Astrology 62 29.25%
Numerology 15 7.08%
Tarot 8 3.77%
None. 146 68.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 20:40   #16
BANNED

Very interesting. Could give the address? Let me visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Tanveer, when they call you inside to see the manuscripts the first thing they tell you is your name, your parents name and your spouses name. You don't have to ask them this.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

The nonsense memoirs: Leap of faith
Found this interesting blog post.
Pure logic being used to fool people.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:56   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer, when they call you inside to see the manuscripts the first thing they tell you is your name, your parents name and your spouses name. You don't have to ask them this.
It's better you don't ask them your name and your parents name anyway. You should know it by heart. lol

Jokes apart.
In my case I would request him not to answer, if I go with TheOne®. What if he answers with my ex-wifes name in front of my current wife? Lene ka dena ho jaayega, astrologer kya karunga jab future hi khatam ho jaayega.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2008, 20:57   #19
BANNED

Thanks for the link. I saved some bucks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The nonsense memoirs: Leap of faith
Found this interesting blog post.
Pure logic being used to fool people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Let me visit.
Old 5th May 2008, 21:03   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Very interesting. Could give the address? Let me visit.
Its near a temple around this place in Tamil Nadu called Chidambaram. Don't remember the exact name of the place or the temple. Give me some time, I'll check my travelogue thread and dig out the name. Or I'll have to check my travel diary.

Tanveer, I don't know what transpired with that guy whose written the blog. I was right there with my family. That guy didn't do all this guessing game. He got 4 names right (without any "it begins with R? No P? No S?"). And thats all to it. I might not believe any of the other hogwash he said about my dads past & future life, where he lived in his previous birth etc.
But I didn't expect him to spell out my grandparents name and my moms. Maybe he just got lucky . We were satisfied with the info he gave for having paid 250 bucks and didn't intend to pay 250 for every question we asked. My family is very broad minded, and I off all the people am the last one to believe in these. But even I wondered how he got the names right. Let alone the rest of the hogwash.

I can tell you yet another incident, where my grandpa visited one of these astrologers. For some odd reason that guy said "You don't have anyone to carry forward your families name after your sons". Don't know if its just a co-incidence but both my uncles have ONLY daughters. And the Sandra family name ends with my uncles only. This person neither knew us nor did he know in advance we were coming.

Though I still don't believe in these things at times it just makes you wonder. What IF?

Sameerji, I didn't ask him the names baba. He only told them.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th May 2008 at 21:07.
Old 5th May 2008, 21:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Once, a group from claiming to be from a gurudwara turned up for collecting alms. Their leader showed a cool trick.

He asked me to write something on a sheet of paper and keep it with me, he was able to tell me what I wrote. Could never figure out this trick.

They were fakes though, since my neighbor was an active contributor to that gurudwara, he knew they don't belong there and were promptly marched away from society.

It was some trick , just don't know how did they do that
Old 5th May 2008, 23:47   #22
BHPian

I don't believe in any of those three either.
The only thing I do believe in is that every star sign has its own various and very typical character traits that are embodied in every human being in all kinds of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
In my case I would request him not to answer, if I go with TheOne®. What if he answers with my ex-wifes name in front of my current wife? Lene ka dena ho jaayega, astrologer kya karunga jab future hi khatam ho jaayega.
And why exactly Mr. Kapasi did you switch to Hindi here?
Old 5th May 2008, 23:58   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
I don't believe in any of those three either.
The only thing I do believe in is that every star sign has its own various and very typical character traits that are embodied in every human being in all kinds of ways.
Ah yes! I did read this book about Star Signs & Love Relationships by Linda Goodman. Find a few stuff too good to be true.

Quote:
. Sam I just realized you will be on the safer side if you learn Tamil. Because those guys mostly speak in Tamil only.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

I don't believe in either of them but do read the "Horrorscope" which comes in HT for fun! It turns out to be true for me at times!

Also, I have had to endure a lot of this over the years since my mother is a very religious person & is a staunch believer in all this. However, this has also meant that experience has taught me that most of what these people tell you is generic stuff & all they do is give you hope that the future is better! Which might not be the case always, trust me!!

Quote:
To save his hide from being skinned!
Old 6th May 2008, 00:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

I dont belive in either of the three. If anyone could predict the future just like that, the whole world would be a different place. I dont belive the whole kundali thingy either. All these things are a matter of faith thats all. And no I havent voted in the poll above. I dont drink beer either. Can I have the Ice Tea please ?
Old 6th May 2008, 01:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

well all of this science has existed in India since ages and its 100% correct provided the details provided are 100% true. I mean if one actually knows the correct time of birth of a baby and knows how to note the time of birth, because these days its a bit more complicated as some record the time of baby coming out and some note the time of baby's first breath.

it can really get scary, people get perplexed, and get all those dejavus, when one is told about the past and makes them really skeptical about the future.

sometimes its like there are genuine people who have the knowledge to predict the things and some are just there to make money.

sometimes it so happens that people are told about their past, thats when they start trusting or having faith in the person who tells them all this stuff, and later on they keep thinking about what they are told say about an event that would happen in the future, and people tend to create a mindset based on what they are told and finally subconsciously they do things in the way the person predicts the things and it finally happens.

i would say only one thing, people believe in yourselfs first, then when one has full confidence on oneself that they cannot be influenced by anything go look at things like this, one needs to be strong to face what is told and stay uninfluenced by all this and do only what they think is correct.

this topic is totally debatable, because there is no guarantee in the first place like i said the time of birth can be 100% correct, if it is correct then the person who you go to for guidance should be 100% dedicated, authentic, precise and correct.

Its then that what ever is predicted can come true, well all these predictions are inevitable for sure but then, it ONLY HELPS ONE STAY PREPARED, AND ofcourse in a way destroys the surprises the life holds for us.

IN THE END I SAY ITS WAY COMPLICATED THAN ONE CAN THINK ABOUT THIS IS ALL THAT I CAN SAY.

DISCLAIMER WARNING: These are my own opinions based on what i have seen and experienced in life, i mean no offense to any person, nor do i say i am 100% correct, so people dont believe them blindly.

PS: well all things spoke here are pertaining to science of astrology alone.

Last edited by rider60 : 6th May 2008 at 01:09.
Old 6th May 2008, 01:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

i also wanted to say, its science and one doesnot need to believe in it blindly, (say based on the faith/trust in the person who predicts the things), it so happens that people do not have knowledge regarding this science and end up believing blindly.

if one is truly interested then i say you personally read about it all and try and understand about it. non of it is humbug or magic nor its so that people with magical powers say spiritual etc alone can use it.

there is much much more to be told and like i said before its way complicated and time consuming for it to be told completely.

its exactly like the matrix movie, unfortunately one cannot be completely told what this science is they need to experience it.

DISCLAIMER WARNING: These are my own opinions based on what i have seen and experienced in life, i mean no offense to any person, nor do i say i am 100% correct, so people dont believe them blindly.

you ask me how i know about it, my answer is i personally know a few people who are spiritually into all this and they are close to me.
Old 6th May 2008, 02:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Ah yes! I did read this book about Star Signs & Love Relationships by Linda Goodman. Find a few stuff too good to be true.
Ummm, I don't know who Linda Goodman is and I wouldn't really say that stuff about love relationships is true. I am more referring to the special character traits everyone has and that are associated with your star sign. I myself find a lot about what is said about my star sign true for myself.
Old 6th May 2008, 08:18   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Ummm, I don't know who Linda Goodman is and I wouldn't really say that stuff about love relationships is true. I am more referring to the special character traits everyone has and that are associated with your star sign. I myself find a lot about what is said about my star sign true for myself.
I meant the same. Linda Goodman has written these two books describing some characteristics of people belonging to each star sign. Similarly, there is also a book on love relationships where she refers to some traits of two people in love (say how a relationship between Scorpio-Capricorn would generally be). I found most of these traits from the books "Star Signs" & "Love Signs" to be true. You should ask Sam to get you these books. I am sure you will enjoy reading them.
Old 6th May 2008, 08:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yes I believe.

Yes I believe in Astrology.
Till my 12th standard i.e. 4 years ago, I never believed in anything like that. Suddenly I dont know why, my acedemic carrear was in ruins. I strated believing in Astrology.
The ways told to me to control my super-short temper were useful and are being implemented even today.

It does not give you fool proof predections, but they do tell you the specific time periods where things might properly click.

Even now the things are stacked against me, and as ususal I am upto fighting with my head going somewhat white haired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks