Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2005, 21:52   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Many Happy Returns of the day Team-BHP!!!

The father of Team-BHP : Our old Formula India car community. 50 members in one year was achieved

Early Team-BHP days. 5 users online at most times.

11111 posts

Its Team-BHP's first birthday on 14th February 2004 - And what better day to have its birthday than on the day of love : Valentines Day! I on behalf of Aditya, Dippy, Rehaan, Revvmaster, Rtech, Shantanu, Stratos and V12 (the entire moderator team) would like to thank you all for shaping Team-BHP into the definitive Indian car community that it is today. What started off as a dream 12 months ago with a bunch of car enthusiasts wanting a common meeting ground to hang out and talk cars has today evolved into a community that has 50,000 articles, 1,500+ BHPians and about 40,000 visitors from all over the world.

Team-BHP is the FIRST professionally-managed Indian online car community. A Community which uses the absolute best software and hosting solutions available; one that's backed by a team of extremely dedicated and motivated petrolheads. Team-BHP has been founded and funded by automobile enthusiasts themselves, in order to keep the content indisputably unbiased and straightforward.

We have always strived to deliver the best, and a major upgrade of our systems / hosting partners in November 2004 along with consistent improvements have helped the most to sustain the growth we see today.

Knowledge is power, Power is knowledge : The average Team-BHPian is infinitely more informed than just another person on the Indian car scenario. Not only do we know the best options that are available, Team-BHPians are more than happy to share that knowledge with others. From a time that we didn't have a single person to discuss indepth car issues with, Team-BHP now gives us 1,500.

The best way to celebrate an anniversary is to plan improvements for the year ahead. And for that we need your help : Do visit The Suggestions Thread and offer your opinions on how we can continuously evolve and reinvent. YOU are the most important part of Team-BHP and we would highly appreciate your suggestions.

It's the passion for cars that unites this community. It's this love for cars which has enabled so many Team-BHPians to build relations and make true friends within this community. It's a Team that is growing at about 500 members and 9,000 posts a month.

This is THE website for Indian car enthusiasts.

Assuring you of the best 'hitting the revvlimiter' times ahead

GTO
Old 13th February 2005, 22:01   #2
BANNED

Many many many happy returns of the day Team-BHP!!! Congratulations to all BHPians for getting this dream alive. I wish to see Team-BHP on the world map one day...that day is not too far away. The only thing thats consistent is change, and its great to see Team-BHP changing for the better.

I have enjoyed my every visit and have cornered GTO himself on some car discussions over drinks

Once again, a Happy Birthday to Team-BHP!

MondeoGirl
Old 13th February 2005, 22:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Many Happy returns to us actually!!! We all including members, mods, admin form Tbhp! I have enjoyed every second on tbhp all the year and it has now become a part of our lives!!!
Old 13th February 2005, 22:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great going people!!

A verry verry happy birthday to Team-BHP!
I have definately learnt a lot from this site over the past few months, it has definately made me more knowledgeable about cars and about various other general things as well. Thanks to all the members who have taken time and explained various facts about cars.
I really hope that Team-BHP goes on and becomes the best car community in the entire world. This site has really grown, from its early days with very few members(well, just one year ago!) to what it is today(1500+ members).......... mindblowing.
And to top it all, the order, discipline and the neatness of the site. No slang, no abusive language, Moderators and administrators take a bow, this site has a very clean and uncluttered look to it, you feel like coming back to see this site again and again. Thanks to the members, moderators and administrator for maintaining the discipline on the board.
Congrats to all the members, Moderators and the Administrator for making Team-BHP what it is today.

-Shravan
Old 13th February 2005, 22:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TEAM-BHP !!!!

The past year has been so exciting, there is no end to how much we have learnt from fellow members. Not to mention the loads of new friends with the same passion we made. Saturday nights have never been the same after Team-BHP. This is just begining and there is a long way to go.

Thank you one and all for making Team BHP what it is today .

Let the good times roll ... !!!!

Dippy
Old 13th February 2005, 23:11   #6
Team-BHP Support

wow. 1 year already! Sure does not seem that long!

What can I say about T-bhp that has not been said already. It sure was something all of us were looking for - a melting pot for gasoline sniffers like us.

The enhanced knowledge and all that goes along with that was expected. But the bonus is the great bunch of fella's I've got to know from all over India. Hell, from running into a T-bhp Palio 1.6 out in the middle of nowhere near Delhi, to being welcomed into a fellow members house (thanks )while bike hunting in Bangalore and supercar hunting and Vtecing the hell outa stock tyres in Mumbai!

Damn, this forum is is just 1 year old now...can you imagine what it's gonna be like in 5 years!
Old 13th February 2005, 23:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is it guys!

After years of frustration of not being able to get an honest opinion or suggestion on the Indian automotive scene, we got onto the bandwagon and started T-BHP a year back....major credit to GTO for all of it.

Now its a become a habit for all of us (admin, mods and members).

Thanks GTO. I don't know where our lives would have been if this site weren't around. Thanks mod team for being such a great support mechanism. Lastly, but most importantly, thanks to all the MEMBERS for being loyal to our lil' baby and making sure that the name spreads around.

As Rtech rightly said, its strange the number of people on T-BHP you just run into while you are on your way to work or a pleasure trip or even a quiet dinner. Someone rightly said.... "The world is a small place". I think he/she was thinking of T-B while quoting that statement.

RevvMaster
Old 13th February 2005, 23:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

To add to all of that, the great friends that we/i have made around. Thanks a lot for being there guys/gals.

Revv
Old 13th February 2005, 23:52   #9
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Many Happy Returns of the day to TBHP. Time to pop the champagne I see a lot of passion in GTO's post there & understandably so...good going..keep it up all of you.

Last edited by RJK : 13th February 2005 at 23:53.
Old 14th February 2005, 00:02   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
To add to all of that, the great friends that we/i have made around. Thanks a lot for being there guys/gals.
Revv
You said it pal. I'll hold my keyboard back for sometime..
Old 14th February 2005, 00:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

I still remember the day when i was surfing through the indiacar forum and came across GTO's (M5 back then) invitation to join a automotive forum called "Formula India".

At first i thought, well why do i need to join it, i'm already a part of indiacar. I couldn't have even imagined back then, that my decission to join Formula India would change my life forever.

From indiacar, to formula india, to team-bhp, it's been a great journey. And the best part is that the journey has just started.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th February 2005 at 00:18.
Old 14th February 2005, 03:59   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Well TBHP has surely become a huge part of everyones lives, and honestly has proved to be a great source of knowledge, entertainment and like minded people!
The amount the forum has evolved in just the last 3 months has amazed me, and i am totally looking forward to what is in store in the future!
Thanks to everyone for making this possible!

Quote:
And what better day to have its birthday than on the day of love : Valentines Day!
Lol I think it was originally meant to be "what better way to celebrate this event than with the bombay speedrun"....but it got postponed :P

cya
Rehaan.
Old 14th February 2005, 09:54   #13
BHPian

Hello Team,

This time of the year does invite something special. No not because it V'day or its basant panchami, but hey ! its team-bhp's birthday.

Many Many happy returns of the day !!
All members must redline their cars, for once today.

This forum has seen tremendous growth over a very short period of time. Being in hands of real passionate ppl, all have contributed to raise the bar and maintain quality standards.
Hats off to all who contributed, right from an idea, to working towards its existence, maintaining decorum and providing such informative forum. Your hard work speaks volumes of the growth that team-bhp is witnessing today.

Keep up the good work guys !

Tarun

P.S. GTO: Was this a goal that was intended to begin right after your birthday? Nice gift to yourself and thanks for sharing.
Old 14th February 2005, 09:58   #14
BHPian

happy anniversary T-bhp and wish you a happy life with right now 1500+ children and more in the future.........hehe

BHpians you "ROCK"
Old 14th February 2005, 10:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats & Many Many Happy returns of the day to T-BHP

Kudos to the entire mod team for maintaining such a good site & also making it such a good information base. Keep up the good work
Closed Thread

Most Viewed