE phone)

I have IDEA gprs too!... fails to connect at times (with full signal)... do you have a EDGE enabled phone?)
Old 24th April 2008, 12:55   #21
BHPian

no i don't have edge in my phone. just gprs is enabled .hey if your having connectivity problems in your area, just call idea customer care i am sure they will take care of it.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Don't hammer TATA like that ... i've used both Reliance and TATA data cards.. work equally bad/good .. (12-16kBps).

A friend has 512 unlimited plan from TATA!... uses 100+Gb per month... without a problem!.

I too have used TATA Indicom Unlimited 512 plan during my previous job. We used to use around 250 to 300 GB per month. We faced connectivity problem only thrice during a year. Their customer service is quite bad though!

I had to mail them continuously to get one issue rectified. Better option is to visit their corporate office and get hold of their Accounts Manager!
Old 24th April 2008, 14:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well guys I am facing some sort of problem from reliance.
We had applied for their broadband but they could not give us the connection as our area didnt get their signal or something. So we dropped the idea of net. 1 month later we get a Bill from them. Yep a Bill even though we didnt have a connection. My friend calls them up saying this and they said they would rectify the same but the 2nd month there is one more bill waiting and at the end of the month a guy comes asking us to pay. We blasted the sh#$ out of him and threatened to go to court and he said he would look at the same. He leaves and the next day voila we got one more bill.
We are planning to wait for a month and then go to consumer court regarding the same.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:16   #24
BHPian

hey DCEite, When i applied for a change in plan for the Tata BB connection that I had, they sent me the samilar mail saying they have no availability in my area.

The funny thing is, i got the mail after i got the plan changed LOL!
Old 25th April 2008, 20:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

I continue using the service inspite of worst customer service. I had issues with my modem and cable. I found out that the initial cables were bad quality. I forced them to replace the entire cable set. The best method is to call the nodal officier in your area and give his ears some music.

Check this:Tata Indicom Broadband

The nodal officer has to respond to you in 3 days else it has to pushed to appelate authority. If they dont, you can call TRAI.

The nodal and appellate authority details have to mentioned on the provider website. Its a must requirement by TRAI. Same goes for mobile services. (These are TRAI rules)

I used these tactics and got my issues resolved. The bandwidth is really good and no issues with prepaid billings.But you will be locked for 3 months in prepaid.

I had to fight to get connection as they committed and backed out due to feasibility. I stormed the VSNL office with some contacts and my entire street was given access in 2 days.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 25th April 2008 at 20:06.
Old 17th July 2008, 10:23   #26
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indicom Broadband

What is your experience with our so-called broadband connections?

I would like to share my ire about Tata Indicom postpaid Broadband.

Connectivity went down on 3rd July.

All the while I had been calling up (022)6060 7070 which connected me to their callcenter in Pune. The callcenter operators would invariably tell me that I was calling from Chembur, Mumbai and confirm my phone number, name and PC operating system. Then they would proceed to tell me to check the connection at my end. Finally they would register yet another complaint with a promise that the problem would be solved in 24 hours.

24 hours! In this Internet era?
Of course, nothing would happen as the hours, days and week went by.

Every day that I called, they would randomly either follow-up on the old complaint or register another complaint lisping another promise of 24-hour turnaround.

After eight or so daily identical interactions, it starts to get on one's nerves, I tell you!

Then on the morning of Wednesday 16th July, the connection was miraculously up at 05:50 am after a hiatus of 13 days.

Then it promptly went down at 11:20 am after a scant 5˝ hours of connectivity.

Came back up again at 11:30 after a ten minute break only to go down again at 14:30.

A one hour break later, it was up again at 15:30.

Finally last night at 02:20 am it gave up the ghost for good.

Eight hours later, connectivity is still down at 10:20.

Unprofessional TATA broadband-routerhousesmall.jpg
Look at the tangled rats-nest of cables on my neighbour's house (eight houses away) where the router is located.

Unprofessional TATA broadband-acrossroad.jpg
Across the street. Shouldn't CAT5 cables be underground?

Name:  myhousesmall.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  131.3 KB
Look at Tata Indicom's poor method of cabling
over my trees, around my house and to my wireless router.

How can one expect any "broadband" always-on quality? And we talk of world-class QoS and SLAs.

Ram
This post published using GPRS internet.
Old 17th July 2008, 20:05   #27
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Update:
I called Tata Indicom's Nodal Officer #1 for Mumbai.
On a few instances, the phone rang and nobody answered. On other instances I got a message that the phone was busy and I should try later.
Eventually I got through and spoke with the nodal officer.
She promised to send an engineer and get it rectified by this evening.

No engineer came, but the broadband net started working by 17:55 and stopped working again at 18:30. Tried to call the nodal officer again but on close of Tata Indicom's working hours, she had switched off her official mobile.

As of now I am again without Broadband and back to my iDea GPRS connection.
Old 17th July 2008, 20:30   #28

I have had a similar rejection of application (like DCEite) last month. Was applying on behalf of my cousin. I had given them a check which they are yet to return.

Reason for rejection: Ports are filled in our area.
Reason for collection of application and check despite knowing ports are filled: Needed to achieve monthly target.

If you do have to go through the complaint regimen for TATA indicom broadband, do make use of their less-advertised toll free number
- 1800 209 7070

That way, it may at least not affect your phone bills.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:32   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Ram,

I went through the exact same torrid experience with my earlier BSNL broadband before I got my current Airtel. I'm surprised that a large private company decided to emulate a dont-care government enterprise.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post

Attachment 29811
Look at the tangled rats-nest of cables on my neighbour's house (eight houses away) where the router is located.

Attachment 29812
Across the street. Shouldn't CAT5 cables be underground?

Attachment 29813
Look at Tata Indicom's poor method of cabling
over my trees, around my house and to my wireless router.

How can one expect any "broadband" always-on quality? And we talk of world-class QoS and SLAs.

Ram
This post published using GPRS internet.
I have seen this in my area. I found wires tied all over the stair way, my balcony and terrace of the two storied house where I am staying. Reason: My ground floor neighbour has taken a TATA connection.

The cabling was bad, but better when I had taken TATA connection 3 years back.

I vowed never to go for a TATA connection after my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am not surprised!!

I had used Tata Broadband and only the bill used to come on time. The link used to be down most of the time. I got fed up with tracking complaints raised with the customer service and finally changed to BSNL.
BSNL connection is good, but it is difficult to reach customer service. The best experience was with Airtel Broadband when I was staying in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks