Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 23:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
dragging with auto wallas
This is under-estimation. Make it 'drifting with auto waalahs'!
Old 12th May 2008, 02:57   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
This is under-estimation. Make it 'drifting with auto waalahs'!
NAAH .. His is a drag machine
Old 17th May 2008, 01:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
You definitely have a case of defamation against all three - Delhi Police, the advertising agency, and the news paper. You can file a suit for damages as well as a criminal complaint before the local court. In the suit you can implead all three as parties; but the same can take years before being finalised.

IMO you can start of by giving a legal notice and you have a good case if your no is visible on the paper ad.
Well I saw the newspaper ad, and you cannot possibly read the license plate number. But assuming that you can proceed on the ground that his car is unique enough to be linked to him, and defame him to members of the public, one has to remember that truth is the ultimate defence to defamation. So if the original poster actually cuts red lights (as may be evidenced with even one challan if he has got any) his case falls flat on it's face.

Overall, it's not worth even thinking about legal options and such. Just take away the message of the ad - don't cut red lights. Not because some #*@%ers are "watching" you, but because you put others (and yourself) in danger, and less importantly contribute towards the general inefficiency of traffic.
Old 17th May 2008, 01:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

I first looked at the white Innova across the road. And then my eyes fell on the red&black beauty!
So whats the POA,Arush? Sueing them?

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2008 at 13:10. Reason: 1st = first.
Old 18th May 2008, 16:49   #20
BHPian

[quote=autopsyche;825886] Which was that website where you can see your challans online?quote]

yup, check this

QUERY FORM

it even came in dainik jagran (hindi).i know because i read it
Old 8th June 2008, 15:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
My car got prime location in todays Hindustan Times in the Delhi Police Advertorial (English and Hindi edition)..... pretty embarassing to get calls all morning haha!

Im sure the creative manager must have gone through loads of pics and thought, hey thats a cool car lets picture this!! GRRRRRRR.
why would someone think of filing a case when that was a big free ad for his car = more people come to know about his talents haha
if that was my car on the newspapers you would actually see me throwing out a party
Old 8th June 2008, 23:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

So now, whenever a cop stops me, all i have to do is take out the clipping from the dash and show him the picture, and tell him that my car is the official "model" car for all Delhi traffic police advertisments, and i get let off without any questions asked. Happened twice already
Old 9th June 2008, 00:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
So now, whenever a cop stops me, all i have to do is take out the clipping from the dash and show him the picture, and tell him that my car is the official "model" car for all Delhi traffic police advertisments, and i get let off without any questions asked. Happened twice already
Ha ha. Nice one Arush. Gotta use that ad for something. You can also tell them that you are in the middle of shooting and that the speed tracer behind you is part of the act cheers:

Most Viewed