Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 10:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai

So I finally went for the Kenny G concert in Mumbai yesterday evening. It was the first time Kenny was performing in India and something I really didnt want to miss. Since my other thread didnt evoke any response for company I decided to go alone. Reached Taj Lands End at around 5.45. Gates opened at 6.30 and I seated myself in the Gold section on the second row from the stage. Kenny has brought along his band to play along with him. Luckily it started at sharp 8.00 with the band playing an intro piece. Suddenly Kenny appeared playing on the big screen and then we all looked back to see him playing on a mini stage in the crowd. What an awesome entry. Made his way to the stage walking between the crowd shaking hands with all his fans, yes I was lucky too. All the cameras were going click click click.

After his intro piece he started playing all time classics beginning with Sentimental following that with Havana. Later came The Moment, Forever in Love and other hits. One track I really loved which he played was Youre Beautiful which is by James Blunt originally. Took a break in between to introduce us to his band members with pictures from their school days showing up on the screen behind. His guitarist and drummer also gave solo performances which were a treat to watch. He then played a few preview songs from his new album after which he played continuously till 10.00 pm. The second session comprised of The Joys of Life the super hit SongBird and others. The grand finale came in the form of My Heart will Go On from Titanic which sent the entire crowd into a trance.

It was truly an experience in itself to watch the maetro live in concert. I'm glad I went. Before the concert began there was unlimited alcohol and snacks which was included with your ticket for the Gold section.

Today he performs at Bangalore. If anyone really likes his form of music, dont miss it. Its a wonderful experience.

I took a few pictures and videos from my 6630. Please excuse the quality since I didnt carry my digicam. Attaching them below
Attached Thumbnails
Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k1.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k2.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k4.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k5.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k6.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k7.jpg  

Pics/ Report: The Kenny G Concert in Mumbai-k8.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 12th May 2008, 10:36   #2
BANNED

That's a quick update. And a good one too.
Thanks for sharing it here Dippy!

The whole concert would've been worth just for Songbird, Havana and Titanic theme. These tracks make each and every hair in my body stand and heart go into a special heaven which is just not explainable. How nice it would be to experience it live!!
Wish! Wish! Wish!
Old 12th May 2008, 12:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That's a quick update. And a good one too.
Thanks for sharing it here Dippy!

The whole concert would've been worth just for Songbird, Havana and Titanic theme. These tracks make each and every hair in my body stand and heart go into a special heaven which is just not explainable. How nice it would be to experience it live!!
Wish! Wish! Wish!
Right Zak, these three tracks are very special. And the atmosphere was just perfect. Open air, the moon shining right above and the music. Bangalore should have a good one tonite.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:54   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cool report, Dippy. I am sure you had a blast. Did you finally manage to get NC to go with you?
Old 12th May 2008, 17:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cool report, Dippy. I am sure you had a blast. Did you finally manage to get NC to go with you?
Nah. He backed out. I went alone. But he sure missed out
Old 12th May 2008, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

I know I missed out. BUt there is always a next time.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update Dippy ! As Zak mentioned that Havana & Songbird would have been the most special one's ! Never heard Kenny's You're Beautiful. Shall try downloading it. Anyways thanks for the Report. Cheers!
Old 12th May 2008, 18:17   #8
BHPian

Of course there has to be alcohol and food. We're so used to listening to him play in the background in so many restaurants . Glad you had fun Dipster; not my scene at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks