Team-BHP - Bengaluru International Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bengaluru International Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/39910-bengaluru-international-airport-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 852271)
LOL. Thanks diabloo.
Its amazing the "conclusions" some people can draw!

lol:Actual post and comment that followed gave me an impression Rs.80 paid for the "need". May be I would have commented differently if I visited the new airport. Curiously waiting to check and compare the place !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 852285)
Actual post and comment that followed gave me an impression Rs.80 paid for the "need". May be I would have commented differently if I visited the new airport. Curiously waiting to check and compare the place !

hehe. Whatever you do, dont eat a sandwich at the CCD outlet there. They are as old as the airport.
I thought i will have a midnight snack while i wait in the bone chillingly cold air conditioned waiting lounge. Got the coldest hot coffee and the most frozen grilled sandwich.

Carpets Gather a lot of dust - and BIAL is known for its dusty environs...

The biggest hurdle i faced at the current airport are the tiles themselves. They are super smooth and shiny new as of now with no traction.I almost did a vertical split when walking through to the baggage collection area and pulled a muscle . I guess we still do not have all the dirt and grime on the floors which will provide better grip.

My advise to all folks using the new BIAL. Please ensure footwear with good grip...:D

Saw two guys on a Kerala motorbike with luggage turning into HAL airport today. Did not know whether to laugh or cry

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 853313)
Saw two guys on a Kerala motorbike with luggage turning into HAL airport today. Did not know whether to laugh or cry

Maybe to catch a taxi to go to the new airport? I'm guessing the old taxis are still parked at HAL.

Maybe to go to the Officers' quarters?

May be to catch a flight :uncontrol:uncontrol

Quote:

Hey you never know, they might have a private plane there somewhere:)

Quote:

Maybe Kairali Airlines has commenced its operations from HAL! :)

This is what is called 'living in caves' :)
Quote:

You never know, it could be some HAL staff coming back from vacation. Luggage on a motorbike/car/rikshaw doesnt connect anyone to a flight journey ! My guess is, someone returning from either majestic bus stand or railway station after vacation !!!

Well i just booked my tickets to the vayu vajra, online(through viaworld.in).All in all a very smooth transaction.It even allows you to select the seats.Lets see how the experience actually is once i go and catch the bus to the airport on saturday.

This could be slightly off-topic but still!

I am travelling to Bangalore from Pune tomorrow evening. The flight reaches Bangalore airport at 4 pm. My hotel booking is done in Whitefield, Ginger Hotel.

How far is this place from the airport?
Time it would take?
Mode of transport from the airport to Whitefield?

I hear, there are Volvo buses plying from the airport to the different areas in the city.

FYI, I have been to Bangalore just twice earlier, for a day or two max.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

If I am correct you have to take Volvo BIAL Route 6 (destination well marked). It will cost Rs 150/-
You can book the bus online here: Flights - Via. It will cost Rs 155/-
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 855010)

I am travelling to Bangalore from Pune tomorrow evening. The flight reaches Bangalore airport at 4 pm. My hotel booking is done in Whitefield, Ginger Hotel.

Time it would take?

I hear, there are Volvo buses plying from the airport to the different areas in the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 855010)

Time it would take?

1. Take Vayu Vajra Route #1 (Volvo service) to Whitefield. It will cost you Rs 150 & the less than 100 minutes to your destination. From Bus stop, you are on your own.
  2. Book a spot on the Airlift for Rs 300 (To the doorstep) Banglore Cab
cheers: