Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 11:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

When I had been to Europe in 2004, we took a Schengen visa with entry being Germany.

Wen to the German visa application centre - bank statements, income proof, letter from the person you intend to visit, plane ticket, hotel booking, credit card etc were attached with the form and we were called the next day. Reached there - the lady at the counter asked a few questions why we need multiple entry etc - we explained and she stamped the visa with a smile. typical German Precision - lol. If all your documents are correct, they will gladly give you a visa.

Swiss Visa - Same procedure - reached early to wait in line (it's a popular destination with Indians) - filled up the forms and attached the same stuff as for Schengen visa and submited. Next day went and picked up the passports. No questions asked. Everyone at the Visa office knows people are going for tourism.

Pretty neat experiences both times.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 17th May 2008 at 11:50.
Old 18th May 2008, 01:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hey, everyone has his own likes and dislikes and associations with any country. I respect yours. Germany has far more to offer than technology, believe me. It isn't always a man's idea to go there. It's a myopic thing to assume that.

And yes, lol, you could say that I was there recently.

In fact I've been there so often I've forgotten count. And there is a lot more to enjoy there other than speakers and women.
In any case I do not enjoy the women lol.

Oh yes - my (much) better half is German and in Germany and an active member here. Just you wait till she sees your comments. Tut-tut-tut, mannomann are YOU in trouble lol.
i wouldn't be the best person to comment on germany because i've never visited there! i have just been reading a lot online and hearing stuff about germany from other people.

i think you stopped enjoying the women because you found your woman ........... and partly also because she is an active member on this forum

i would appreciate it if you can give me a YETI approved list of MUST-SEE places in and around frankfurt, dusseldorf, cologne etc. it would help if you can ask your better half for suggestions too!! thanks!!
Old 18th May 2008, 10:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

The German countryside is as beautiful (if not more) as the English countryside.I simply am in love with the Black Forest area and the Lake Constance area.

Even the cities have a lot of greenery, the public transportation system simply rocks, the people are more friendlier than before - sigh all this brings back memories - Sam, you listening ? We should make a trip one of these days.

Most Viewed