Astrology 62 29.25%
Numerology 15 7.08%
Tarot 8 3.77%
None. 146 68.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 17:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Do you believe in Astrology, Tarot, Numerology?

They are several people who go through thier share of humour through colums of Astrology. Some find is funny, some find it ridiculous while some truly believe in it. Some people do believe in it, but deny the fact in public with the fear of being ridiculed.
How many of us actually believe in any of the above mentioned things?

Let me start:
I believe in Tarot, as i think it has worked for me to an extend.
Astro: Thanks but nobody can predict my future.
Numero: Well, i don't want to overspell my name.

X
Old 5th May 2008, 18:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

How abt another option ?

"None. Now can I have my cold coffee please" ? I am a teetotaller you see
Old 5th May 2008, 18:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

I believe in my machine!!
In GREDDY i TRUST!!!
Old 5th May 2008, 19:25   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Believe in numerology. Being born on the 18th (numerical number 9), most of our car numbers also added upto 9 (1818, 4554, 3663). My cell phone numbers also add upto 9. Infact, multiples of 3 are lucky for me.
mclaren1885 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2008, 19:41   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

All these depend a lot on interpretation of the person giving the readings. So the same set of readings can & will be interpreted differently by different persons. Consequently, a person who wants readings will get different readings from different persons. For those who believe in these, they'll need to find a person who's readings works for them.
Old 5th May 2008, 19:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't believe in any of the three.

Sincerely,
The Yyeitti
Old 5th May 2008, 19:56   #7
BHPian

did you guys know that there is also another kind of astrology known as naddi where u have to give only ur DOB and thumb impression and they will give ur name and ur family's name anything u need to know
Old 5th May 2008, 20:07   #8
BANNED

To be successful,
according to Astrology, I must be a C++ developer.
according to Numerology, I must be a C# developer.
according to Tarot, I must be a C developer.

What must I do?

Don't believe Astrology/Numberlogy/Tarot hasn't kept pace with times, think again. Here is the transcript of an episode from a TV program :
Quote:
Mesha: Profitable business for real estate dealers, and financial institution employees. Big work order for those in export business.

Vrushabha: Good week for R&D employees and engineers. Stock market investors will profit. Good news for medical representatives and marketing executives. And farmers, especially vegetable farmers. Foreign travel likely for music artistes.

Mithuna: Good opportunities steel and cement businessmen. Pressure to face elections for politicians. Civil contractors will sign new deals. Success for professional sportsmen.

Karkataka: Invitation from foreign companies for travel. Harmonious ties for employees with management team. Silk growers will profit. Travel agents will have unceasing work.

Simha: Mine workers, carpenters, stone workers will strike it rich. Dreams of restaurateurs to build a big hotel will come good. Good time for wholesale grain merchants.

Kanya: Working journalists, especially those in print media, will be extremely busy and will write a lot of byline stories. Good news for civil service exam candidates. Tussle for leadership for those in politics, but victory will be yours. Social workers will find fame, stature. Computer sellers, software and hardware, will get do well.

Tula: Perfume sellers will have a good week. Those in education sector too.

Vrushchika: Politicians will be engaged in “secret” talks. Lots of work for policemen, unexpected travel
export opportunities for leather product makers. Silk garment sellers, especially dealing with products for women, will have a profitable week.

Dhanassu: Travel in the offing for professionals, especially advocates. Those in politics will be busy, with planning and “secret” talks. Partnership businesses will enjoy great profit

Makara: Officials will have to take strict action. Corporate employees will travel far on company work. Contractors will receive their dues from the government.

Kumbha: Success for those in social sector. Farmers especially those growing grains and fruits will have good news. Transfers for employed children. Commission agents and lorry owners, drivers and those in transport department, including taxi drivers, will have a good week.

Meena: You will meet big influential people, officials or politicians. Those in excise department will have lots of work, and meet with success.
What stars foretell for you—yes, you—this week churumuri

Epilogue: I am a Java developer.

Last edited by diabloo : 5th May 2008 at 20:14.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:14   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
did you guys know that there is also another kind of astrology known as naddi where u have to give only ur DOB and thumb impression and they will give ur name and ur family's name anything u need to know
Nadi Shastra is very famous in certain parts of Tamil Nadu. All one needs to give is DOB and the thumb impression (my dad tried it). Half an hour later he came with manuscripts written on leaves. He got my grandparents names bang on, got my moms name bang on. Even told the number of siblings my dad had. I know in Astrology people can fake up a lot of stuff and it will seem to be a coincidence. But I don't think one can fake up names of your relatives. And that too get all of them right. There is something weird about this I tell you.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:18   #10
BANNED

Any reason for such random information?
Why did he stop there?
Did he reveal anything which you didn't know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Nadi Shastra is very famous in certain parts of Tamil Nadu. All one needs to give is DOB and the thumb impression (my dad tried it). Half an hour later he came with manuscripts written on leaves. He got my grandparents names bang on, got my moms name bang on. Even told the number of siblings my dad had.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:18   #11
BHPian

I dont believe in any of them. Not even the beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sincerely,
The Yyeitti
Nice, very nice.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Ah.. If only simple things like these could change one's life.As one of my friends say, one's lucky number is the number one gets by chance and not by choice. So every number is lucky.Frankly I do not believe in any of these. But I do respect the people who do.

Last edited by pjbiju : 5th May 2008 at 20:32.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2008, 20:35   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Nadi Shastra is very famous in certain parts of Tamil Nadu. All one needs to give is DOB and the thumb impression (my dad tried it). Half an hour later he came with manuscripts written on leaves. He got my grandparents names bang on, got my moms name bang on. Even told the number of siblings my dad had. I know in Astrology people can fake up a lot of stuff and it will seem to be a coincidence. But I don't think one can fake up names of your relatives. And that too get all of them right. There is something weird about this I tell you.
Hmmm.. Why did you need to know the names of your relatives.
Most people I know already know who their relatives are
Old 5th May 2008, 20:36   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Any reason for such random information?
Why did he stop there?
Did he reveal anything which you didn't know?
No, you can ask them any number of questions. But for each question you ask they charge you an xxx amount. We just tried it to see how true it was (because a lot of my parents friends recommended) and were not keen on asking questions. We just tried it for the fun of it.

But I was quite surprised when he named all my family members correctly. Boss, when you are in a new town for the first time, when you know NO ONE and this person tells the names of your dad, mom, wife from a few leaves it does leave you perplexed.

That besides, he did tell a lot of other stuff. Some I felt could be coincidental, some true. But I don't think anyone can just get your families names right by just looking at some manuscripts.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:38   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hmmm.. Why did you need to know the names of your relatives.
Most people I know already know who their relatives are
Tanveer, when they call you inside to see the manuscripts the first thing they tell you is your name, your parents name and your spouses name. You don't have to ask them this.

Most Viewed